Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy: Aftermath

Master of New Adventures!
    Terrible, Adora...just terrible!

We'll certainly include you in my family's thoughts and prayers. Please keep sharing your situation. One of the really positive things about the board is that almost everyone joins together when one of us is going through travails and troubles. Hopefully you can draw some small measure of strength from knowing that many people here are pulling for you and hoping for the best for you.

Most of all, stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Adora NJ View Post
    Well, I'm not as lucky. I'm still with out power and was told up to 2 weeks with out it. Had minot damage to my home but was remove from my house due to power lines on the roof (and they are still there) but my animal and I are safe and I'm allow back into my home since the wires are totally dead and I have a small generator that I'm using only at night. Gas lines are long-- try up 4 hours long and they could be out of gas. I just can't wait for my normal live to return!

Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    My heart goes out to all our US cousins affected by 'Sandy'. Here in Scotland we already have a food, toy and clothing drive to send to the worst hit areas - maybe save Christmas in some small way for a few folks. Anyone can donate and the charity ships out next week. If interested here's a link:

http://www.camglen.co.uk
    nice to see the ancestral country looking out for us yanks

we got lucky. we live right next to a very big old folks home that was without power for 4 days... ours just came on tonight. The no power didn't bother me so much as the cold did.

Work still has no power. found some shots from the presidents trip around the shore line. Seems the 2nd ave shore house (my fathers) in ortley has survived. Only another house landed on the back porch but everything looks in place. 5th Ave (my mothers through divorce) we are less sure of. arial views show it to be intact but won't know until we get there. If I thought it was going to be anywhere NEAR this bad i would have emptied it earlier so no worrying. now we might not get there till next week if lucky. I just hope the ***** looters stay away...the older weaker houses that stood there before on 5th ave got broken into twice years ago. hence reason for building the new ones (one of many).

ours is the blue in the middle..2nd ave

ortley beach video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T-TY3rZPHA&feature=plcp
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Horrendous, but it's good to hear you have started to turn the corner.

In our thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    nice to see the ancestral country looking out for us yanks

we got lucky. we live right next to a very big old folks home that was without power for 4 days... ours just came on tonight. The no power didn't bother me so much as the cold did.

Work still has no power. found some shots from the presidents trip around the shore line. Seems the 2nd ave shore house (my fathers) in ortley has survived. Only another house landed on the back porch but everything looks in place. 5th Ave (my mothers through divorce) we are less sure of. arial views show it to be intact but won't know until we get there. If I thought it was going to be anywhere NEAR this bad i would have emptied it earlier so no worrying. now we might not get there till next week if lucky. I just hope the ***** looters stay away...the older weaker houses that stood there before on 5th ave got broken into twice years ago. hence reason for building the new ones (one of many).

ours is the blue in the middle..2nd ave
    http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...46633569_n.jpg

ortley beach video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T-TY3rZPHA&feature=plcp

There's been a run on landline phones here. The old fashioned phones that don't require power. They are impossible to find at stores.

I saw 2 telephone poles yesterday that were barely standing, they are leaning over the road. Hopefully, they won't fall on someone's car. Yikes.

The Gyms were closed again last night; would be nice to finally get a shower.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    While I'm in no way even attempting to equate what we've gone through here on the northern Indiana shore of Lake Michigan to the devastation on the east coast, here we are seven hundred miles from New York City and New Jersey and we experienced twenty-five foot high waves on Lake Michigan brought to us courtesy of fifty mph winds. Trees are downed all over out little village and our home lost power for twenty-three hours. Fortunately we have fireplaces in our home so we kept them going, our family camping out in the living room.

Again, I want to make it clear I'm not complaining and that I have deep empathy and sympathy for all those who have suffered and continue to suffer on the east coast. I'm only posting this as an indication of the immense power of this storm. Events such as this serve, tragically, to indicate that Nature is the landlord and we are all only renters.
    Well I do not think anyone would take it for anything less than this truly illustrates the monster this storm was. I for one, would not know how far it went as I have been dealing with immediate assistance to others within my geographical range if it wasn't for anyone posting so my thoughts go out to ANYONE who has been a victim or recipient of this storm no matter what degree you experienced. I just hope that you are all in the best of health, safe and able to continue with your life. If not I hope that assistance has got to you or is on the way. and I hope information in regards to getting help or aid has reached you.

For anyone looking to contribute you can text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate 10 dollars.

You can check the FEMA website as well as text SHELTER and your Zip Code to 43362.

For NJ residents (Please forgive me for putting the link but it's the only way) for anyone who worked in the disaster areas, you can collect unemployment here: www.njuifile.net and you must file by Dec.1

For NY resdients: 855-697-7263 for Emergency Assistance in NYC

And please where accessible contact your local and community boards as well as church or any community group!

Good Luck to you all and hope it all works out!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Snappy Threader
    Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by this....

On tonight.

Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Christina Aguilera, Sting and other celebrities will join forces for the one-hour live telethon "Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together," airing Friday at 8 p.m. on NBCUniversal stations and streamed at NBC.com.

Money raised during the telethon will be donated to American Red Cross relief efforts.

In addition to being televised on NBC, the concert will be carried on Bravo, MSNBC, CNBC, E!, G4, Style, Syfy and USA channels. Other networks may join by the time the show gets underway Friday.

The benefit will be hosted by "Today" anchor Matt Lauer and talk show host Jimmy Fallon, and NBC News anchor Brian Williams also will take part. The show will be carried live to the East Coast and tape delayed for West Coast audiences.

Thank you for that, Nemisythe, and for understanding the intentions of my post.

