Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official He-Man.org Secret Santa Thread 2012

The Official He-Man.org Secret Santa Thread 2012

Hello Secret Santas!

It’s that time of year again! The annual He-man.org Secret Santa Season kicks off today, October 20th 2012.

Eligible Santa’s have until November 3rd to sign up. So, in order to sign up, you must be a registered member who then sends me a PM with your real name and mailing address (which she will keep private and only share with your Secret Santa).

IMPORTANT: If you have signed up, but change your mind about participating, you have until November 3rd to PM me to remove your name from the list without being marked as a Bad Santa.
    No new names will be accepted after November 3rd.

In order to sign up:
    1.) You must have been a member of He-man.org for at least 1 year (your signup date must be on or before October 20th, 2011).
    2.) If you have not participated in the He-man.org Secret Santa in the past, you will need to have another He-man.org member PM me to vouch for your reputation. This needs to be someone with who you have done a successful trade or sale.

After you send me your PM, you may also post a wish list in this thread as a purchasing suggestion for your Secret Santa. Do not be offended if your Secret Santa gift is not from your wish list as there's no guarantee you'll receive what you asked for. Also, please ask for generalities. For instance, you like Star Wars or LEGO, do not list specific items as this puts pressure on the Santa to find and deliver them. Instead, just say Star Wars or LEGO. If you are looking for specific items to fill out your collection, that’s what the Marketplace forum is for.

On November 6th, another board member’s name will be randomly selected and sent to you in a PM, along with their shipping address. Be sure to keep that info a secret and not tell the user you are buying them a gift! Otherwise, it won't be Secret Santa! Sorry no special requests to purchase for specific users will be granted. Also, by signing up you agree that you may have to ship your gift internationally.

Gifts sent within the United Statues will have until December 9th to buy and send your package to your recipient! International gifts will need to be sent by November 25th to ensure a Christmas delivery. As an example, if you live in the USA and need to ship your gift to Germany, you will need to send your gift by November 25th to ensure a Christmas delivery in Germany.

Fans shipping within the United States MUST use delivery confirmation, and they will need to send me a PM with that delivery confirmation number as proof of shipment by December 9th. International gifts must send a scan or photograph of their customs form to Judith@she-ravers.com by November 25th as proof of shipment. If postage confirmation is late or there is a failure to provide an active tracking number or scan of the customs form, it will result in you being listed on the Bad Santa list. Bad Santas are added to our Naughty List and will not be allowed to participate in any future Secret Santa gift exchanges!

Even if you get marked as a Bad Santa, you still need to get your gift out for this year's Secret Santa. The absolute final deadline is December 27th, 2012 for Bad Santas. If a Bad Santa missed that date as well, they will be banned from the He-man.org forums permanently! This is a new rule to ensure that everyone sends a gift. It’s not worth losing your membership over a free gift.

Please package ALL gifts securely to ensure they arrive intact and undamaged. Do not wrap the shipping box in gift paper! You can wrap the gift inside the box if you want, just NOT the actual box with which you use to ship the gift!

If your gift arrives late or not at all, but you followed all the correct steps, we'll address that when the time comes. Everyone should note gifts may be possibly lost by the postal system. This is a risk that everyone must face. A replacement gift will not be sent if a gift was lost in the mail.

The below list includes all of the Santa’s signed up for the 2012 He-man.org Secret Santa gift exchange.

benzie-man
    Card
    cyberv
    Detective Lubic
    ICER
    Jeffrey80
    JimmyPSHayes
    jjaymia
    Jukka
    King Kahn
    Kowl
    Major Prime
    markatisu
    Mermista
    Mighty Puundragon
    mikethedrummer
    MOTU_Maniac
    MOTUfan
    Mye-Kah B
    pH6
    Pixel Dan
    Princess Adora NJ
    Rain
    Rhanen
    Scotward
    Seahawk
    Slave2Evil_Lyn
    spectroscott
    starcrusader

*Santa names will appear in Black until shipping confirmation is received. Names will appear in Red once confirmation of shipping is received but their gift has yet to be received by the recipient. And finally, once the gift is received by the recipient the sender's name will appear in Green. When your gift arrives please post in this thread to inform your Santa the gift was received. But please don’t open the box with your gift until Christmas to keep with the spirit of Secret Santa!

Gifts should be between $10 and $20 USD before shipping. If you are only participating to receive a gift equal in value to what you sent, do not participate. This is about giving, not receiving. If we determine that you spent less than $10 USD before shipping, you will be placed on the Bad Santa list and not eligible to participate in the future He-man.org Secret Santas. If you spend more than $20 USD before shipping, please do not be upset if your Santa stayed within the $10-20 limit

Please do not sign up if you are unsure if you can participate. While we understand that the unforeseen does sometimes occur, you should be able to gauge at the present moment if you can complete your end of the exchange. Don’t plan on buying Secret Santa gifts with money you don’t have!

Any further questions or concerns may be addressed in the Secret Santa thread.

Thanks!
    -Judith
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Heroic Warrior
    Man! I can't join in (been a member since 2012). But I'll try next year.

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    Can't wait for the fun to start!!!! I'm on board.

I'll post my list a little later.
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Crazyness. My sign up date is October 21st
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I might have to do it this year.

What if the last time I did take part in this was so long ago that our best friend, 'Search feature' can't find them? Do you still require me to get someone to vouch for me? (I'd call on the power of Val but he's said he can't remember it!)
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

I decided to throw my name in this year.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Great Idea!

I love things like this! Thanks for organising this Judith!
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm always happy to toss my hat into the ring. I'm never that hot on receiving, but I sure do love giving.

