Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daredevil Series on Netflix

Daredevil Series on Netflix

The first trailer is up:

Can't wait, this looks so, so awesome!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

The trailer does look great. Hope it doesn't take him TOO long to get into the red costume.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The trailer does look great. Hope it doesn't take him TOO long to get into the red costume.
    What, we're just going to skip the yellow?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Looks promising ! Liking the black suit, anyway I still enjoy re-watching daredevil (2003) and elektra

now if only that rumor of Spidey joining the Avengers 3 could become a reality, you can do it marvel
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Looks like he did from the old Hulk movie. I too hope to see a costume transition.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Looks good. I really don't get quite how to get Netflix since I already have DirecTV, but I really don't want to have to wait half a year or more for this to become available on DVD. It's already rotten waiting for House of Cards and Game of Thrones.

Anyway, it's funny remembering Mark Steven Johnson's commentary about how much they had to fight to prove the suit could work if it's red instead of black in the 2003 movie--and that was at the time a genuine win even. Flawed as that movie was it helped get the property here which--at the moment--seems like a good thing.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Looks good. I really don't get quite how to get Netflix since I already have DirecTV, but I really don't want to have to wait half a year or more for this to become available on DVD. It's already rotten waiting for House of Cards and Game of Thrones.
    What does one have to do with the other?

Netflix doesn't really replace DirectTV, we have both. Netflix is something you can play through the computer/tablet/phone or my preference the Wii for about $8 a month. Mostly older shows or previous seasons, unless they're 'Netflix exclusives' like Daredevil and House of Cards..

In fact most of the Bluray machines or TVs can access Netflix on their own now... but I don't have those things. It's really the reason I bought the Wii in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemotoggy View Post
    Looks like he did from the old Hulk movie. I too hope to see a costume transition.
    Yea if you remember they had that same costume in the Daredevil mini series a couple of years back:

Yeah I'm looking forward to this series and all the upcoming Marvel Netflix series.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Widget
    Looks awesome!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I just recall a conversation Stan Lee talked about having with the folks who designed the black DD costume back in "The Trial of the Incredible Hulk." They made the mask cover his eyes and, when Stan mentioned that as a problem, they reminded him DD was blind. Stan then tried to calmly explain that, while that was true, people weren't supposed to know about it. Advertising that you have no sense of sight by basically blindfolding yourself is something someone who's smart enough to graduate law school would not be foolish enough to do. It would be like Green Lantern wearing a sign saying, "Hey, did you know my ring doesn't work on yellow?"
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    Some of the Netflix series are cool, like From Dusk Til Dawn, Marco Polo, Hemlock Grove and House of Cards. I doubt this one will really go much further than some other failed superhero projects.
    Made it through Cyber Monday with everything I wanted, well, almost.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapricornDefender View Post
    Some of the Netflix series are cool, like From Dusk Til Dawn, Marco Polo, Hemlock Grove and House of Cards. I doubt this one will really go much further than some other failed superhero projects.
    Given that Marvel's own productions have yet to spawn an outright failure, I'd bet the other way. Admittedly, Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter haven't been outright runaway hits, but they haven't flopped by any measure, either. And Daredevil, like those, is part of the same cinematic universe, so it has some back-up the other Netflix series didn't. It's also tied in to the other three Marvel Netflix series leading up to the Defenders. It may not set Netflix on fire, but I think odds are it will do well enough.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by CapricornDefender View Post
    You forgot Orange is the New Black on that list.....in other words all of the Netflix original series......combined with Marvel's current track record. ....I forsee all kinds of win for the man with no fear!

Wow! day after and no one posted yet??

Series is better than I expected

Just finished it. Honestly, I can't rave enough about the series. I loved it from start to finish. Great characters, acting, and writing. Cox made an amazing Daredevil, and Kingpin stole every scene he was in. Kinda sad now that we're getting the other series before a season 2, though.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Up to episode 6 and must say I love it! Every character is brilliantly casted! From Matt to Clare to Foggy and Karen are amazing I can't choose a favourite! Can't wait to finish it but sad that it'll be over for ages when I'm done. If you're in doubt, this is dark and amazing so highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

So glad Marvel got the rights back.
    Last edited by ForTheHonour86; April 11, 2015 at 07:16pm.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheHonour86 View Post
    So glad Marvel got the rights back.
    True this to all of the haters that think other companies can do the films that Marvel can no...Look at the FF that's coming out this year...Train Wreck

Marvel will get these rights back as well....

Rachel (Judith) and I watched the first episode and loved it. Marvel keeps knocking things of the park! On to episode two!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Wish I had Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Wish I had Netflix.
    It's one of my only vices. If I didn't have it to keep me company me during the day while I work at home, I'd probably go crazy.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    It's one of my only vices. If I didn't have it to keep me company me during the day while I work at home, I'd probably go crazy.
    I'd get it if I thought I would use it but honestly I watch so little TV that it wouldn't be worth it. Oh well. I'll just wait for the inevitable DVD/BR release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I'd get it if I thought I would use it but honestly I watch so little TV that it wouldn't be worth it. Oh well. I'll just wait for the inevitable DVD/BR release.
    Pretty sure Netflix has a free trial......watch em fast!

EDIT: They give you a one month free trial.

Heroic Warrior
    I am loving Daredevil so far. I've watched the first six episodes and am just...hooked. The acting is great, the writing has been excellent, and it truly feels more like a movie than a TV series. So far Foggy's my favorite character.