We're blessed with having power restored now and our lives are returning to normal. Sadly, for million of others this is not the case and our hearts and prayers go out to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Well I do not think anyone would take it for anything less than this truly illustrates the monster this storm was. I for one, would not know how far it went as I have been dealing with immediate assistance to others within my geographical range if it wasn't for anyone posting so my thoughts go out to ANYONE who has been a victim or recipient of this storm no matter what degree you experienced. I just hope that you are all in the best of health, safe and able to continue with your life. If not I hope that assistance has got to you or is on the way. and I hope information in regards to getting help or aid has reached you.

For anyone looking to contribute you can text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate 10 dollars.

You can check the FEMA website as well as text SHELTER and your Zip Code to 43362.

For NJ residents (Please forgive me for putting the link but it's the only way) for anyone who worked in the disaster areas, you can collect unemployment here: www.njuifile.net and you must file by Dec.1

For NY resdients: 855-697-7263 for Emergency Assistance in NYC

And please where accessible contact your local and community boards as well as church or any community group!

Good Luck to you all and hope it all works out!

Power! I've got power! This is a great day, but one of my fish died. Poor guy

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Power! I've got power! This is a great day, but one of my fish died. Poor guy
    Glad to hear you have power! That is great news! We lost power for over 2 weeks during the ice storm here in Kentucky a couple of years ago and it was awful. Having power is a start and I am glad to hear yours is back on.

Sorry to hear about your fish though
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Thanks. I didn't mind the cold for a while, but it seems to wear you down as the days pass.

It's supposed to drop down to 30 tonight, and I wasn't looking forward to that.

I hope you guys get your power back on soon. After Rita, we weren't allowed to our houses for a couple of weeks; it was another two more weeks after that before we ha our power restored. It was just the opposite for us; it was in the upper 90s. Wish there was more I could do for y'all because I know how it feels to be in your position.
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the advice and info guys. Aside from not having heat and hot water we are OK. Spent the last few days cleaning up and helping my parents out. We lost some stuff and had to kiss some things good-bye but all things considered we are good. Hopefully getting a new heater delivered and installed on Monday. Family and friends are safe as well.

I cannot believe how much damage was done by this storm. It is unreal. They say it's a 100 year storm. I hope its a 1,000 years before this happens again. Never would be more ideal. I also hope people open their eyes that we need to take better care of the environment and take all of these changes in the weather seriously. The frequency of these natural disasters is just crazy. I am not a tree hugging environmentalist but it's just hard to deny global warming and how it's affecting weather patterns all over the world.

I have to say that Monday night was pretty scary here. It was a scene out of a disaster movie. All hell broke loose and it was just crazy. I cannot imagine what others went through that got hit much harder. My heart goes out to everyone that was effected by the storm. I hope everyone stays safe. It may take time but things will get better. Sorry to hear about Princess Adora NJ's situation. Hope you have someplace safe to stay.

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    Well, I'm still with no power, but in the aftermath something did happen that was on the postive side. My brother did reach out to me after not speaking for over three years. So I'm thank for Sandy doing that.
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

....in the aftermath something did happen that was on the postive side. My brother did reach out to me after not speaking for over three years. So I'm thank for Sandy doing that.
    That is good news! I am kind of in the same boat and am not very close with my family I hope things continue to progress for you

The Chinese have a saying: "Sometimes out of something bad, something good can come." I'm happy for you that this was true in your case.

Well, I'm still with no power, but in the aftermath something did happen that was on the postive side. My brother did reach out to me after not speaking for over three years. So I'm thank for Sandy doing that.

Heroic Warrior
    We were fortunate only a few small branches down in the yard and loss of power for a minute or so. Nothing like the devastation in New Jersey and New York.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Hey guys....I got hit hard.
    Lost my car my wifes car got 3 windows smashed.
    Still no power
    Basement flooded everything destroyed.
    The He-Man room got destroyed. Alot of my collection is gone. I was crying. Its so sad we lost so much.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Please accept my condolences. I hope you get power soon.

You can't take any of it with you when go, so try to be happy and enjoy whatever parts of the day that can be enjoyed..

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'm very sorry to hear that - I hope you get power back soon and are able to save as much as you can.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Hey guys....I got hit hard.
    Lost my car my wifes car got 3 windows smashed.
    Still no power
    Basement flooded everything destroyed.
    The He-Man room got destroyed. Alot of my collection is gone. I was crying. Its so sad we lost so much.
    That's very sad to hear. I am so very sorry to hear that Brian

So sad, Brian. It's just awful.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hey all, my house in Cranford was out of power for 7 days, but we are OK. My Seaside Heights house got rocked. The garage was ripped off completely and all my surf boards and body boards took their last ride with Sandy, 7 boards gone! We are allowed to go back into Seaside to pull things out on Monday, hopefully there is no structural damage to the foundation or contamination. I live right across the street from the beach, first house, so we really got clobbered. I grew up down there and know a lot of people in Ortley, you guys got it worse. From the arial maps, north seaside was bad... where I am... and as u go farther north into Ortley, it's a mess. Now it's snowing outside... ***? I hope everyone recovers ASAP!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Hey all, my house in Cranford was out of power for 7 days, but we are OK. My Seaside Heights house got rocked. The garage was ripped off completely and all my surf boards and body boards took their last ride with Sandy, 7 boards gone! We are allowed to go back into Seaside to pull things out on Monday, hopefully there is no structural damage to the foundation or contamination. I live right across the street from the beach, first house, so we really got clobbered. I grew up down there and know a lot of people in Ortley, you guys got it worse. From the arial maps, north seaside was bad... where I am... and as u go farther north into Ortley, it's a mess. Now it's snowing outside... ***? I hope everyone recovers ASAP!

I'm sorry for your troubles and hope you can recover this adversity and regain power quickly. Good luck, our thoughts are with you.

Thanks man... I appreciate it.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!