Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You have $250 000 000 US to spend on a movie or TV series

You have $250 000 000 US to spend on a movie or TV series

What do you make, what's the general plot/idea.

can be an existing property, an original series, a sequel to a movie that never got a sequel, continue a tv series that was cancelled, you have carte blanche!

go nuts.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Pump more money into Game of Thrones for longer seasons. 10 is not enough for their books.

Something new? Judge Dredd tv series based on the new movie on HBO or Showtime.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    More Firefly and re-make a Back to the Future.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Remake Batman and Robin, replace Arnold with Patrick Stewart. And the suit would be modeled more after the animated look with a closed dome. A few well placed puns, not every damn line. Probably keep Uma, more serious role though, probably ditch Bane. Nolan did a way better job, didn't like the look but felt like he was Bane in DKR.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Master of New Adventures!
    Wire transfer the $250 million to 24/7 Productions, Inc. and I'll be pleased to discuss it with you. It's what we do for a living.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'd keep it.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Make a run for it to a private island and employ dozens of bikini butlerettes.

Orrrr.... Help finance a new STAR TREK series that has nothing to do with the crappy Abrahms-verse. Back to the Prime Universe for me!

Orrrr.... Re-ignite the planned big screen remake of Gerry Anderson's UFO. Went into pre-production, design work was done (but never released), then *kaput*
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Interesting challenge. If I were to go with an existing property, I'd love to do a dark animated or live action version of Conan the Barbarian. Failing that I'd love to do a Planet of the Apes series that picks up after the events of the first movie, ditches all sequels and tells the story of Taylor's children rising up to either make war or peace with the Apes (whose culture would be expanded upon and feature more ambitious renderings of apes to compliment the ones seen in the original). It'd also be interesting to make a movie or TV show based on Kirby's Fourth World. I can think of lots of original projects too, but those would require more talk than I want to go into online now.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Snappy Threader
    A Justice League film like the Avengers where we have Batman, Superman, Green Lantern all played by their current actors......plus some other heroes (Robin, Wonder Woman, Flash etc.) That would be totally awesome! So many chances for cameos from prior established actors and actresses who played them before, and for second and third tier heroes and villans as easter eggs. Coolness.

I'd do something rough, politically very incorrect and ultra-violent. Franchises that come to mind are:

- Conan the Barbarian
    - Punisher
    - Judge Dredd
    - Something based on either Mass Effect or Blade Runner
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    Make a run for it to a private island and employ dozens of bikini butlerettes.

Orrrr.... Help finance a new STAR TREK series that has nothing to do with the crappy Abrahms-verse. Back to the Prime Universe for me!
    Yes, please, on the Star Trek. You'd get my money. Also, I first thought you said you would employ dozens of bikini butterflies, which I think would be awesome, so a movie about bikini butterflies.

Actually, I would make a Vampire Princess Miyu movie. Animated or live action, I don't really care, but it would have to be really creepy, and no talking Larva.

Or a movie based on Alice: The Madness Returns.

I would create a ninja turtle movie that is as good as the first one - but only if I can't find anyone qualified to reprise the roles on Crockett and Tubbs
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Something along the lines of The Dark Crystal 2

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I'd keep it.
    I think that's a breach of contract. Do you bad guys always have to break the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I would create a ninja turtle movie that is as good as the first one - but only if I can't find anyone qualified to reprise the roles on Crockett and Tubbs
    Huh? What? You want crockett and tubbs to be Ninja Turtles?

Here's my idea:
    I'd put it toward a Princess Bride sequal. Why? Cause I think there is a way one could be done and I think they are making a mistake by not doing one. Yah, I know, making one could smear the first one.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I'll use it to film about 800 seasons of Wipeout.

