34 32.08%
  • Low Anticipation

19 17.92%
  • Indifferent

18 16.98%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Anticipation Level For The Unnamed One

Your Anticipation Level For The Unnamed One

Since he was announced as the sub-exclusive figure last year, my interest has piqued in The Unnamed One and continues to do so in that i'm really looking forward to his release in March. I'm more than curious to see what he'll look like and normally I'm not fussed with spoilers but with this fella, I'll do my best to avoid finding out before then.

How are you feeling right now about The Unnamed One?
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I'm always open to a new figure. I think (and I do apologize to those who like him), my least favorite of this entire line will forever be Cy-Chop and I do not believe any other figure will take that away from him.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Oh I'm very excited. That has nothing to do with if it will be a great figure or not. Actually it could just lead everyone to be setting themselves to be more disappointing than they would be otherwise. But I for one no matter the figure (probably ) will be very happy to get this character with a bio on that shelf.

They're pretty low. As a subscription based line with an Exclusive figure if you sign. And the company doesn't want you to know who it is. Probably not going to be a lights out figure. I can can see the MOTU fan base half & half on this figure. But we'll see.

I agree Cy-Chop was horrible, Sir Laser-Lot has to be a close second though. Fairly low anticipation for The Unnamed One, time will tell how good he is.

Moderately i would say.... He's a new character per se, and I don't know what to expect. But the mystery is intriguing to say the least....I hate waiting to see something I want to see.

The wait to see a full color MP Wheeljack and the real back of the figure is killing me, let alone really wondering what Bumblebee and Magnus are going to look like....so, even though he's new, and unknown....not knowing what this dude looks like, and having to buy him....has me hoping for a leak, to be honest.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Since it was announced it comes to my mind very often.... it's an obsession...
    I have to made a photoshop mock-up to calm the storm in my mind...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    I honestly couldn't care less - by keeping the sub exclusive a secret, Scott took a potential sub lure and turned it into a "surprise"... which makes me think it's lame. So lame that he knew it might do the sub more harm than good, so he turned a potential snoozer into a marketing project, letting the "secret" sell him to the subbers, and hoping by the time it came out that the hype would create a positive reception.

I expect a hyper-detailed, 200x-worthy Horde Prime-esque creature. I don't really expect an existing character. I do think Scott sometimes doesn't get the audience he's catering to. Horde Prime wasn't exactly the best reveal of 2012, and at the point of the revamped roadmap, characters like Unnamed One here were supposed to be dropped in favor of A-list, vintage and high-deman charcters.

If it turns out he *is* a character we already know... good. Even better if he's someone I've personally been hoping for. But if he's just a new design uber-snake concept, I'm going to be less than blown away, and maybe a little miffed that this guy got a spot over something like RedBeast or Lizardman.
    My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - LIZARD MAN, Kittrina, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena, Masque
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead, Lizzor, Hoove
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST, 4H alien 'Zodaq', Tony Guerrero Prototype

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I wouldn't say excited. I would say I am VERY NERVOUS and hope he isn't a flop. Hoping he is a really cool character.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

My anticipation for the figure is that it will be a Snake Mountain Man type character, and the different heads being the different faces of the vintage playset (the sake, the wolf speaker thing, and the monster face carved into the mountain). If it ends up not being this then I will be a bit disappointed.
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Mermista, Peekablue
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation:Lizard Man, Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

pretty pumped to get him.. I always get excited to the sub exclusive..and because i have no idea what he looks like..im double excited!!!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

With all the missteps so far already into this new year, I am mildly anticipating this figure.

As much as I dump on MattyCollector, Mattel and Scott Neitlich, it would be nice if the figure was a success. I love MOTU and do not like to see the community divided and sub par figures.
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Whiplash, Stinkor, Trap-Jaw, Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

Yeah, if it was something worth being excited for, they would have used him to sell subscriptions. I think this will be another Spector or Laser-lot - Bottom five figure.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

I'm excited-this is fun! It should be!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm indifferent. How can I get excited over a character who is new (even though he's a villain) and who I never seen before?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I'm indifferent. How can I get excited over a character who is new (even though he's a villain) and who I never seen before?
    We get excited every time you post, and you are a villain, and we've never seen you before...
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I wouldn't say excited. I would say I am VERY NERVOUS and hope he isn't a flop. Hoping he is a really cool character.
    Same here. I went with 'moderate' anticipation- I guess we'll see...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    We get excited every time you post
    Oh my! You know this is a family-oriented site, mikey, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    and you are a villain, and we've never seen you before...
    Yes, I am a villain and you see me all over the place! I'm hiding in plain sight!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Very excited - I'm avoiding all spoilers. I want to be surprised when I see UNO for the first time.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I am really excited to see how this figure turns out. Being newer to the line, I haven't had a chance to become as jaded as a lot of others seem to be, lol.

Actually, more than it being about the figure itself, I've been more interested in how creative everyone's ideas have been as to what he is going to be when he shows up. A lot of fun ideas. ..even if it does usually devolve into arguing. .. seriously folks
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    I am very curious, but fear another Horde Prime letdown.
    Mattel needs to make an MOTU equivalent to Skylanders. It would create a new generation of MOTU fans.

kinda low. I know for sure that the design will suck...
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Low anticipation at best. The fact it has a "Son of He-Man" sticker on it and considering how awful half the new characters in the 30th anniversary sub were, I'm not expecting much.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Moderate. More curious for mythology's sake.