View Poll Results: Do you want to see Filmaion Kowl/Lokee released in "chase" flash sales like SoH?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 26.14%
  • No

65 73.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to see Filmation Kowl/Lokee released in "chase" flash sales?

Do you want to see Filmation Kowl/Lokee released in "chase" flash sales?

Do you want to see Filmation Kowl/Lokee released in "chase" flash sales, like Spirit of Hordak was?

No, not in the least. No more Flash sales, there should be announced times or sold at random DOS where everyone can have a chance because they'll be looking at Matty anyway.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

No no no no no no, I want the ability to get before scalpor does.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I think this set the poll up completely in your favor. It should've been something like would you be upset if?
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor EvilSeed LizardMan Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreeElle Montork Miro Blast Attack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I think this set the poll up completely in your favor. It should've been something like would you be upset if?
    While no poll is perfect, I disagree with that assessment.

There is no bias there, it is a simple question - do you want these characters released this way? It's a simple yes or no question. By bringing emotion into it, like the word "upset" - that would be a different question and slant things. For example, if someone did not want the release this way, but it said "Would you be upset", we would have folks posting, "I don't want it released that way, but it wouldn't make me upset, I'd be disappointed..." because that specifies a certain emotion.

I think this is the most neutral way the question can be asked - again, no poll is perfect, but asking the question in this neutral way and a simple answer, I think you will find the most pure opinion as would be possible in this type of venue. I also refrained from putting any type of personal commentary in the poll question or the poll itself. I did clarify the word "chase" - as the flash sale style, because, in other polls, and traditionally, a "chase" figure is a rarity variant normally that is random packed amongst non-variants (like if we all got shipped the box and didn't know what was inside the mailer, or like King Grayskull's initial release with the Bronze chase variant) - where in this context, we are talking specifically about the flash-sale style that SoH was sold at.

I don't care how they are released just so long as we get them.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

NO NO NO!!!! No more chase figures! It is a horrible idea for an online toyline.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I think they should be packed in with POP characters, NOT released individually and definitely NOT chase figures!!!!

I have no desire to get either of these, so however they release them (or don't) matters not to me.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Oh dear god no!
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

If it's in the interest of Mattel to make money and sell product then the lesson of that flash sale will tell them that is not the best way to make money!

The thrill of the hunt on an online store is ridiculous cause it's not like you are hunting anywhere else except for the site (so that argument is done)

NO.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    If it's in the interest of Mattel to make money and sell product then the lesson of that flash sale will tell them that is not the best way to make money!
    We don't know exactly how limited the Spirit of Hordak was as far as production goes. What we do know, is that he sold out completely, which means Mattel made exactly the amount of profit they wanted to. It also created a lot of traffic for Mattycollector, so I think Mattel is pretty pleased with how it turned out.

- - - Updated - - -

The thrill of the hunt on an online store is ridiculous cause it's not like you are hunting anywhere else except for the site (so that argument is done)
    Unlike hunting actual live prey, when it comes to toys, the thrill is very rarely in the hunt. The thrill is in the kill, or finding the toy. I was pretty thrilled when I "caught" Spirit of Hordak.

As for the topic of this thread, I haven't voted. I would love to see Loo-Kee released like Spirit of Hordak was, but if FILMation Kowl is included, I don't know if I feel the same. I'll have to think about it.
    Last edited by dedset13; January 26, 2014 at 11:27am.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

No. I'd rather see a regular release of some type.

I think it would be better to have them as the exclusive to buying a PoP mini-sub.

The "chase figure" should be something that is not essential, like Crystal Man-At-Arms, Slime Monster He-Man, or Invisible Glimmer. Most people consider LooKee essential, because he had a vintage figure. So I can see why they would be worried about having to hunt him down.

However, Spirit of Hordak was offered so many times and even in announced sales, so I doubt people would have difficulty obtaining the next chase figure, whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    We don't know exactly how limited the Spirit of Hordak was as far as production goes. What we do know, is that he sold out completely, which means Mattel made exactly the amount of profit they wanted to. It also created a lot of traffic for Mattycollector, so I think Mattel is pretty pleased with how it turned out.

