View Poll Results: What playset would like after Grayskull and Snake Mountain?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Fright Zone

80 41.24%
  • The Crystal Castle

36 18.56%
  • Eternos Palace

19 9.79%
  • The Towers of Eternia

30 15.46%
  • Castle Bright Moon

4 2.06%
  • Other (please specify)

16 8.25%
  • None

9 4.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future Playset

Future Playset

So, assuming Snake Mountain to be the next playset after Grayskull, what playset would fans like to see after it?

Either the slime pit or a proper Horde Fright Zone.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Eternos Palace is the most important playset that hasn't been released in any form yet. It was the most common location by far in the Filmation series, the home of all the main heroic characters and the starting point of most plots, and contains such iconic settings as the Royal Throne Hall, Man-at-Arm's laboratory, and Orko's bedroom.

Also, if Mattel Design were smart enough, they could make it happen with a relatively constrained budget, since in its most iconic Filmation incarnation, the symmetrical circular geometry readily lends itself to modularization (unlike highly asymmetrical Castle Grayskull). That is, they would only need to mold a quadrant (or even just an octant) of the structure and sell it as a build-a-palace kit for, say, $100. Those with limited display space could do with just one quadrant of the palace (e.g., to place in a corner), and those with more space and/or budget could buy multiples of it to interconnect into a half or a full palace. Then, the interior props (such as the royal thrones and Orko's bed) should be sold as separate diorama add-ons (just like Grayskull's weapons rack), so as to market them both to people with enough space to buy the playset and place them inside it, and to people with more limited displays with room only for dioramas of specific locations (such the throne hall).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I want the Slime Pit. It wouldn't be expensive, allows for some nice sculpting, and isn't too large. Include a translucent green slime pit He-Man and you have a real winner on your hands.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I want the Slime Pit. It wouldn't be expensive, allows for some nice sculpting, and isn't too large. Include a translucent green slime pit He-Man and you have a real winner on your hands.
    I agree, the Slime Pit was by far more popular than the Fright Zone with kids an fans. So I would much rather that be made THEN after that make the Fright Zone or any other they wanted to make

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The Fright Zone...Hordak needs a place to put his stuff.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    MOTUC Eternia Playset for me ! The holy Grail of them all !

Widget
    I would have to go with the Fright Zone (Especially since I had it once upon a time) but Eternos Palace would be nice as well. I'd also love to see the slime pit an all time favorite of mine.

Snappy Threader
    Fright Zone, but a better one than we had in vintage days....

Point Dread and Talon Fighter to follow Snake Mountain.

Then Fright Zone, and then the Slime Pit.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Fright Zone. But a proper dread-inducing techno nightmare as presented in the Filmation cartoon, and not the hidey-hole in the swamp we actually got.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

The Slime Pit
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Go with Snake Mountain

I should have voted Other so I could vote Slime Pit.

But realistically, I'd think based on Grayskull specs alone, they could do a combo of both, since the were both Horde Presence on Eternia.

BUt Fright Zone.

Though you really could build the Slime PIt into it. I dont know.

I want Moon Nordor.

In a perfect world (or a movie year!) Mattel would cover all bases, but in reality, i'd have to side with Hordak and say Fright Zone for me too.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    The Crystal Castle.

Followed closely by the Fright Zone.

Then the Towers of Eternia.

I should have put a Slime Pit option it seems!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    I should have put a Slime Pit option it seems!
    yep, Slime pit for me too
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

The Fright Zone based on the Filmation show with a build in Slime Pit.
    After that Eternos Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Also, if Mattel Design were smart enough, they could make it happen with a relatively constrained budget, since in its most iconic Filmation incarnation, the symmetrical circular geometry readily lends itself to modularization (unlike highly asymmetrical Castle Grayskull). That is, they would only need to mold a quadrant (or even just an octant) of the structure and sell it as a build-a-palace kit for, say, $100. Those with limited display space could do with just one quadrant of the palace (e.g., to place in a corner), and those with more space and/or budget could buy multiples of it to interconnect into a half or a full palace. Then, the interior props (such as the royal thrones and Orko's bed) should be sold as separate diorama add-ons (just like Grayskull's weapons rack), so as to market them both to people with enough space to buy the playset and place them inside it, and to people with more limited displays with room only for dioramas of specific locations (such the throne hall).
    I like this idea. A lot of people (myself) included don't have a lot of space. This would help!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I agree, the Slime Pit was by far more popular than the Fright Zone with kids an fans. So I would much rather that be made THEN after that make the Fright Zone or any other they wanted to make
    Fright Zone WITH Slime Pit sculpted in!

EDIT: Sorry, The Horrorist, didn't see your post. I would prefer Mattel's Fright Zone though.

A filmation inspired fright zone! The vintage playset was ridiculous just a rock with a tree on top lol

The Towers!!! That'd be so cool!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Honestly, I'd prefer some of the mini playsets first. Point Dread, then the Slime Pit, maybe the vintage Fright Zone (I'd love to have the Filmation version as well, but that's not very realistic; in order to have it fit just one action figure inside, the base would be over three feet in diameter!).

For the next large one, I think I'd want to see the Crystal Castle: Filmation design with some of the interior details from the original playset. The Eternia Towers might seem unlikely because of the size, but if released individually, I think they could be affordable.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com