Thread: MOTUC Mermista...Princess of the Growling Sea!

MOTUC Mermista...Princess of the Growling Sea!

I still need to make her classic POP toyline belt, and some kind of weapon. But she is pretty much done! I hope you like her.

Sorry for the low picture quality. the camra on my phone is not the best.
    Last edited by Angel-T; January 4, 2013 at 01:58am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    OMG! I ADORE HER! I have been waiting to see someone take on Mermista! She looks freaking Amazing! Thanks soooooo much for sharing the pictures!
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Heroic Warrior
    Mermista has a soft spot in my heart as she was the only pop figure I bought as a kid. I got her because I loved the movie Splash (first time I saw a naked woman) I love your take on this and am happy you sculpted the tail yourself and didn't opt to use a Mermaid Barbie tail. A+

Snappy Threader
    Very cool Angel-T. I can't wait to see the belt and weapon....what do you have in mind?

Ideally I want to give her a very similar classic toy belt with a green holographic sticker on it. For a weapon I would like to give her a Narwhals Tusk, with the Power pearl we see her use at the crystal falls on the end of it. I would also like to make a comb based on her back shell, also from her classic toy. Finally She-Ra's sheild in green. But I won't have any more time this week to play around and create these items, so untill I can make themthe weapons pack has have provided some stand in items.

Mermista invited the girls around for lunch....she decided upon fresh Eternian Sushi....followed by some crab cakes!
    Last edited by Angel-T; October 29, 2012 at 10:47am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Snappy Threader
    The Narwhals tusk idea is very cool. I never thought about that, but it would be thin like a staff, perhaps even magical looking with the pearl....I can't wait to see your imagination.....

Just wondering if you've had any time to work on the weapons and if so how they were coming along?

I really like your custom, but I feel that having the visible articulation makes it look incomplete. The gaps in her crotch makes her look like she was shot full of holes.

If I were you, I'd fill in those gaps, and sacrifice the movement (if there is any at all) for a better aesthetic. She could stand to use some scale details on her lower half. The tail looks fantastic.

I'm still not happy with her belt and am working on an idea for a scale affect on her tail.

A nice ocean lady!
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

The belt turned out really well. Love the sheild too! She's beautiful!

I just want to find some small green glittery gems to put above her heart shape on her belt and, make the outer edges of her belt darker and I think I will be happy.

Amazing custom!
    I really like your Mermista's tail.
    Good job!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    DRAGSTOR in MotUC
    ----------------------------------------------------

Still digging this custom.... I can't wait to see what the 4horsemen do with her!