Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Horsemen speak up on Castle Grayskull

Heroic Warrior

Four Horsemen speak up on Castle Grayskull

Just reading the enduring message from the Horsemen that Val posted this morning on the home page.

The Four Horsemen have sent the following message to fans, encouraging you to preorder the MOTUC Castle Grayskull:

One of the main things we've dreamed of doing since we very first pitched the idea of Masters of the Universe Classics to Mattel is to get the chance to re-create one of the most iconic playsets of all time, CASTLE GRAYSKULL! Well, the time has come, and we've got the chance to not only re-create Castle Grayskull so that it fits in with the level of detail and styling of Masters of the Universe Classics, but this thing's gonna be HUUUUGE! Plus, we're going to include all of the features and fun details of the original, and try squeeze in as much cool new stuff as we possibly can as well.

Here's where you all come in. Unfortunately, this incredible playset isn't going to be cheap to purchase and we understand that. But the price Mattel's going to be selling it for is the only way we're going to be able to make it and get it into the hands of Masters of the Universe fans. Mattel has to have a certain amount of pre-orders before they can even have us start building the thing. If they don't meet the minimum number of pre-orders required to set this process in motion by the deadline, then Castle Grayskull for the MotU Classics line will never happen. It's as simple as that.

So, obviously what we're asking from you is, if you can afford it, get over to MattyCollector.com right now and pre-order this monstrosity of a playset before it's too late. All of the details can be found at this link.

You can also watch Mattel's own Scott (Toy Guru) Nietlich show off a foam-core mock up of the castle in a video he made recently by clicking here. Even though the mock up is very two dimensional, it'll give you a pretty good idea of just how massive this thing will be when it's finished!

We're pretty darned excited about the possibility of making this beast of a toy and we'll promise you right now that if we get to create Castle Grayskull for you, we're going to put every ounce of heart, soul and creativity into it that we can to try to make it worth every hard earned penny that you're going to be spending on it. We've already been going over the blueprints and planning our direction of attack so when (not if) Mattel gives us the green light we can dive right in. Now all we need is you. This time you truly DO have the power! Thanks in advance.

-FOUR HORSEMEN-

I truly hope that you fans that are on the fence really come through for He-Man and Company

Worth repeating:

We're pretty darned excited about the possibility of making this beast of a toy and we'll promise you right now that if we get to create Castle Grayskull for you, we're going to put every ounce of heart, soul and creativity into it that we can to try to make it worth every hard earned penny that you're going to be spending on it.

I can't wait to see the 4H sculpted prototype!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I really admire the devotion of the Horseman to MOTU... Thanks guys!

BTW.. I already pre ordered mine!!!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger12PR
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Heroic Warrior
    You know this thing is going to be amazing, for the first time were gonna have a sculpted interior and floor, imagine the holding cell with the old classic hands and creatures coming out of the floor great in 3d,
    Think about a detailed throne with the trap door rug, weapons on the wall, the turret gun, secret doorways , this thing will be awesome, and imagine the size of it especially if your a vintage fan.

What are people waiting for....?
    This is our only chance... Pre-order,Pre-orderPre-orderPre-orderPre-orderPre-orderPre-order

I don't think I've ever been this excited at the possibility of a play set ever. I have the masterpiece millennium falcon and the lego deathstar, the C3 and lego batcaves, the batman forever batcave. All these to me, are must have sets, but this version of Castle Grayskull is gonna set a standard that can't be beat. Man I can't wait for this. But the best thing that ever happened to this line, is the four horsemen. I believe it's pretty unanimous that in their capable hands, there is no worry. It'll be grand and beautiful.
    Last edited by rankinman; October 27, 2012 at 07:31pm.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

As if I needed MORE reasons to want this play set, now the Horsemen are talking about how uber wonderful they plan to make it! Already ordered mine back when the pre-order first went up, but now I'm even more excited then I already was. Thanks guys!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    As if I needed MORE reasons to want this play set, now the Horsemen are talking about how uber wonderful they plan to make it! Already ordered mine back when the pre-order first went up, but now I'm even more excited then I already was. Thanks guys!
    same here, I ordered 2 of them when it immediately went live. If it looks as good as I HOPE it does.. they can keep the extra $40 they charged me. lol

Snappy Threader
    Oh I have no doubts, the 4H will make the most awesome set ever produced. I'm glad to see they have taken to the cause by forming an article.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The Fab Four being at the helm is the main reason I am taking the plunge here. I trust Matty and DR as much as I trust my local used car salesman (and I feel like I'm insulting the used car salesman here). I have absolutely no idea where I am going to put something this big. It's a big chunk of money I'm spending based on nothing but a drawing an a hope. But I believe that, as long as Mattel doesn't foul it up completely, a Castle Grayskull put together by the Horsemen will be breathtaking. They have shown unparalleled passion for the property since the 2002 line, and I have no doubts it will be a labor of love for them. Even here, you can see the genuine excitement showing through.

