Thread: New Member from Florida!

New Member from Florida!

Hey Eternians,

I was a big MOTU fan as a child in the 80s, like everyone else. I started with Mego figures as a small child, but I was too young to really appreciate them. I moved onto STar Wars and GI Joe and still have tons of them (along with lots of new ones), but then it happened.

I will never forget the day my Dad took me to Toys R Us and I saw all the new Masters of the Universe stuff. They were BRAND new and the pegs were full. He said I could choose any one I wanted. Of course, I got the He-Man and Battlecat set. The best thing was, as we were walking out of the aisle he said, "what's a hero without a villain to fight?" so he said I should get a bad guy, too! I figured - if I'm getting a bad guy, I want the worst of them all... Skeletor! This was a rarity for me since money was tight and usually when I wanted a toy, I would hear the dreaded 4 words, "We can't afford it." But I had just gotten a great report card to end the school year and Dad splurged a little more than usual!

The ONLY negative thing I remember about that day was that Dad ended off the day by taking me to see "Megaforce". OMG - what a crap-fest! Not even a GOOD crappy like most of the 80's B movies!

All my old MOTU stuff was lost in an ex-girlfriend's storage unit she never paid for, but I never forget that fantasy world! So, I lurked here for awhile, but now I've decided to join and begin collecting these new MOTU Classics!

Brassy Baroness
    On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, Malev_Emperor!! We're very glad to have you join our site hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting here when you have an opportunity. Most of them are pretty easy to follow.

Sorry to hear about the loss with the storage unit. Ouch!

We hope you really enjoy your time here! Welcome!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Thank you so much. I am already enjoying myself!

Heroic Warrior
    Welcome Malev_Emperor, I've never seen Megaforce, that bad huh?
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Hello there fellow Floridian! Greetings from Miami and welcome to He-Man.org!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFall View Post
    Welcome Malev_Emperor, I've never seen Megaforce, that bad huh?
    Oh wow, it is SO Bad, but not so bad it's good like most 80's films. So bad, it's embarrasing!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    Hello there fellow Floridian! Greetings from Miami and welcome to He-Man.org!
    Thanks, Drakken! I'm in St. Petersburg on the other coast. Can you believe I've been here 16 years and have never made it further east than Orlando?!

This place is great! Glad I found it!

Heroic Warrior
    Malev_Emperor I sort of remember Megaforce now, yes a very embarrassing movie.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Welcome to He-Man.org. Hope you enjoy your time here.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Welcome fellow Floridian!

Thanks, guys!

Just wanted to say, in the span of a few days, I managed to get my hands on 5 new MOTUC thanks to this site! I scored the Eternian Palace Guard and Snake Men 2 packs PLUS a mean Vikor fig! Sweetness!

Ok, so maybe this board isn't as chatty as some others I am on, but I still am having a ball!

Welcome! Great story about your father and getting rewarded for good grades! I have similar memories, and I cherish them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app