Thread: Is Marvel studios the best thing Marvel did in a long time?

Heroic Warrior

Is Marvel studios the best thing Marvel did in a long time?

I mean instead of just licensing their products to other studios like Sony/Fox/Lionsgate/Universal/New Line etc., in 2006 they decided to make their own studio where they are in control and make their own decisions. I mean in the past they did well with Blade 1 & 2, Spider-Man 1 & 2 and X-Men 1 & 2 and Daredevil Director's Cut.

And is it cause of screwups like Hulk, Elektra, Fantastic Four 1 & 2, Man-Thing, Ghost Rider etc. why they made their own studio?

Now Fox is doing swell with X-Men now and should stick to it, Fox needs to get rid of Fantastic Four badly.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I would say that the Marvel studio movies are what spiked my kids love for the Marvel Characters. Growing up they just weren't all that in to toys which really dissapointed old dad here. It was always about video games. Now that they've gotten older, they enjoy a good story and these new movies have been excellent.

My kids don't know what the heck to think about the comics. They consider the movies to be the current canon and have little interest in the comics that don't jive with them.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I agree. The characters in the Marvel comics are a far cry from what I remember, so I've stopped reading them. The movies capture the spirit of the comics without doing wacky stuff and Bendisiazation to increase sales like the comics do.

Marvel's animation is a bust too. They canceled Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which was a damn good cartoon. Now we have these light-hearted, 4th-wall breaking, kiddie cartoons.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Heh. "Kiddie cartoons".
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I agree. The characters in the Marvel comics are a far cry from what I remember, so I've stopped reading them. The movies capture the spirit of the comics without doing wacky stuff and Bendisiazation to increase sales like the comics do.

Marvel's animation is a bust too. They canceled Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which was a damn good cartoon. Now we have these light-hearted, 4th-wall breaking, kiddie cartoons.
    DC is far better in animation and Marvel is great at live-action always.

And what do you think of the licensed products?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Heh. "Kiddie cartoons".
    I THINK the Hulk and Thor were brawling over something mundane like ice cream or something in one of the earliest episodes of that new Avengers cartoon.

And Ultimate Spider-Man (and Nick's TMNT) with all of those visual gags?

That's why they seem kiddie to me. But then I like my cartoons with a mostly serious tone. Like Justice League, Young Justice, 2003 TMNT, MYP MOTU...

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Its a real shame. Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Spectacular Spider-Man were fantastic cartoons that were really closing the gap with DC (and better than any series DC has done post Young Justice).

And they replaced them with completely unwatchable garbage.