Thread: Bridge Direct The Hobbit Figures.

Hybrid View

Bridge Direct The Hobbit Figures.

Saw these the other day at my local Hastings. Since I have most of the figures I wanted from the Toybiz line I just picked up Tauriel because I really liked her look, figured at a glance she was about the same size as the Toybiz figures. Got her home, and well not exactly, the toybiz figures are just over 7 inches tall and she is about 5 1/2 inches tall. So today I picked up Gandalf to do a better side to side comparison and Thorin Oakenshield.

Stylistically the figures would go great standing near the Toybiz figures, there are pretty close in design and all. Gandalf's face in the new line looks more like a generic shot of Odin in his Wander look or Heston as Moses. I do like how the molded the hat to actually stay on his head, but it comes down covering his face a bit too much even when looking directly at him. This is made worse by the fact his head is pretty stationary, but could be a stiff joint. His cloak is a bit stiffer than the Toybiz version I have but both kind of get in the way of posing him in various ways. Still I like the figure.

So back to Tauriel, over all I like the figure the only real complaint (aside from the lines over all height) is her quiver. It takes a bit to get the peg in her back and because her hair is a bit more stiff it forces her head forward.

I haven't opened Thorin yet, will after I get back from work. My only other complaint from the line over all is lack of foot peg for stands, with figures like this with often bulky accessories or outfits being able to put them on a stand really goes a long way to keep them standing. Gandalf of course being more of a problem then Tauriel.

The 3.75 inch line I didn't like the look of at all when I saw them today. It was nice to see they had figure packs, singles and some other characters but I just didn't get a good feel from them.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I thought the 1/18th figures were far nicer than most movie toy lines (*cough* anything from Mattel *cough*) but I too am looking for the larger figures to fit in with my Toybiz stuff. The dwarves seem to go fine with the Toybiz figures, so I think I'll be ok. I'm interested to see some more pictures of these guys though. Haven't seen the larger figures in stores at all.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"