View Poll Results: Which Snake Mountain?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Filmation Style

88 47.06%
  • MYP Version

32 17.11%
  • Original Toy Version

44 23.53%
  • Other

23 12.30%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBoyRM View Post
    Could an artist make this playset using Kickstarter?
    Only if he wants to get hit with copyright infringement.

Quote Originally Posted by Customikey View Post
    Only if he wants to get hit with copyright infringement.
    Mmm...also without specify what is this playset?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MYP. Purple rocks and lava. Extra snap on snake heads to show that King Hsss has taken over. Maybe enemies can hide in all of the nooks and crannies.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe enemies can hide in all of the nooks and crannies.
    But that's where the butter hides!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

If I'm not mistaken, all official art and the Eternia Map clearly shows the MYP exterior design. Making lava pour out of the mouth might be tricky unless there's a long transluscent piece to stick on.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    As others have said, a mix of Filmation and MYP. ANYTHING but the original toy version.
    As a kid I was immediately in love with Castle Grayskull. But when they came out with Snake Mountain I was all like

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharella View Post
    I'd like to see this kind of combination of original toy and filmation version:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...rp-d3dw1o3.jpg
    This!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    This!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After what they have done with CG I hate to inmagine what snake mountian will look like.

Id like to see the vintage toy near the base and the filmation version higher up . This would probably be impossible but who can say.
    Id like to beleive we will get a snake mountain and selling lots of Grayskull has made this more possible.

I would like the front to be straight filmation but with some twisted faces from the vintage toy incorporated into the rock. The back of the mountain could feature a lavafall, a bridge and more faces from vintage toy and also an entrance inspired by the wolfhead-gate. The inside needs skeletors filmation throne and table. A dungeon would be nice too.

Heroic Warrior
    The only thing I would like out of snake mountaing... would be PLAY VALUE

The original was VERY disappointing, and VERY cheaply made...The bridge railings kept snapping... the chains kept breaking...

the only thing that really WORKED was the trap door and net... but the inside of the lair was completely empty.

If I was designing it... I'd have 3 floors...

Dungeon... throne room/council of Evil... Basically what we're getting with Grayskull... but more of it. After all, Randor saw the inside of Skeletor's dungeon a LOT more than ANYONE saw Grayskull's

Maybe a robotics lab for triklops... magic vault for super weapons that failed... Shadow beast pen... though that COULD be dungeon...

Visually?? The original toy is ok... Because we would NEVER get a GOOD filmation one... You know.. the one where they fight inside the snake mouth?? Too much to hope for, so a redesign is fine.

A Filmation style one would be cool to see.

OK since Grayskull is a go and on it's way when do we expect something with Snake Mountain to be discussed?

I voted MYP but really a combination of Filmation and MYP would be great. I hated the original toy version so much so that I sold it off and kept the rest of my collection. I would not purchase snake mountain if it looked like that.

I would buy Filmation or a combo of filmation and Myp!

To be bluntly honest I probably wouldn't sub for a Snake Mountain, as much as I dearly love the idea of fans getting one. As it is I have zero idea where I'm going to display the Castle Grayskull I bought and with the possibility of a Snake Mountain... I'd be overwhelmed! But again, I will support the concept in theory for those who do have the space and desperately want one.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation is sick looking. I would go for that, but I don't think it could happen without being under scaled. The toy version was a bit stupid. Im in it for the classics, so would have to go with nostalgia on this with some added effort of detail. The new icon statue would just be perfect. But again, I dont for see this ever happening due to scaleness.

Plus one for the original toy version.

I had to research a bit on this...I was perplexed!

I'm dying for a playset here, and just never ordered a MOTUC CG since I have the 200x one...I had the original growing up, so I'm ready for a good 'evil' playset!

In the end I chose the Original toy version, probably because I never had it. Honestly though, if ANY could be created I would be happy and would buy it sight unseen

Seriously, I hope they make this. A fright zone would be fully acceptable too.

a mix of filmation with vintage playset would be the best imo

I can't believe anyone would want one based on the vintage toy, since that was likely the single biggest disappointment of the entire vintage line.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    I voted for the Old Playset look and here's why:

I know that playset was dissappointing at the time because of the lack of playability and the design, that didn't resemble any of its others incarnations. That's why I always saw it as part of the whole mountain, a mere Wall, just like it's now on the Icon Heroes sculpture.

Now I know that according to all the scale problems we had with Castle Grayskull and taking into account the proportions of such a mountain, we can't get a propper scaled Snake Mountain.

Also, detail on the old playset could probably translate better into a new toy tan a boring Wall of rocky spikes, that's why the majority of you are asking for the addition of "old playset details/faces" even though you prefer Filmation/MYP version.
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Best way to do it is to do the front Filmation style, with the back side the falls from filmation but with the toy design in the rock face "aka mt rushmore" with the wolfhead ccut into the rock with a moveable jaw bottom. As for the mic use the dollar store style foil/vibration echo mic. [0] electronics an sounds close to the sound the voice made when speaking thru the vintage electronic toy mic.

OK now that Grayskull looks to be a success do you think we will see a Snake Mountain before this line ends?

Hybrid version.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

"Other" They could do it the same way they did CG. Opens 90 degrees, Front side MYP / Filmation hybred, side wall Face w/ simulated lava falls. interior with Skeletors throne and seer table. A trap door that leads to an actual dungeon. It's totally doable. Will we get it?????
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

I'm going to bet it happens, and that it won't be unlike the Icon Heroes Snake Mountain. After all, Mattel had to approve that design.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.