In the beginning…
• Eternia rests at the heart of the universe. It is ruled by the mighty and benevolent Council of Ancients, led by the beneficent Keclar. The Council reside in the beautiful Hall of Wisdom, where the Council gather tales and secrets of the universe. The Council divine that there are 5 great dimensions in the universe. Among them are their own, the dark dimension of Despondos, and the bizarre reality of Trollah. The Council make contact with their counterparts, the Overlords of Trollah.
• A gem-like comet crashes onto Eternia. A vision of a beautiful green woman in snake armour appears – this is the Goddess, Sharella. The Goddess informs the Council of the comet’s arrival. Investigating, the Council realise that the energies of reality itself are contained within, and they postulate it may even be the “Star Seed” from which all the universe was born. The Council forge two mighty blades – the Swords of Power and Protection – aware that they will be needed in dark times ahead.
• However, one of the Council breaks ranks, and sneaks off to investigate the cosmic comet himself. He forges a third blade, the Sword of Evil! He is discovered by Keclar and the rest of the Council, and they chop the Sword of Evil in half. They strip the renegade Councilman of his identity and corporeal form, leaving him as simply the “Unnamed One” and banishing him to shadow dimensions. There, he takes up residence on the planet Infinita.
• The Ancients opted to destroy their Hall of Wisdom and instead moved their base to the already old and fearful-looking Castle Grayskull, to better hide the mystery and power held within the fortress that was a mystery even to them. Their final act was to transform themselves into a single orb of power and knowledge, hiding it within the Castle. Only one Ancient remained human. Almost immortal, he renamed himself Eldor, to reflect his great age. Eldor banished himself from Grayskull to better understand the ordinary lives of other Eternians.
• The Sword of Power is hidden within Castle Grayskull, while the Sword of Protection is given to the Overlords of Trollah for safekeeping.
• Together, the Council and the Overlords witnessed the First Great Prophecy – that the Unnamed One would rise to unimaginable power, and that he would only be defeated by mighty twins.