Also keep making new episodes of all the cartoons Marvel dumps after one or two seasons, and lastly I'll bring back Double Dare. Marc Summers is done with Unwrapped, so I can probably persuade him to make a comeback to it. Hell lets just do all the classic Nick stuff!
    Last edited by Stinkor's Only Fan; October 29, 2012 at 07:32pm.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    The King of Babylon. It starts off around 666BC when Babylon's king, Luc-ifer-Marduk has to declare war against his brother Ashurbanipal, the king of Assyria. Luc-ifer-Marduk dies, goes to hell, becomes Satan's apprentice and is renamed Lucifer, trains for 1000 years, takes over Hell by killing Satan and invades the surface world around 666AD. He is defeated by a man named Galahan and the Archangels, but it is his Lt Akuma who kills him to become the new King of Hell. The demons are defeated, most are locked back up in Hell while others spread across the world. The story then jumps to present day Prague with Mr Akuma using the Philosopher's Stone to bring Hell back upon the world, while Gallahan and the angels run an organization called The Order of The God. The God are a council who rule Heaven, and their names vary upon the culture that believes in them. I'm going to leave it there, but I've already written, rewritten, and am now re rewritting this tale in novel form.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I would like to revist this series.

I'ld make a Vampire Chronicles show that was actually faithful to the books starting with the origin story that was completely overlooked IMO in the "Queen of the Damned" movie.

It'd have to be Masters of the Universe! Imagine $250 million on this!!

It would (surprisingly to some!) be a box office hit spawning two sequels so the story-arc can be told in full. I'm not sure how the exact story would go right now but to put it simply ~ it would definitely be set on Eternia, delving into the background/story using some existing mythology and some new ideas, we come to learn/know/understand of Castle Grayskull, He-Man, Skeletor (as well as back-stories where needed which would serve a purpose tying characters, events etc...) while in-between this show the beginning, build up and confrontation or battle btw Good & Evil which would be followed by two sequels (which would of course involve He-Man & Skeletor) where She-Ra, Hordak and King Hiss play a role as well, thus completing the trilogy.

...Only to be rebooted by Michael Bay. LoL jk. As a matter of fact, i don't know who'd direct this film. Personally i lean towards Peter Jackson as i like the feel he got with LOTR. But one thing's for sure ~ the director would need pedigree in the industry. The cast would be a mix of lesser knowns in the bigger roles while some established stars take on minor (but important) roles. CGI would be used of course, but not for everything as it needs to have some realism to it.

The characters would not be watered down and altered totally rather slightly updated but still recognizable to old fans while identifiable to new fans. I wouldn't use characters for the sake of them being in the film though a cameo or two isn't out of the question as long as it serves a purpose to the particular scene(s). He-Man and Skeletor would be the main protagonist and antagonist while potentially adding other faction leaders ~ She-Ra, Hordak and King Hiss and potentially a couple of their crew ~ teasing their appearance in the first film but have them in the sequels.

Running time would be around 135 - 145 mins for each component of the trilogy... though the extended directors cut on Blu-Ray would add an additional 20 mins or so. LoL.

Also on a side note, thanks to the success of this film Mattel would announce and reveal an accompanying toy line plus other licensed merchandise and collectables. Plus(!), due to it being a movie year Mattel live up to their word by announcing that Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, Fright Zone & Crystal Castle get the green light for the Classics line.

Yeah i know... I wish! haha
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I would like to revist this series.

dont even know what to say

Super Dimension Fortress Macross
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Final Fight : The Movie.

Chris Evans as Cody
    Dwayne Johnson as Haggar
    Big Show as Hugo/Andore

Pure early 90's.

Score must have elements of the game's soundtrack.

Poison's a girl, though jokes suggesting otherwise are ok.

No sci-fi elements, or other huge changes that tends to happen to deepen video game movies. Street gang kidnapps mayor's daughter, mayor and friends kick butt for 90 minutes, gang has Kingpin-ripoff leader/backer, keep costumes accurate, add shout outs to other games in the Street Fighter universe, end of story!
    Last edited by King Gilskull; October 30, 2012 at 11:19am.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Legend of Zelda, maybe a trilogy.

I'd bring back my favorite show of all time - Tales from the Crypt! The comics still had a lot of great stories that could've been made into episodes! That is my dream want in life!

As much as I would love to do a MOTU based property budget is still too small for anything possibly other than a cartoon or animated project (and that's barely making the budget) but what i would love to do is a pilot for a Superman novel written by Kevin J. Anderson called The Last Days of Krypton!

I think this would make a superb serial on HBO or even Starz cause it involves political corruption, drama some action and everything I think we would like in another alternate approach to the superman mythos.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....