Thread: MOTU & She-Ra Cartoon Viewing Order?

MOTU & She-Ra Cartoon Viewing Order?

Eternians,

Thanks to Netflix, I'm watching He-Man and the MOTU for the first time in almost 30 years! They also have She- Ra (which I haven't yet). Should I watch ALL of the MOTU cartoon and then She-Ra or do the shows overlap?

I'm just curious to know if there is a special viewing order. Thanks!

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    There's no overlap, but production order and broadcast order within the two series don't always agree, so there are a couple weird cases where characters get their returns before their first appearances. Does Season 1 of He-Man start with "The Cosmic Comet" or "Diamond Ray of Disappearance"? If the first, they're in production order and you may have to check for weirdness like that; if the second, then you should be able to just go straight through.

In any case, there's no overlap in production--you can go straight from the end of He-Man into the start of She-Ra without any issues. The Christmas Special fits in after She-Ra Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    The Christmas Special fits in after She-Ra Season 1.
    We see Flutterina in the Christmas Special, but Flutterina was introduced in the show in season 2, episode 3 "Out Of The Cocoon", so the Christmas Special should be watched at least after that episode if you wanna follow the story in every detail.