Thread: Cardboard Castle Grayskull: Can anyone help identify the origin of this?

Widget

Cardboard Castle Grayskull: Can anyone help identify the origin of this?

Hello all -- I recently acquired a cardboard castle grayskull after purchasing a collection (my first purchase). Anyway, I know absolutely nothing about it's origin. When/where was it produced?

Any help would be appreciated!

Lycan
    I dont know what it is, but thats awesome. If production doesnt go ahead for the MOTUC castle they should do something like that for us
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    Is this something purchased in the USA or another country?
    I'm thinking it was produced in another country, but I'm not sure. I haven't tried looking for "made in X" markings, but I'll try and check tonight. I guess I assumed this was a common item that MOTU fans knew about.

This thing looks sooo familiar to me, but I can't quite place where I've seen it before...or if I actually have. heh I'll try to hunt around.

It was from the MOTU shrinky dink playset...http://www.he-man.org/merchandising/item.php?id=277
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Reminds of the Transformers Activity Center from the 80's. The thing is massive!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Wow, that's so cool! I had a MOTU Shrinky Dink set and didn't remember that at all.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I remembered seeing it at Sky City in the 80's. Instead of it, I got Evil Lyn.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

yep shrinky dinks, I had that set myself! LOVED it, was a little frustrated that it had more levels than the toy
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

That's a VERY cool piece! I don't think I've ever seen that one before! Could you take a pic of a figure next to it so we an get a better idea of the scale?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Wow, that's so cool! I had a MOTU Shrinky Dink set and didn't remember that at all.
    there was another shrinky dinks set, it came in a black box but didn't have Grayskull, they only had the sheets.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    That's so Eighties.... just a piece of cardboard and you're so freakin' happy.
    Try to give somethin' like this to today children...
    I know... I know... I'm talkin' like a grumpy old man...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    It was from the MOTU shrinky dink playset...http://www.he-man.org/merchandising/item.php?id=277
    Rhea -- Thank you for identifying this! It is in fact from a Shrinky Dinks playset. I was able to find the picture below at this site. I'm unsure how popular this is, or how valuable this is to a collector. Any ideas?

Attached Images Attached Images

very cool.. i like the window.. its big n wide enough for a figure to be seen, unlike the new grayskull sculpt

can you place a few figures from the 80's or any motuc figure next or in it? like to see how big the castle is, thanks
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by PORTAL45 View Post
    Rhea -- Thank you for identifying this! It is in fact from a Shrinky Dinks playset. I was able to find the picture below at this site. I'm unsure how popular this is, or how valuable this is to a collector. Any ideas?

http://melbirnkrant.com/colorforms/i...masters_01.jpg
    Wow, I love the look of that. It's awesome. Great colours, and images from the early part of the franchise. Love it.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    That set is very cool! Why do they call it Shrinky Dinks? Did they shrink or something?

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    That set is very cool! Why do they call it Shrinky Dinks? Did they shrink or something?
    They were flat plastic sheets with several characters on it. You colored them in, cut them out and baked them in an oven. They would then shrink and become more dense, a little stronger.

What's cool is that it's a whole collection and playset in one box! Full cast of characters and a huge (relatively speaking) castle for them!
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

not to bring up a dead, and awesome, thread but how big is this thing? even with the new castle, i'd love to have this.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Ruler of Nothing KidRandor's Avatar
    Very cool man, thanks for sharing. I didn't realize that the Shrinky Dinks set had a playset.

Snappy Threader
    I have something similar to that though it is much smaller. I will try to get some pics up.

Court Magician
    come SDCC.....that'll be our $250+ castle grayskull!