Thread: Watching She-Ra for the first time!

Hybrid View

Watching She-Ra for the first time!

Eternians,

Thanks to Netflix, I've been watching MOTU for the past few days. So, I decided to check out She-Ra, too. When it originally aired, I was not interested in a "girl's" cartoon and toyline. I was 14 and He-Man was being overshadowed by GI Joe in my house, so what can I say?

Is it just me or does it seem to be a better cartoon? Is it just because it had 2 years on MOTU? When I started watching MOTU last week on Netflix, it seemed a bit sloppier than I remember. It is definitely fun to watch, but I'm kinda digging She-Ra just a bit more!

Yeah it was like they used thier experience from motu and improved upon it with better writing.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

I think I feel the same. I don't know if it's because I have seen MOTU more & She-Ra is newer to me. I just started watching in like March, but before that my only She-Ra memories were an embarrassing picture my mom took of me kissing the TV while She-Ra was on screen (ahh childhood ), and somekind of rainbow rodent. Now I find myself enjoying it more than MOTU. If it had come first I'm sure it would be the same for MOTU.

At least your enjoying it & thats all that really matters.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

LOL - that's awesome. Any chance you can post that pic?

It's kind of sad because I realized that MOTU is not really THAT good once you take off the nostalgia goggles. I am enjoying watching them, but once I'm through them, I know that there won't be much repeat viewing - something I love to do!
    Last edited by Malev_Emperor; October 29, 2012 at 12:32am.

Widget
    It's a mixed bag. I think they improve on not having some of the quirks that He-man had (extra clunky animation scenes, questionable voice acting for secondary characters - although Queen Angela is pretty silly). But then, take a look at Bow, what the heck is with that design; the voice actor does make it up it quite a bit by doing a great job, but then there are episodes where he signs and ... wow - bad.

I'm surprised as how much of a jerk Kowl is too!

I just made another thread on Skeletor in She-Ra - whenever he is involved the show is fantastic.

There are some fun lore bits that were never resolved (The Red Knight) too.

I think overall it polished some of the stuff that might have stuck out in He-Man, but it still had quite a few of its own things that would make me

He-man is the better show, to me.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Angella with weird wings slapped on her back, and still fitting into that yoga outfit, is odd.

..but there is a way to make her a very interesting and important character.

(working on character structure is not something those filmation people did all the time)