Thread: You got a question? Ask me. I'll give you my honest opinion, suggestion, or theory.

Heroic Warrior

You got a question? Ask me. I'll give you my honest opinion, suggestion, or theory.

Hey there, Folks!

I know a lot of you out there don't care for my opinion on various things. Others agree with me wholeheartedly. So I'm making this thread for me and those out there interested in my opinion.

You got a question? Ask me. I'll give you my honest opinion, suggestion, or theory on the subject.

You wanna know something about MOTU? Ask me. I'll take the time to tell you what I know and if I don't know, I'll ask the appropriate people to find out the answer.

Am I officially an employee of Mattel? No. Am I an expert or consultant on MOTU? No. I'm just doing this for fun and hopefully you all have fun too. It'll be interesting to see what questions, if any, get asked.

Have fun with it.

I'm sorry but you are being illogical. I can't compute!!!

Kidding. You know, like I do.

Hmm... I think you should post some of your Motu art here. You're beyond talented, and I don't know that many people here know that....

But maybe it would be moved to the Fan Creation dimension... So I'll ask this question:

What would you do, while developing a story, to explore the team up of Adam / Adora // He-Man / She-Ra via mini comics?
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'm sorry but you are being illogical. I can't compute!!!

Kidding. You know, like I do.

Hmm... I think you should post some of your Motu art here. You're beyond talented, and I don't know that many people here know that....

But maybe it would be moved to the Fan Creation dimension... So I'll ask this question:

What would you do, while developing a story, to explore the team up of Adam / Adora // He-Man / She-Ra via mini comics?
    Well, the first thing I would do for a new series of mini-comics is establish the idea that Man-At-Arms found and refurbished a Horde Star Gate from a prior Horde invasion (the Horde Star Gate was something established in the old comics) The repurposed Horde Star Gate would be set up as a link between Eternos Palace and Brightmoon, creating a greater union between King Randor and Queen Angella. It would also allow citizens of each kingdom to visit one another, allowing the heroes to intermix as well. This would allow stories between He-Man and She-Ra to happen easily, or team ups with characters that have never been done before. Even adversaries that have never been encountered by the heroes before from either world. The possibilities are endless.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; November 29, 2014 at 04:54pm.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Well, the first thing I would do is establish in a new series of mini-comics the idea that Man-At-Arms found and refurbished a Horde Star Gate from a prior Horde invasion. The repurposed Horde Star Gate would be set up as a link between Eternos Palace and Brightmoon, creating a greater union between King Randor and Queen Angella. It would also allow citizens of each kingdom to visit one another, allowing the heroes to intermix as well. This would allow stories between He-Man and She-Ra to happen easily, or team ups with characters that have never been done before. Even adversaries that have never been encountered by the heroes before. The possibilities are endless.
    That's actually a rather fun idea. After all, mini comic plots don't need to be super complex.

Exploiting the grouping of characters from the different worlds would be a good thing.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That's actually a rather fun idea. After all, mini comic plots don't need to be super complex.

Exploiting the grouping of characters from the different worlds would be a good thing.
    Exactly. We've only seen mini-comics that have MOTU and PoP characters handle adventures separately. This way, new stories that can involve certain MOTU and PoP characters working together can be told. There are a lot of fun possibilities with team-ups or matches. Perfuma could encounter Evilseed. The Snake Men could encounter She-Ra, Melog could face off against He-Man. Netossa and Teela could team up, Bow and Rio Blast...it has a lot of potential.

What's your opinion on flesh-colored plastic versus flesh paint tones?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    What's your opinion on flesh-colored plastic versus flesh paint tones?
    Good question.

I prefer the use of flesh colored plastics with painted accents and deco. Mainly because the paint can get scratched or scrapped off at times. If it has Flesh colored Plastic, then at least it's not as noticible. If the skin tone isn't available in plastic, then flesh paint tones are fine. But, at least use a base plastic that is close to the same color of paint.

PERFECT EXAMPLE: My 200X Man-At-Arms head came with the paint on his eyelid and brow chipped off. I could see the blue plastic underneath...BLUE plastic. Had it been closer to his flesh tone, I might not have even noticed.

An example I was thinking of was NECA - compare Hudson from the Aliens series with Dutch from the Predators line:

Heroic Warrior
    An example I was thinking of was NECA - compare Hudson from the Aliens series with Dutch from the Predators line:
    https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3713/...9990d12e77.jpg
    Which do you prefer?

Well i never knew you existed till a few moments ago but I need answers in my life just like any other shlubb . Lets see what the King can do .

Can you think of any toy more scary then Modulok ? < Must be ages 4 and up just like MOTU >
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLKROM View Post
    Well i never knew you existed till a few moments ago but I need answers in my life just like any other shlubb . Lets see what the King can do .

Can you think of any toy more scary then Modulok ? < Must be ages 4 and up just like MOTU >
    Look up "Ugglys" on Toys'R'Us. You've been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Which do you prefer?
    Me? Flesh-toned plastic, easily.

Heroic Warrior
    Me? Flesh-toned plastic, easily.
    Yup, I'd agree.

Well nothing much but to say I think we've butted opinions here and there (not too many I'm sure) and honestly I find it healthy when you can do it without the name calling or snarkism sometimes others seem to have so I just say thank you Sir for the parlay and it's always great to have fans that can agree to disagree at times and even agree when they do.

I'd be truly interested to see the work or craft you do... Any links or pages
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....