- - - Updated - - -

Unlike hunting actual live prey, when it comes to toys, the thrill is very rarely in the hunt. The thrill is in the kill, or finding the toy. I was pretty thrilled when I "caught" Spirit of Hordak.

As for the topic of this thread, I haven't voted. I would love to see Loo-Kee released like Spirit of Hordak was, but if FILMation Kowl is included, I don't know if I feel the same. I'll have to think about it.
    Well bringing traffic to the site is OK. But for someone like me who is vested in this already, you're not doing anything for me except trolling it, I am buying MOTU and have no need to be there cause my money should be enough I will buy it. There are other things I do other than watch a site all day. And any figure Mattel makes does well, as for production numbers well that's gauged (just look at some very key figures and their no DOS); so I can't say anything else about that except that as good as this tactic did, it generated a slightly bigger backlash (ask anyone who wanted it and has to pay ridiculous amounts on the 2ndary market). And what good is traffic to a site that is slowly killing all it lines one at a time and it's not because of traffic but qc issues, online ordering issues, shipping issue, etc. So I wouldn't want to bring any more attention to something like that.

As for hunting.... you're not finding anything, it's already here on the site! You just have to wait til he pops up or they put him on the selling block not much hunting required compared to going into different stores and checking through the pegs holders and finding him in between figures or under a pile (a la toy hunt). Sitting idle on a website for him to pop up; think of it like Freeze Tag if you ever played that, it's just babysitting... you know where it's at and there's no CHASE (no pun intended) required.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

As for hunting.... you're not finding anything, it's already here on the site! You just have to wait til he pops up or they put him on the selling block not much hunting required compared to going into different stores and checking through the pegs holders and finding him in between figures or under a pile (a la toy hunt). Sitting idle on a website for him to pop up; think of it like Freeze Tag if you ever played that, it's just babysitting... you know where it's at and there's no CHASE (no pun intended) required.
    Of course you're finding something. If you're lucky, you find Spirit of Hordak and are able to purchase him. If you don't find it then you can't purchase it. Finding it on the site or not is essentially the "chase".

It's basically the same as finding or not finding it in a retail store. Except instead of having to waste time and gas driving from store to store, you probably waste much less time by checking Mattycollector. And again, when it comes to toy hunting, running around wasting time is never the fun part. It's finally finding or obtaining the item that is fun and rewarding. Just as if I had found a chase figure on the pegs at retail, I had that fun and rewarding feeling when I purchased Spirit of Hordak from Mattycollector. I totally understand that lots of fans dislike this practice, but there are also lots of fans who enjoy it. That's always been the case with "chase" figures.

In the end, Spirit of Hordak was readily available and easily obtainable for anybody who really wanted it. If Loo-Kee were released in this way, he'd eventually be just as easily obtainable.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

No. I think Loo-Kee should be secretly packed in with someone and that Kowl should come with Razz and Broom.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    Yes make them chase figures. Or, traveling exclusives. I don't care much for either character.
    Last edited by Zodak's new shoes; January 26, 2014 at 07:33pm.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

I won't be upset if they end up being chase figures.

It won't matter to me if scalpers on eBay sell the first batch of them for $100+ because eventually, they'll end up readily available on Matty. If Spirit of Hordak is any indication, the last two flash sales will last more than a few minutes and they'll just sit there for a day or two on regular DOS in Nov/Dec.

So far, all the traveling exclusive and chase figures have followed this pattern of being ultra-rare-highly-sought-after in the beginning and practically pegwarming at the end, so I'm not worried. I just want to add Filmation Kowl and Loo-Kee to my collection!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Heroic Warrior
    No way. I subbed so I can collect these figures and not have to waste hours of my time online.
    Pack them with POP characters to make them more appealing to MOTU fans, the same way they're packing NA figures with special accessories.

If this was the only way to have them released, sure why not? But no. I want Lookee to be hidden in Glimmer's package (or someone's) and I dont really need a filmation Kowl.

I want Slime Pit He-Man (in transluscent green) to be the chase figure like Spirit of Hordak. Both transluscent, both easy re-uses of molds. Both skippable but fun to have if you can find them/want them.

No. Not via a 'random flash' sale method. That goes for any figure(s).
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    While no poll is perfect, I disagree with that assessment.

