Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Stackable Tier Stands Discussion

Widget

MOTUC Stackable Tier Stands Discussion

Hey, he-fans I am a new member to the forums so please bare with me. I attended NYCC on the Sunday the last day of the con, and I notice on the Mattel masters of the universe display booth something new. This was put in about an hour before the con ended. To me it seemed like I sneak peak of some possible new tier styled stands for the Motu figures in the same style as the WWE stands that Matty sells on their web site. I might be wrong but please tell me what your opinions are on the forums. I would like to know what you guys think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alffellfromsky; October 21, 2012 at 06:56pm.

I'd buy them. BUt they would need TWO levels like the WWE Stands. I have a bunch of WWE Stands for my DC figures. I LOVE THEM.

Interesting. TG did mention they were looking into those for later on. Nice catch, no one has mentioned these at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. TG did mention they were looking into those for later on. Nice catch, no one has mentioned these at all.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Heroic Warrior
    I really liked the WWE stands and I think stackable stands for MOTUC are great, especially with the typical space problem collectors have.

So I´m really interested in this.

They need a touch more work, but I'd really be into something like this. I'd be even more interested in a few different "themes"... but overall yeah- even what's in this photo beats the two types of stands we've gotten thus far.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    OH! Brian mentioned these! He said figures were on an Olympic-like medal podium stand. This is the only pic I've seen though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'd buy them as long as they don't use those horrible pegs the other MOTU stands use. Those suck.

Looks like a good base to put the Bronze King Grayskull on and put it in your Castle Grayskull.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

I'd get it. But I wouldn't need to use them. I got a whole room for my Motu stuff. I'd still buy them to have in the collection. But I do wish they are in some type of style. Like the previous stands. Those look land and dull.

Just looked again they are in some type of cracked cement. Eh!
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

No longer a "possibility".....these ARE the new MOTUC Stands

Per TG, who just answered my question regarding these over at the Matty forums, these are in fact the new MOTUC stands:

These ARE the new tiered MOTUC stands (well the work in progress stands, we are still adjusting them so the tiers are more distinct).
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...17/m/926103487

Regards,
    Victor P.

Cool, I hope they end up being produced and that they also develop Snake Mountain style for the evil characters. I'm in the process of looking for acrylic tiers for my Detolf cases but maybe I should hold off for a bit!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I actually thought it was the detachable piece from Castle Grayskull but wasn't able to verify with anyone at the time...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Very interesting! I can't really get a good look at those in that pic--are they actual plastic or something else? it would be cool if they made it so you could add the diorama piece from the first stands to those to make them a little more dynamic.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Nice especially for people like me who display the figures in several rows in their shelf. The figures behind the first line will be much better to see with those.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

...eh... as much as stepped stands for MOTUC would be nice to have.... with all the current Grayskull stands just taking up space and not selling already this.... seems like a waist of $$$ that could have been another figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Cool, I really want some, thought the WWE tiered tands, which Pixel Dan reviewed, are really cool. Hope, these work similar...

Heroic Warrior
    Those are fine if you are passing out medals at the Olympics but not for Masters Of The Universe.

I'm going to pass on this.

(mmm mmm. boy oh boy. That Hatorade tastes good)

Those need a little more work in the sculpt department. That doesn't look too much like stone, but the concept is sound. I could see buying a few if the stone sculpt looked good.

finally some stands I'ld buy! I hope they each have two pegs as well so the figures don't domino when those with loose ankles decide to jump

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Uh, yup, nope, these suck. I think we all were expecting levels, meaning you could pose a battle scene going up steps or really showcase factions in a group formation. Having a elevated version of the mess we already have wont help ease shelf space. I like the look, and I see what they were going for with connecting, but really just doesnt work. The peg system has already also proven to be a disaster for most figures who have weak ankles anyway, its not supportive. Stick to arts and crafts doll stands.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Er... I think people are jumping to too many conclusions. Remember, we get sneak peeks. I'm guessing this isn't ALL there is to the stands. I'm guessing in a pack you get this one, a level higher and then ANOTHER level higher. The point was to replicate the WWE stands, remember? I think we're just seeing the lower tier.

Right now, I have a different system for creating tiers. If they make these like the WWE stands, I'll be ALL over them. I really like the look of them right now, but I would like to have different kinds for different factions. The reason the current stands are kind of poor sellers are that they don't work very well and take up a lot of room. If these are simple, permanent pegs that actually work then I bet a lot of people will be into them.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    Those need a little more work in the sculpt department. That doesn't look too much like stone, but the concept is sound. I could see buying a few if the stone sculpt looked good.
    Agreed...great concept, but it looks like something a kid made out of clay and baked in an oven for a school project.

Nice find... I will heab them as soon as they come out!

Welcome to the .org!!! Enjoy the ride!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger12PR
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    ...great concept, but it looks like something a kid made out of clay and baked in an oven for a school project.
    Ah ha, yeah, that's what it looks like. These seem like they were just cooked up for a display case for a show only. They don't seem to have the sculpting of the FH or any toy designer in them. They aren't terrible, for a one off custom. But it could be an early early early version, based on your observation of the sneakiness of their appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    The peg system has already also proven to be a disaster for most figures who have weak ankles anyway, its not supportive. Stick to arts and crafts doll stands.
    I agree that a clamp on the waist is the best option for stability and also gives a wider range of posing options. With all the articulation put into these, the peg stands just don't help. The uneven surface hurts the stability more than the pegs help. I've removed all my Grayskull stands and just have them on flat glass.

I would love to see the flight stand, only shorter, so it was a posing stand, and crystal clear instead of smoky, as long as the plastic was good quality and didn't crack. I would love that.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; October 24, 2012 at 11:08am.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Agreed...great concept, but it looks like something a kid made out of clay and baked in an oven for a school project.
    I have to agree with this. I would love this type of stand, but the sculpt needs work!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!