View Poll Results: Do you want Mattel to offer Hot Wheels toys that look just like MOTU vehicles?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'm interested in something like this!

14 53.85%
  • I'm undecided.

5 19.23%
  • Nope, not interested.

7 26.92%

Thread: Would Classics fans buy off-budget HotWheel toys that look just like MOTU vehicles?

Would Classics fans buy off-budget HotWheel toys that look just like MOTU vehicles?

While we look to the bright future of Masters of the Universe beyond 2015, consider that we have seen numerous attempts to expand our interest beyond the Classics line with a set of Polly Pocket figures, MOTU Mini figures, a baby Skeletor doll, and a 12-inch vintage figure prototype. What else do we want displayed on our already packed toy shelves other than more Classics figures?

I feel Mattel missed a big opportunity with its previous MOTU Hot Wheel toy offerings, which featured a selection of typical looking cars decorated with He-Man artwork. Meanwhile, Ghostbusters received an Ecto-1 toy that looked just like the original car! Other well known vehicles Mattel has translated into Hot Wheels includes the Mystery Mobile, the Flinstones car, the Batmobile, the A-Team van, and the Delorean from Back to the Future.

It seems Mattel churns out a ton of those little metal cars every year. Would MOTU fans buy a Filmation Attak Trak, or would more people be interested in the toy version? How about a Land Shark, Battle Ram, Roton, or Skeletor's Collector vehicle? The toys would, of course, be completely separate from the Classics budget, and would in no way keep us from getting more of our favorite MOTU figures produced. If anything I feel this could only increase interest in our hobby and community. Would you collect something like this?

New Adventures fans, would you like a Hot Wheels toy of Starship Eternia? How about one designed to match the box art?

Lots of vehicles to choose from. Like Skeletor's barge from the live action movie!

Maybe this design will be made into a Hot Wheels toy some day. It wouldn't be too surprising, given Toyguru's history as a writer for the brand.

Art by Axel Giménez

She-Ra fans, are there any Hot Wheels toys you'd like to see? Maybe a Horde tank? Or one of the transformed Monstroids from the Christmas special? There's Horde Prime's flag ship (The Velvet Glove), or the Bubble Carriage.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I'm assuming that they would die cast metal?
    It wouldn't be a factor for me but I'm curious as to the price? would it very from vehicle to vehicle?
    I would buy them.
    For example, the traditional size and die cast metal version of Ecto-1 was sold at Toys R Us for $5.99 retail.
    http://www.toysrus.com/buy/collectib...cto-1-21871146

Then there is the super fancy 1:18 scale, die-cast Hot Wheels Elite Ghostbusters II Ecto-1A Vehicle, MSRP: $79.99.

Last edited by AdultCollector; August 28, 2014 at 09:20am.

My top wants: (And I'd be fine with the 1:18 scale too!)

Attak Trak (both versions)
    Land Shark
    Roton
    Road Ripper
    Dragon Walker
    Spydor
    Battle Ram
    Collector
    Bashasaurus

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    My top wants: (And I'd be fine with the 1:18 scale too!)

Attak Trak (both versions)
    Land Shark
    Roton
    Road Ripper
    Dragon Walker
    Spydor
    Battle Ram
    Collector
    Bashasaurus
    Great list! My top wants:

Attak Trak (Filmation)
    Battle Ram
    Starship Eternia (Box art version)
    Land Shark
    Roton
    Attak Trak (Vintage MOTU Toy)
    Talon Fighter
    Wind Raider
    Last edited by AdultCollector; August 27, 2014 at 09:19am.

Yes, this is something I've hoped to see for a long time.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nah, not interested. I'm not a Hot Wheels fan.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I don't collect toy cars so it's of no interest to me. 5-7 inch figures and vehicle all the way for me.

I am undecided. With me it hinges on scale. I do not see the road ripper being the same size as Spydor. For instance when they have motorcycles in hot wheels they are scaled way up to make sense, then some flying machines are scaled way down. I dont want that.

However if they got the scale somewhat acceptible I would be open to this, certianly. I think it's foolish to think something like that could happen since tooling would be pretty specific.

If we are just using our imaginations, I am ok with it in theory but I feel the scale would be wrong enough to bother me. I dont know.