Thread: He-Man fighting Skeletor once again...

He-Man fighting Skeletor once again...

It's been a long time I've been wanting to draw our He-Man carrying something quite heavy but didn't find the way to make it well... So since several months I've been practicing (especially in the subway on my way to work)and 3 days ago I decided to try one more time. Well, this time I was quite glad to see the result. So I did a second part to give the scene a meaning. I made it quickly so there are still some errors, that maybe I'll correct if I decide to give it another try. Hope you guys like it, and please share some comments, I really appreciate critical advice when it allows me to improve my skills.

He-Man Stone.jpgHe-Man Stone 1.jpg

just click on pics to see it full size

I love your details and and the surroundings! Skeletors armor, his spine, the fact that He-man is sunken deeper into the ground because of the additional weight great stuff.

You are struggling bait realism and cartoon style if you ask me especially He-Mans face and his fingers seam more cartoony while the rest is very realistic. But thatīs just me...

I have one anatomic thing for you, the left chest muscle (pectoral) should flow into the shoulder muscle they are more connected you separated them.

But those are minor things, the picture is great!!!! Keep it up you are good!

EDIT: I thought an example can always help so i googled for you an example. I hope i could help.

Last edited by Niki; January 10, 2013 at 12:17pm.

Thanks a lot for this comment Niki! Indeed there are anatomic mistakes as you noticed me... I should start to draw with pictures. I usually try to find out by myself how things work, especially for body stuff. But I guess working after real model (even photos) is a necessary task.
    Meanwhile I'm glad you like it, this is very encouraging for me.

Taking pictures as reference is never wrong.

In school i had numerous drawing classes. Figures, nude models, from magazines from scratch, little objects, trees, perspective training, graphic, we had anatomic lessons but up to this day iīm struggling with hands and feet. Drawing is just practice, practice, practice...

And bodybuilder characters like MOTU is even more difficult. thatīs another extreme but if you never had anatomic lessons, i can tell you, you have a great eye and will get the knowledge very fast. I think you are better than i am and you can only get better

I would like to see your picture colored. I donīt know if you can do that as well if not ask the .org member Wolfsfang. He did some coloring lately that was really amazing. Ask him if you like.

Thanks a lot for this kind answer Niki! As a matter of fact I'm planning to color it, and I'll do it the traditionnal way too. I like to use markers and I practice it too, so I'll try a coloured version.
    Did you see the first drawing I showed here? It was another He-Man for the Redesign Contest (I think I did progress since this day).

I just looked for your entry and i remembered it, when i saw it.

I liked it back than and yes you can color beautifully. Iīm looking forward to your colored version.

And both pictures are showing me you are a better artist than i am but thatīs good, it keeps me on my toes, wanting to get better as well!

Snappy Threader
    You are very talented, that is pure awesome.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    That looks pretty cool!!! Good work man

Thanks for the kinds words guys