Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween 2012

Halloween 2012

Anyone doing anything fun for Halloween this year?

I finished my Ram Man costume today. The main ingredients are a 4X t-shirt, a bucket and a floor mat. Not shown are black galoshes and green pants (no spring legs in the budget). I am skipping the axe because I will need one hand for drinks and the other for snacks, of course.

rm_tunic.jpgrm_helmet.jpgrm_armor.jpgrm_bracers.jpgrm_buckle.jpg

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing. How about an all suited-up pic?

Just installed some LEDs into my son's Ultraman mask tonight.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I agree! full suit pic!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    That's awesome! Thanks for sharing. How about an all suited-up pic?

Just installed some LEDs into my son's Ultraman mask tonight.
    Thanks! May we see a photo of the mask? Sounds fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I agree! full suit pic!
    Ha ha. In this case, the whole is less than the sum of its parts. If I get a tolerable photo next weekend, I will post it here.

Heroic Warrior
    My local comic book store is having a Halloween event where they're having free stuff and 20% collectible figures. And if you dress up in costume, you can get more free stuff.

I plan on being Finn from Adventure Time. It was either him, Batman, Indiana Jones, Skeletor, or Darth Vader, but since Finn was easier (and the cheapest), I went with him.

Plus I have to pick up the new He-man comic (plus some other comics).

Quote Originally Posted by Burtonnut View Post
    My local comic book store is having a Halloween event where they're having free stuff and 20% collectible figures. And if you dress up in costume, you can get more free stuff.

I plan on being Finn from Adventure Time. It was either him, Batman, Indiana Jones, Skeletor, or Darth Vader, but since Finn was easier (and the cheapest), I went with him.

Plus I have to pick up the new He-man comic (plus some other comics).

That's awesome..I wish my comic shop did that. But they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
    Thanks! May we see a photo of the mask? Sounds fancy.
    Not really that fancy. The mask is from Japan but it's just a plastic one. The LEDs look better in person.

Now it's your turn to share a Ram-Man pic!

im going to a party in Newport RI...at some Belle court Castle... i went last yer and it was a blast...open bar and goodies..not to mention all the great costumes!!! i cant wait!!!

I had originally wanted to be Ram-Man but couldn't really figure out what to do costume wise. I'm thinking about looking for a generic skeleton costume and finding a scythe (to paint green) and a purple cloak. Scareglow for the win!! But who knows, maybe I'll end up being something else. I was the Doctor last year but not many people understoo who I was (that costume went over better at HeroCon.)
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I'll be dressing up as Towelie from South Park, so hide the munchies and don't forget to bring a towel!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
    Anyone doing anything fun for Halloween this year?

I finished my Ram Man costume today. The main ingredients are a 4X t-shirt, a bucket and a floor mat. Not shown are black galoshes and green pants (no spring legs in the budget). I am skipping the axe because I will need one hand for drinks and the other for snacks, of course.

rm_tunic.jpgrm_helmet.jpgrm_armor.jpgrm_bracers.jpgrm_buckle.jpg
    That looks awesome so far dude!! Cannot wait for final pics!

Not really that fancy. The mask is from Japan but it's just a plastic one. The LEDs look better in person.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...masklights.jpg

That looks really nice too!!

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I'll be dressing up as Towelie from South Park, so hide the munchies and don't forget to bring a towel!!
    That's too funny!!!

Here's mine, still WIP

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    A garderner with a meat tenderizer?

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen, d-set!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Snappy Threader
    Cool looking Ram Man suit. We are still undecided, nothing like waiting until the last minute for us.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    My costume should be pretty neat. I just need to cook some blue meth up when I get back in town on Friday
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

i don't know how much celebrating i'm going to do. at the very least i'm going to my brother's house to give out candy and/or take my nephew trick-or-treating. and if that's all i do i'm cool with that, because in my mind the only thing better than celebrating halloween is teaching others about halloween. i think i have a little bit of makeup at home, so i may end up zombifying myself for the big day. if i dress up, i'll have to put on some old clothes and get them dirtied and bloodied.

one of my local comic shops has a fall sale the weekend following halloween, but anyone who dresses up can get in on the savings early. can't remember what they do when halloween is on a weekend. i know i'll find at least one or two trades worth picking up though.

Great mask! OK, OK, pics on Sunday. Don't mock my puny arms, though.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Here's mine, still WIP
    Cool costume! I think we used the same chains.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, here is the full Ram Man costume. I photoshopped a familiar face in there to make it easier on the eyes.

rm_costume.jpg

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I went as Walter White, aka Heisenberg, from Breaking Bad. Girlfriend went as "Mama". I made some rock candy and hand out 'meth'.

breaking bad2.jpgPhoto Oct 26, 6 41 19 PM.jpgPhoto Oct 27, 6 10 59 PM.jpgPhoto Oct 27, 7 32 46 PM.jpgPhoto Oct 27, 7 33 13 PM.jpg
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen, d-set!
    I'll post some pics on Halloween or the day after.

Great costume GeologyMule!! The rock candy tops it off perfectly!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Finished my daughter's "Puss in Boots" Costume, inspired by a Dreamworks early 2004 concept.

Last edited by seth-man; October 29, 2012 at 05:43pm.

Wow, great costume's guys!! Great job GeologyMule, one of my favorite shows!

Here's one of me as Ralphie with my cousin Tim as Jesus. I gotta find a better pic of my wife, she was the leg lamp.

Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    OMG Geology Mule, your girlfriend is my HERO!! I freaking LOVE Mama's Family & Vicki Lawrence!!!
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

This is me and my family working at my charity haunted house. We are standing in front of the cemetery... This is the first year my entire family worked the haunt. I am so proud of my kids, they did awesome..

photo (7).JPG
    I have two loves in my life... Halloween Click Here and He-man!Click here

You can also check out my new Halloween Online Store HereMOURNING NIGHTMARES HALLOWEEN STORE

If my my family asks.. its my wife and kids.

I'll post pics tomorrow night. I'm going as Honey Boo Boo!!!
    Dillon

Happy Halloween.

right back atcha!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure