Thread: The Describe a Movie Game

Hybrid View

The Describe a Movie Game

Here is a really simple game I just thought up

Think of any movie that you have seen and then describe it's basic plot from start to end. The only rule is that you must get most of it wrong and yet still close enough for people to recognize it.

You can post the title of the movie if you wish or allow people to try and guess what it is, but either way you don't have to wait your turn, just post one as soon as you have thought of it.

For example here is my description of

The Last Unicorn

" It is about this talking horse that has a horn on its head, she is very lonely because all her friends decided to go swimming and didn't invite her. So she runs away to join a circus where she meet a nice young man with a strange desire to wear a pointy hat and a blue dress. But she is still upset that her friends just dumped her so to spite them she turns into a human and moves into a castle with a young prince and his charming old man where they spend each night drinking wine with a really skinny bloke who for some reason likes to sleep on top of an old clock which they mix with copious amounts of red bull. "

oh and

" A vertically challenged person is giving a ring off his "uncle" who then dumps him to go shack up with some tall hot guys. So the little guy decides to return the ring to the store to get a refund. On the way he meets a bunch of people who do nothing but get in his way and a few also try and steal the ring off him, but he is determined to get his refund and so he manages to keep hold of it despite the odds. Eventually he makes it to where the ring came from but before he can ask for his money back some annoying little gimp that has been following him wrestles the ring off him and then proceeds to jump into a lake of lava so he can reenact a scene from Terminator 2. But even with the ring gone and the little guy unable to get a refund all is not lost as some old guy he met appears with a couple of birds and they all go home and live happily ever after"

so get describing those movies
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

" An orphin lives with his aunt and his uncle in a really nice home where he has his own room and stuff but yet he feels like he's neglected so he decides to run away with this questionable Old guy who may or may not like little boys. They go on a motorcycle adventure and meet up with some other whiny brats who like to play with sticks. They all go to school together and pretty much do nothing but play with each other and complain all day. So they get really bored and decide to do something about it. The first kid turns out to actually be a jock so he starts to get a big head. But he decides to lower himself and go on a treasure hunt with his friends anyway. All the end up finding is a sleeping dog, poison ivy, and old chess set, and a rock. Some dude with a skin condition tries to steal it but the kids are like no way dude. And they keep their treasure and live to fight another day.

A guy with the jitters goes on an all expenses paid trip to Germany where he isn't warmly received. After his boat lands, he and a bunch of other folks have to break past some angry locals so that they can get into the country. The guy and his compatriots spend the rest of their trip in Germant looking for some kid whose parents want him back home due to the deaths of his siblings. Along the way, they exchange dirty stories, talk with the locals about Mickey Mouse, sleep in some real dives, and blow things up with their socks!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    A girl is sent to a insane asylum to undergo electrical shock therapy and then with the help of another girl, escapes. The girls lose each other and the girl that was to undergo therapy finds herself in a world. For some reason, she becomes friends to a chicken, a robot, a scarecrow-like creature, and a moose head. The four friends go on a journey to meet a king, to help them somehow with various reasons (like the scarecrow-like creature worries about spoiling). There's this witch who has a odd obsession with vanity as she has a million heads. The girl goes over a test and finds a straw-stuffed man. The king becomes big as godzilla and tries to kill the friends. But the girl kills the giant and the world is right again as a princess who has poppies in her hair for some reason becomes the rightful ruler.

ok lets see if I can guess what these movies are

He-Dad = Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (Sorcerer's) Stone

Barbecue17 = Saving Private Ryan

Burtonnut = Return to Oz
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

You nailed mine!! What to do next, what to do next?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    ok lets see if I can guess what these movies are

He-Dad = Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (Sorcerer's) Stone

Barbecue17 = Saving Private Ryan

Burtonnut = Return to Oz
    You're right.