Any of the Ben 10 Omniverse 4" Alien Collection figs (except 11 year old Ben, Feedback or Bloxx)
    Sluggy Freelance books (have 1-7)
    Reprolabels Power Rangers Zord decals
    Any of the recent Marvel prose Novels

(looks at list) And pretty much anything else I'm interested in is either way over the price range or too specific to put here (and as far as MOTU goes, I've got more or less everything I want), so...
    Last edited by cyberv; November 4, 2012 at 07:05pm.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by pH6 View Post
    What if the last time I did take part in this was so long ago that our best friend, 'Search feature' can't find them? Do you still require me to get someone to vouch for me? (I'd call on the power of Val but he's said he can't remember it!)
    No worries, I remember you. You always delivered for Secret Santa.

Names to be up-dated shortly! I have a few waiting for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Judith, I feel bad for Swifty, since they missed the join deadline by a single day or less. Any chance there could be wiggle room to let them participate?
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by cyberv View Post
    Judith, I feel bad for Swifty, since they missed the join deadline by a single day or less. Any chance there could be wiggle room to let them participate?
    Sorry cyberv, there has to be a hard cut off at some date. Swifty can participate next year. I swear the world will not end on Dec 21, 2012.

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith
    In order to sign up ... If you have not participated in the He-man.org Secret Santa in the past, you will need to have another He-man.org member PM me to vouch for your reputation. This needs to be someone with who you have done a successful trade or sale.
    Wow, what a Massive Catch-22. New people can't participate unless a person they Santa'd already vouches for them.

--SMP
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Nope, they need to conduct a successful trade or sell on the board. Meaning they are trust worthy. The person that vouches for them only has to be a member on the board and does not necessarily need to have participate in past Secret Santas.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Sorry cyberv, there has to be a hard cut off at some date. Swifty can participate next year. I swear the world will not end on Dec 21, 2012.
    Boooo!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Boooo!
    Me either Swifty!

Awesome. Will be happy to participate once again (I think this is my 3rd or 4th year now)

Always happy to send out gifts to other MOTU/POP fans!

Wish-list

• MOTUC figures
    • MOTUC Weapons Packs
    • MOTU Mini-Comics
    • MOTUC Mini-Comics
    • Filmation He-Man or She-Ra Animation Cels
    • MOTU Magazines
    • Superman stuff (comics, toys)
    • Batman stuff (comics, toys)
    • 2011 ThunderCats DVDs

Or even a nice Christmas Card will be great.

a Muppet of a man...
    Last year was my first year, and it was a lot of fun! I'm excited for this year!

As for a wish list, aside from MOTU stuff I like Transformers, Incredible Hulk, Muppets, Glyos figures, just about anything Spy Monkey creations is doing, and am also quite happy with surprises!

Count me in again. I am ready to go for what happened last year and ready for this year as well.. will have a list up this weekend.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

For whom ever gets my name, my interests include:
    Muppets (love them all, but favorite character is Rowlf the dog)
    Motu/motuc (anything motu is always loved, i don't own any of the mini comics new or old)
    Starwars
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    Back to the future
    The Walking Dead (I already have the enitre comic series)
    Star gate
    X-men
    Ghostbusters
    The TV Show LOST
    "vintage" video games (i.e. Atari, Nes, Snes)
    Things with banjos or banjo music (I already have everything by Steve Martin)
    I love squirrels
    ... or really anything. These are just ideas since alot of you don't really know me too well, I am easily pleased with pretty much anything.
    Last edited by Rain; November 5, 2012 at 08:50pm.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    Benzi-man, Glad to see you playing Santa, this year!

Instead of sending me a gift.... PLEASE donate to American Red Cross Hurricane Sandy fund. Others need help more than I need a gift. Many of my friends have lost quiet more than I.

My wish list:
    vintage POP figures
    any He-man or She-ra Cels, storyboards, ect
    any My Little .Pony
    or surprize me!
    Last edited by Princess Adora NJ; November 3, 2012 at 06:53pm. Reason: changing my wish list
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Very happy to participate for the 4th time in a row It gave me the chance to meet with overseas fans and their interests

As every year, anything shall be greatly appreciated if it comes with good will.
    However, being Christmas and having my inner child anxious to get what he wants under the tree, these are my interests wishlist:

_G.I.Joe
    _MOTU
    _Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    _DCUC
    _Batman
    _ThunderCats
    _Vintage action figures (if moc, even better)
    _80's cartoons DVD's
    _Blu-Rays
    _Star Wars
    _Marvel

Last minute addition

Anything from "Wreck it Ralph": Plush, action figures, whatever!
    Last edited by Rhanen; November 6, 2012 at 09:40am. Reason: Love Wreck it Ralph merchandise
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Thank you for welcoming me Princess Adora NJ. Well this is the first year I sign up but I have heard only of positive experiences from the other guys on the forums.

My wish list:

Lego Star Wars
    MOTUC figures or weapons packs
    Anything from Spy Monkey creations
    200X MOTU figures or comic books
    Vintage MOTU mini comics
    MOTU commemorative figures

Christmas cards and messages are always welcome!
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I'm in again! I love participating in Secret Santa!

Here's my list:

MOC "The Original" burst MOTUC:
    Battle Ground Evil Lyn Reissue
    Battle Ground Teela Reissue
    Bow Reissue
    Man-E-Faces Reissue
    Swift Wind Reissue
    Sy-Klone Reissue
    Vikor Reissue
    Any of the mini comics from this year
    Anything AC/DC except for music- got it all
    Anything Ween except for the music- got it all
    Game Stop, Home Depot gift cards
    or anything you want to send me, your autograph, dirty laundry, whatever, it's all good.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    or anything you want to send me, your autograph, dirty laundry, whatever, it's all good.
    I got plenty of dirty laundry to send ya mike!
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I got plenty of dirty laundry to send ya mike!
    I got plenty of practice! What's another few baskets full.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087