Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon M. Chu Is Directing Jem And The Holograms!

Jon M. Chu Is Directing Jem And The Holograms!

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Interesting. My ideal version of a Jem movie would be a love letter to the 80's, but I'm open minded to see what they have in mind.

Whoa! He makes a lot more sense as a director for this versus MOTU, though. There's already an official site:

jemthemovie.com
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

How truly outrageous. ...truly outrageous!

Yes, this is my chance to shine!

Modern day reinvention.

The fan input and involvement aspect sounds pretty cool. I hope the final product is tolerable at the least. I have high hopes for it, but not much faith in today's movie-making process.
    Last edited by dedset13; March 22, 2014 at 10:40pm.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    It'll be nice to see Jem get some mainstream exposure, but.... yeeeeah...... live action Hasbro movies...... barf.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    It'll be nice to see Jem get some mainstream exposure, but.... yeeeeah...... live action Hasbro movies...... barf.
    They May Stink but at Least Hasbro is Trying.. Mattel Nothing

Heroic Warrior
    I'm hoping for a completely ridiculous, over-the-top, extravaganza of 1980s music, fashion and soap opera storylines!

I have no interested in Jem being "reinvented" for modern times. Isn't that essentially what "Hannah Montana" was and endless other similarly themed "dual identity" TV shows and movies?

I want all the craziness of the cartoon, complete with holograms, crazy costumes, disguises, idiotic love interests and the murderous Misfits!

This but not Inhumanoids?! Or Robotix? They put the future in our hands!

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    They May Stink but at Least Hasbro is Trying.. Mattel Nothing
    The world isn't read for Barbie and the Rockers: The Movie.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

This could be really cool or really really really horrible

The animated show ages well so it should not be THAT hard to adapt, heck Synergy could at least be something sort of real in 2014 versus a fantasy element in 1987
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    This could be really cool or really really really horrible
    I could see this being Josie and the Pussycats bad. I'd be surprised if this movie made a ton of movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I'm hoping for a completely ridiculous, over-the-top, extravaganza of 1980s music, fashion and soap opera storylines!

I have no interested in Jem being "reinvented" for modern times. Isn't that essentially what "Hannah Montana" was and endless other similarly themed "dual identity" TV shows and movies?

I want all the craziness of the cartoon, complete with holograms, crazy costumes, disguises, idiotic love interests and the murderous Misfits!
    Yeah, if they set it in the 80s with a humorous action-adventure tone it would have been great.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    I'm with JonWes 100%. Play up the camp, and use it to their advantage. And this could be a really cool movie.
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Christy Marx better be involved in this as a advisor or I ain't giving a stuff about it. Any race or gender changes in this (I can see a black/Latina Misfit for some reason knowing the way Hollywood now days PC as this will be a possibility) and I'll be peed off too. No one complained back in the 80's why now? Feel free to continue and or move this convo in the Tar Swamp if this is too much for general Other board.
    Last edited by Sorceress; March 21, 2014 at 08:37am.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Heroic Warrior
    I would have been interested if they didn't say "modern day reinvention". This movie has to be set in the 80's, with the holograms(both the band and the illusions), the Misfits, hair, style, music, and done as a comedy-drama-action adventure-musical.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I would have been interested if they didn't say "modern day reinvention". This movie has to be set in the 80's, with the holograms(both the band and the illusions), the Misfits, hair, style, music, and done as a comedy-drama-action adventure-musical.
    Ditto I feel the same.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

They could still do over-the-top makeup, dramatic hairstyles in an array of colors etc. even if it wasn't set in the 80's. I mean...isn't this what almost all of the relevant pop gals are doing nowadays, too?

I was intrigued by the annoucement until he said a 'modern day' take on Jem. ....modern day...
    -- Illusions come, illusions go. Show a true face to our foe --

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'd be surprised if this movie made a ton of movie.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    Christy Marx better be involved in this as a advisor or I ain't giving a stuff about it. Any race or gender changes in this (I can see a black/Latina Misfit for some reason knowing the way Hollywood now days PC as this will be a possibility) and I'll be peed off too. No one complained back in the 80's why now? Feel free to continue and or move this convo in the Tar Swamp if this is too much for general Other board.
    If I remember right, I think Marx originaly wanted Jetta to be black, but the higher ups thought that might have some unfortunate implications, so she settled for British.

I'd love to bring this over to the Tar Swamp, but my application request still hasn't been approved yet.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    From The Hollywood Reporter:

According to the producers, Jem is being reimagined "for a whole new generation with themes of being true to who you are in a multitasking, hyperlinked social media age."

Ryan Landels wrote the script, which, per the producers, centers on an orphaned teenage girl who becomes an online recording sensation. She and her sisters embark on a music-driven scavenger hunt—one that sends them on an adventure across Los Angeles in an attempt to unlock a final message left by her father.

This is going to be terrible.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    From The Hollywood Reporter:

According to the producers, Jem is being reimagined "for a whole new generation with themes of being true to who you are in a multitasking, hyperlinked social media age."

Ryan Landels wrote the script, which, per the producers, centers on an orphaned teenage girl who becomes an online recording sensation. She and her sisters embark on a music-driven scavenger hunt—one that sends them on an adventure across Los Angeles in an attempt to unlock a final message left by her father.

This is going to be terrible.
    Hmm so perhaps Hannah Montana meets iCarly.

In any case, I hope they remake some of the original songs from the cartoon.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    If I remember right, I think Marx originaly wanted Jetta to be black, but the higher ups thought that might have some unfortunate implications, so she settled for British.
    Yeah, I've read/heard that too. I'm pretty sure they told her they didn't want any minorities percieved as "the bad guys". IIRC, they actually had a list of acceptable "bad guy" backgrounds/nationalities/ethnicities/whatever, and of course, British was on that list, lol.

Last edited by Tallstar; March 21, 2014 at 03:56pm.