There is no bias there, it is a simple question - do you want these characters released this way? It's a simple yes or no question. By bringing emotion into it, like the word "upset" - that would be a different question and slant things. For example, if someone did not want the release this way, but it said "Would you be upset", we would have folks posting, "I don't want it released that way, but it wouldn't make me upset, I'd be disappointed..." because that specifies a certain emotion.

I think this is the most neutral way the question can be asked - again, no poll is perfect, but asking the question in this neutral way and a simple answer, I think you will find the most pure opinion as would be possible in this type of venue. I also refrained from putting any type of personal commentary in the poll question or the poll itself. I did clarify the word "chase" - as the flash sale style, because, in other polls, and traditionally, a "chase" figure is a rarity variant normally that is random packed amongst non-variants (like if we all got shipped the box and didn't know what was inside the mailer, or like King Grayskull's initial release with the Bronze chase variant) - where in this context, we are talking specifically about the flash-sale style that SoH was sold at.
    You disagree with anyone who doesn't think like you do and yes I agree you worded this in your favor.
    What you should have said was if given the choice would you rather Filmation kowl & Loo-Kee come as

1) chase figures

2) Be sold outside the sub

3) come packed in secret with a figure in 2014

Give people choices not a yes or no because you personally don't want them as chase figures.

Personally I take them anyway I can get them
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Of course you're finding something. If you're lucky, you find Spirit of Hordak and are able to purchase him. If you don't find it then you can't purchase it. Finding it on the site or not is essentially the "chase".

It's basically the same as finding or not finding it in a retail store. Except instead of having to waste time and gas driving from store to store, you probably waste much less time by checking Mattycollector. And again, when it comes to toy hunting, running around wasting time is never the fun part. It's finally finding or obtaining the item that is fun and rewarding.
    Here's the thing, though - how many people actually just stumbled upon them at Matty? That's not what really happened, from what I saw. Each time, one person who happened to find them posted here or at MattyCollector saying "IT'S UP" and people saw that and ran over.

I'm sure it happened, but overall, I'd be willing to bet more people found out about it due to a message board post than from just randomly loading up the site.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    You disagree with anyone who doesn't think like you do and yes I agree you worded this in your favor.
    What you should have said was if given the choice would you rather Filmation kowl & Loo-Kee come as
    /sigh

Of course I'm going to disagree when you outright tell me that what I posted was "wrong" because obviously I would not have posted it had I thought so.

It could also be said that you do not like the outcome of the poll, so you are saying it's slanted in it's wording, if we are going to go there.

It could not be more clear - and the poll you are suggesting is not the question I asked. It's so simple, it's not even funny - do you want these sold in "flash sales" or not. It's not a poll asking in general how people want them released among a bunch of options to complicate the matter, it's asking - do you want them via this particular method, or not.

If anything, the only "mistake" I made was not putting a "I'm not buying them, I don't care" option - as some have voted for "yes" because they don't actually intend on chasing after them/buying them and/or don't want them in the sub so they voted for "yes" because they don't want them. Still, so far, I think the results are pretty clear - in spite of that, at this point, it's pretty clear that this is not the desired method for sale.

That said, instead of telling me what I "should have said" in a thread I created, you are perfectly free to create your own poll asking your own question with your own options. This one was for finding out if flash sales are a desired method of obtaining them. If you would like to ask a different question, nothing is stopping you - which would be the prudent thing to do, instead of trying to overcomplicate this one and tell me how I should write posts that I create.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    Here's the thing, though - how many people actually just stumbled upon them at Matty? That's not what really happened, from what I saw. Each time, one person who happened to find them posted here or at MattyCollector saying "IT'S UP" and people saw that and ran over.

I'm sure it happened, but overall, I'd be willing to bet more people found out about it due to a message board post than from just randomly loading up the site.
    How does that matter in the slightest? Whether you found it by checking Mattycollector yourself or you found it due to a post online, actually getting it before it went "back in hiding" is what matters.

The new Star Wars Black Boba Fett isn't exactly a "chase" figure. However, I spent about a month driving to multiple TRU's, Wal-Mart's and Targets to find him, with no luck. I eventually picked him up at a Barnes & Noble on my first visit there due to advice that an org member posted in a thread here. Just because I got a "hint" where to find him, it didn't make finding the figure any less awesome or enjoyable.