I have no reason to trust Mattel or DR whatsoever, which is why I'm buying the castle from Big Bad. But the Fab Four have earned my trust over the years, and it is they who have convinced me to take a chance.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

As much as I'd like to, I can't afford it. If they had some kind of installment plan or something, then perhaps I'd be game.

On top of that, I've had some pretty poor luck with the QC and DR issues, so I'd want to have some kind of ease of use safety net, like BBTS, which only serves to increase the price.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    As much as I'd like to, I can't afford it. If they had some kind of installment plan or something, then perhaps I'd be game.
    Well, you do have an entire year from now to come up with the money.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

On top of that, I've had some pretty poor luck with the QC and DR issues, so I'd want to have some kind of ease of use safety net, like BBTS, which only serves to increase the price.
    There is no installment plan, but you have over a year to save for it, so you could make your own installment plan.

Put aside $20 a month and you'll be there! Remember, there is no charge on your card to preorder.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Warrior
    I`m not questioning the skills of the 4HM. I´m concerned of the quality of the final Mattel product, that keeps me from buying/pre-ordering this item.

I need to secure the funds... maybe sell a kidney!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Ya can't go wrong with a Four Horsemen designed and sculpted Castle Grayskull!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Here, here.

You just know that there will be all kinds of little "nods" to the fans.

PLEASE make this.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    Well, you do have an entire year from now to come up with the money.
    exactly and who knows what can happen in a year...lose a job..have a kid..sickness...you also have a full year for things to make 300 bucks seem like a million...

even if you saved 20 bucks a month...that would only add to about 240 you still need another 60 bucks minimum with shipping and taxes...
    heck i would be more willing to loose a deposit than having to overdraft or something in a year from now...
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

How are quality contol issues nullified by ordering through a 3rd party?
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Let us not forget that Mattel can, and probably will, gauge the popularity of this line based on the amount of pre-sales that are ordered. If people are willing to hand over this kind of money for a castle that they've only seen on paper, then that could speak volumes to the suits at Mattel. We may earn an extension on the life of MotU Classics!! (Not to mention a possible, gasp - Snake Mountain!!!!!!!)
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I want Snake Mountain along with Greyskull but I really want a filmation designed Frightzone not to mention a combo Eternia set with a built in
    filmation Royal Palace all in one.
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Remember, there is no charge on your card to preorder.
    This is the same company that charged people in full for the Young Justice two-pack and didn't refund them until 3 weeks after the pack had been cancelled.

Given that they can barely get the monthly ordering process right, I have zero faith in their pre-order system.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Because BBTS will take care of the problem and makes it right quickly and easily. DR makes you jump through hoops and pay for shipping and maybe just refunds your money.

Yes, I could set the money aside, but other issues are a larger issue. Perhaps I'm just not that into Castle Grayskull that I would've prefered to wait and see how things went before committing to such a large purchase to a company I've come to loathe.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm happy to see that the Four Horsemen popped up and delivered a message just when things got a bit dire again... They did it for the 2013 subs, and now they're doing it again for Castle Grayskull. Good propaganda.

It is true that people will need many more "encouragements" to purchase the item, given the high shipping costs for Castle Grayskull, the unknown factor about Grayskull's inner decoration and the black plastic debacle that followed the subscription sales...

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Got my Preorder in!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    You can actually exchange something that is defective. The only reason I have a Fisto is because when my Sorceress in a Fisto box came, BBTS set a Fisto aside for me and sent me the return label in less than 12 hours from contacting them. Had I gotten it from Matty, I likely would have had to go to e-bay when I was told, like many others, that they were out of Fistos. You also can't discount the value of actually being able to deal with the situation with one, single e-mail as opposed to multiple calls to clueless DR reps.

It doesn't help if the whole run is bad, but it does make a difference with a random production error.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Let us not forget that Mattel can, and probably will, gauge the popularity of this line based on the amount of pre-sales that are ordered. If people are willing to hand over this kind of money for a castle that they've only seen on paper, then that could speak volumes to the suits at Mattel. We may earn an extension on the life of MotU Classics!! (Not to mention a possible, gasp - Snake Mountain!!!!!!!)
    Snake mountain done right filmation style would stand five feet idealy sold in modular conecting pieces.