Thread: New casts, Zodak - He-Man and Beast Man heads

New casts, Zodak - He-Man and Beast Man heads

Cosmic Enforcer, i may get some of the little sparkles to incorporate next time

Cosmic Enforcer, Beast Man and Horde Prime Hands

And this goodie will be a future slime pit He-Man
    Please don't try to contact me thru heman.org about casted parts. That is specifically against there guidelines and out of respect for them don't do it. I rarely visit this site any more anyway so any messages more than likely wont be seen for a month. Facebook is the best way, i check there daily.

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    AAAMAZING!!! I see the potential to be awesome if u can make all the parts in translucent resin. Maybe an Oozor even, or spirit of the king!!
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by beyond the legends View Post
    AAAMAZING!!! I see the potential to be awesome if u can make all the parts in translucent resin. Maybe an Oozor even, or spirit of the king!!
    Thanks, but no resins here. These are in plastic.
    Please don't try to contact me thru heman.org about casted parts. That is specifically against there guidelines and out of respect for them don't do it. I rarely visit this site any more anyway so any messages more than likely wont be seen for a month. Facebook is the best way, i check there daily.

Is the He-Man head & hair 1 complete cast or is the hair and head separate?
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    Is the He-Man head & hair 1 complete cast or is the hair and head separate?
    1 complete one

Snappy Threader
    Way too cool Karak Nul....what are you using if I may ask? That Zodac head is kickin.........

Plastics from smoothon.com. IF you dont have a pressure pot tho, its not gonna matter, they will never come out right.

And thanks for the compliments guys! Ive been playing with Resins for basically 3 years just trying to get to this point. I wasnt ready for plastics, so if you are thinking about trying it out, start small. It all started with me wanting a phasing Scareglow and no one would make one for me for less than $600. So i was determined to master this craft, make one myself, and then do what I can to help the MOTUC community because we get no love from the custom community as far as parts customizers go.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Way too cool Karak Nul....what are you using if I may ask? That Zodac head is kickin.........

Great work!!!! I love the casts. I have been way to chicken to customize MOTUC due to cost. If you ever do any vintage casts let me know!!!

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Nul View Post
    Plastics from smoothon.com. IF you dont have a pressure pot tho, its not gonna matter, they will never come out right.

And thanks for the compliments guys! Ive been playing with Resins for basically 3 years just trying to get to this point. I wasnt ready for plastics, so if you are thinking about trying it out, start small. It all started with me wanting a phasing Scareglow and no one would make one for me for less than $600. So i was determined to master this craft, make one myself, and then do what I can to help the MOTUC community because we get no love from the custom community as far as parts customizers go.
    Wow. Great your results!

But which plastic did you use? (I looked website smoothon.com, but I've not found this product).
    ----------------------------------------------------
    DRAGSTOR in MotUC
    ----------------------------------------------------

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Nice stuff. I too have been trying to master this craft and I fear it will defeat me. So many issues and problems, it can be very frustrating. I've been using resin, perhaps thats part of my problem.

how much does a pressure pot cost and where do you find one??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

about $900, just google search for distributors

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    how much does a pressure pot cost and where do you find one??

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I want to cast a Skeletor with Keldor cape in blue plastic to replicate the Holochron look from the MOTU movie.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

So are you getting perfect bubble free castings in the translucent every time? I dream of this

I have been checking out various videos for casting. Do you have to use a vacuum chamber to degas the plastics before pouring and pressure curing? All of this equipment is starting to get expensive. I know of ways to make pressure chambers for a lot less than $900, you just need the right materials to be safe about it.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

no issues yet!

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    So are you getting perfect bubble free castings in the translucent every time? I dream of this

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    I have been checking out various videos for casting. Do you have to use a vacuum chamber to degas the plastics before pouring and pressure curing? All of this equipment is starting to get expensive. I know of ways to make pressure chambers for a lot less than $900, you just need the right materials to be safe about it.
    no way i could afford the 900 one, mine's a custom made one using a paint pressure pot. it was a pain to assemble and took 3 days of messing with it to finally get all the right fittings but it was worth it in the end.

I got this pressure chamber not too long ago, its about $400
    http://www.paintsprayersplus.com/pro...-Pot-Tank.html
    I haven't used it a whole lot yet, but it holds pressure well and its a good quality build. Looks nice too. Really looking forward to trying plastics instead of resins with it now.
    I had converted an old Harbor Freight pressure pot, but it wouldn't hold pressure well, even on my second one after returning one.

what is the name of the material you are using.
    Proud Caster of The Casting Cave