View Poll Results: 2014 - Glad you subbed?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2014 turned out great!

80 89.89%
  • No! Too many bad choices made me wish I hadn't!

9 10.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 - Glad you subbed?

2014 - Glad you subbed?

So with the 2014 lineup completely revealed and with 2015's fate still to be decided, I thought I'd check to see what people thought of 2014 overall. Are you glad you subbed in 2014 or not?
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Very happy with 2014. Glad I subbed. Its the only way to go.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Yes I am.

First quarter for me was a bit hit and miss - never been a Two Bad fan, Glimmer had lose ankles which took away the enjoyment of the figure and Hydron was too bulky. Loved Modulok and Unnamed One though.

Since then it's gone much better - Blade, Scorpia, Extendar, Flog, Flutterina, Madame Razz are all great figures. Even Battle Lion turned out good.

Really looking forward to the rest of the year, so much awesome stuff coming - Mermista, Tung Lashor, Eldor, Gwildor and of course the Etherian sub figures. Only ones I'm not so pumped for are Arrow and (botched up) Rio Blast.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

The only figure I haven't had any interest in is Flutterina. The res have all been great so I'm very glad I subbed.

Oh man yes.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Definitely glad that I subbed!! 2014 was filled with MOTU goodness!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I was just looking at the 2014 figures we've gotten and thinking to myself how glad I am that I subbed. Modulok is amazing!
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Absolutely YES!!!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quarter 3 in the Club Eternia sub has turned out a bit meh!, but the final quarter is kick ass and makes up for the previous quarter. Subbing also unlocked the Club Etheria where we got Madame Razz and played catch up with the POP characters. So definitely happy I subbed for 2014 for Madame Razz alone!
    Last edited by blackiecats; August 22, 2014 at 02:52pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I was just trying to remember what was in 2014. Two Bad, Modulock, Extendar, Blade man there have been some awesome figures. Ok some of the POP stuff has not exactly lit my fire and there has been the whole unwanted one incident, but yeah its been really good.

Of course! I love MOTU and MOTUC is the perfect expression of everything I love about it.

Heck, if I could afford it I would have started subbing more than one for custom fodder, and to earn enough on a handful of figures to pay for the extras this year, if not most of the sub itself. I hate second hand profiteers, speculators, but it's tempting. Heck, I'd sub Twice this year to help. Sadly I am poor.

Not counting Club Etheria and out of sub stuff, I'm very glad I subbed for 2014. Two-Bad, Glimmer, Scorpia, Blade, Flutterina, NA Skeletor, Modulok, Tung Lashor, Gwildor, Mermista, and The Unnamed One made it a great year.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Sho nuff. .. I love this line...so far this is my favorite toy line to date!! And if I had the doe ,I would by 5 subs every year..But I'm happy at least to have the one..
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Yes, absolutely. There were so many great figures. I am wondering if it was a mistake to get a second PoP sub. One probably would have been enough.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Yes! I think 2014 really goes down as the best year of MOTUC for me! I know those first couple of years when almost everyone was a heavy hitter are hard to compare to this, but for me, a ton of favorites came in 2014, from Two-Bad to Glimmer to Scorpia to Mermista, plus really amazing looking figures like Modulok and Spinnerella. I have always been a POP fan (as you may have guessed) and this year finally felt like the Great Rebellion was fleshed out. I don't know about you guys, but I just don't have the space to display every single one of my Masters figures, so I just display my absolute favorites and the most important from each faction. Each faction has a shelf, and for a long time, in other years, it seemed like it was few and far between that a figure came out that actually made it to one of my shelves, due to their obscurity, concept status, etc. This year though, and especially the next few months, almost every figure that comes out makes it to the shelf. This month alone was New Adventures Skeletor, Madame Razz and Flutterina, all shelf-worthy members of their factions. Next month I get to add Entrapta to the Horde shelf. Later in 2014 I get multiple Great Rebellion members, a Snakeman, just so many important characters! 2014 was the year that things really started to near completion for me. Best year so far, though I think 2015 could be even more satisfying in terms of finishing the factions!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Yes, times 35!!!!!!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    HECK YES!

Any year that we're treated to FOUR New Adventures figures is a huge win in my book!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, no question- even the DR issues have paled in comparison to the amazing figures, coming to me each month!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

yea everything has been awesome...
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Always have and always will.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely. NA Skeletor is amazing, and easily my favorite Skeletor variant. Blade was the last of the vintage figures I personally felt a great need for, and he turned out quite well, with just a bit of paint needed to make him excellent (plus, DR screwed up the shipping on mine, resulting in me getting a 2nd Blade for free, which I'm pretty happy with). Two-Bad was great, and Modulok was freaking amazing. The Unnamed One is, IMO, an excellent figure, and I still don't get why some people are so hung up on him being a Trollan (then again, I also don't get why some people are so hung up on the bios; I honestly ignore them liberally. In fact, I don't even remember much of anything about most of them). Even Hydron turned out looking much better in person than I expected, and his puffy armor turned out to be something relatively simple to fix.

Seriously, I don't think I have any regrets at this point. There are a few nitpicks I could throw out, but nothing so far that ruins even one figure for me.

Yes. With the exception of Hydron, Flogg, NA Skeletor and The UNO it's been a great year.

No, but for different reasons.

I'm really glad for all the NA in this year, but somewhat disappointed that all these figures i've been wanting since forever were so poorly executed. Also, as soon as i saw gorpo, i knew i was done with classics. Been selling each of my figures every month to get even

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Yes! The only truly horrible figure IMO was Hydron but my 9 yr old loved him. The rest were easy to trade off fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Yes! The only truly horrible figure IMO was Hydron but my 9 yr old loved him. The rest were easy to trade off fortunately.
    I guess i'm really lucky to love all those NA figures it's almost like a favour when i take them from someone else