Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode 7 Discussion/Lucasfilm bought by Disney

Lucas' constantly evolving story where he amends with I never intended it to happen that way despite everyone else saying errrr or that's not what you said here.

The case with Bladerunner for example Riddley Scott has said he has his preferred telling and version of the movie but is willing to let people enjoy the other tellings of it. Many fans have asked for the original movies to be released but with the additional scenes. Personally I don't mind enhancements that make sense, and adding in scenes that got scrapped but the white washing and later edits of scenes (except in some cases like the Emperor) can just go away.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I really doubt that JJ Abrams rumor will come to pass.
    I don't know if I'd be happy if it did or not. I don't think Abrams is bad but I'm not overly happy with him either.

So the latest rumors are that Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron are being offered parts, Gosling even supposedly up to play Luke's son. I wonder if both actors getting early starts to their careers by working in Disney projects has something to do with the rumor though. I especially find it doubtful (but not impossible) that it would so casually get out that Luke has a son in the movie. Gosling has turned down several franchises, and it seems to be paying off for him, so even if the rumors are true I don't think he'll be in a Star Wars movie. I doubt the Efron rumor too, but I guess the nerd in me thinks it could be cool for the younger Simon Tam from Firefly to be in Star Wars. Not as cool as River Tam or Zoe Washburne to turn up, but whatever. I'm sorry there are no rumors of Abigail Breslin playing Princess Leia's daughter. I just think that'd work.

Edit:
    Also, John Williams is officially back!
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...rs-episode-vii

Surprised he's committed to all three. I wonder if Michael Giacchino is going to serve as an understudy. He's one of the few composer working now who I think could achieve a sound that fits with what Williams has already done.
    Last edited by gbagok; July 27, 2013 at 01:17pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...211055738.html

To me this is big. had a screen play then this.

I am curious as to what the new screen play is. I am assuming there's going to be a new one. or some kind of rewrite. altering.

That news kind of sucks IMO. I was a lot happier about Arndt's involvement than I was about Abrams's, but I suspected this would happen. It's nice that Kasdan will be involved but I haven't much loved anything he's done since Silverado so on the whole I'm back to curbing my expectations.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    I think Disney buying Lucasfilm is good, reasons:

Afterall Lucas felt like he was abused long enough by fans for the prequels, Indiana Jones 4, the tinkering of the OT, forgetting his promise to release the untouched with original trilogy on BD etc. plus Red Tails which was produced by him was a HUGE bomb in theaters last year and he calls it quits as he decides to retire from filmmaking and i think he made a smart move by selling his company and property to Disney.

Lucas had a friendship with Disney for a long time as he was one of the first kids to be at Disneyland when it first opened and he made those cool attractions based on Indy and SW at the parks especially Captain EO. Pixar was once one of his companies before Disney bought them in 2006 and i'm sure Disney will take good care of his company as he is now supporting his new family.

Afterall Disney did wonders with other properties they acquired like Marvel, Pixar, Ghibli and The Muppets and they also own ESPN and ABC which is nice. And they'll treat Lucasfilm/SW/Indy with respect like those other brands i mentioned.

Plus they hired GOOD writers especially the talented Michael Arndt who did the great screenplay to Toy Story 3 and a fine director for episode 7 who stated he is more SW fan than Star Trek fan as he is leaving ST for something he is more comfortable with. Lucas is out of the picture without his control and both Indiana Jones/SW are in good hands.

Plus we'll get SW/Indy/Lucasfilmland soon at Disneyworld which should be awesome and should come out 2016. Next we'll get some new SW toons with possibly a Indy toon (i can dream can i?) with new Lucasfilm stuff like maybe a Monkey Island animated movie.

And i hear this will be filmed in ACTUAL locations than all digital like the prequels and filmed on film rather than digital and will have LESS CGI but not too much but mainly practical effects (they did a comeback with Evil Dead remake) to be in the spirit of the old trilogy including a reunion of the original cast.

Soon Fox and Disney will join forces for a boxset in 2020 featuring the unaltered cuts now that they are out of Lucas's hands.

I'm glad Lawrence is back writing the screenplays.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    with new Lucasfilm stuff like maybe a Monkey Island animated movie.
    Man. How cool would that be? Sadly, I doubt we'll ever see anything from Monkey Island ever again unless, by some strange and mystical alignment of the stars, adventure games become popular again. I'd LOVE to be wrong though. Monkey Island 1 and 2 are my absolute favorite games of all time. Maybe they'll sell the rights back to Ron Gilbert.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mister_e View Post
    Man. How cool would that be? Sadly, I doubt we'll ever see anything from Monkey Island ever again unless, by some strange and mystical alignment of the stars, adventure games become popular again. I'd LOVE to be wrong though. Monkey Island 1 and 2 are my absolute favorite games of all time. Maybe they'll sell the rights back to Ron Gilbert.
    Yes maybe they might and i'd love to see the Monkey Island animated movie done in the same kind of animation used on MLP Friendship is Magic/Paperman and it could be one of Disney/Lucasfilm's biggest hits now that Disney made a comeback now.
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; November 12, 2013 at 12:46am.

Heroic Warrior

release date of 12-18-15

Is Disney Crazy? A Star Wars Release Rant

What is going on with Disney and this Star Wars December release date? I ask my friends about it and they don't find it odd. But it seems weird that Disney, the smart people of Disney would release THE biggest movie of the year a week before christmas.

1> First lets look at the merchandise side of this. Hasbro and Disney are going to want to CASH in on the Star Wars toys. Its a HUGE part of Star Wars and biggest than any other movie toy line. So why would Disney release this 1 week before Christmas? Doesn't to seem better to get the movie out in the summer and by the start of christmas season have people kids and even adult collectors screaming for Star Wars toys?

2>It also seems like Disney would want to release Star Wars in the summer that way they can cash in big time on a DVD release of its biggest movie at Christmas. Right now that plan in December so that puts the DVD maybe March or April?

3>Sure big movies come out during December, like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Avatar. First off as big as those movies are they are NOT Star Wars. They do not drive the Action Figure, Lego, etc, etc sales as Star Wars does.

My feelings is Disney can't make the summer 2015 release, so they said December. This gives them room to move it up to summer is case it is ready and if not they can move it to the summer.

Can someone give me a good business reason to release it a week before Christmas? My only reason is cause the summer is full of other movies and it has to compete with that, however this is Star Wars. It will be one of the top 2 movies, if not number 1, and Disney knows that. No sequel set for 2015 can compete with it. On a business side I can not see a reason for Dec 2015.

help me out, cause i am not falling for the Disney lie.
    Get words of wisdom from the man that is prefect, He-man! https://twitter.com/HeManWisdoms

Maybe they don't want to compete with themselves (Avengers 2)?

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Maybe they don't want to compete with themselves (Avengers 2)?
    I can see that, but why not release one in early May and the other in June. Looking on upcoming release it seems like on Disney end it be better to move Star Wars to 2016. It doesn't seem, right now, as big of a summer and no Avengers or even Ironman to compete with.

I will be VERY shocked if the date stays for Dec. But maybe i am dumb
    Get words of wisdom from the man that is prefect, He-man! https://twitter.com/HeManWisdoms

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    It's because they shot themselves in the foot. When Disney bought Lucasfilm, they expressly stated they would be releasing the next Star Wars film in 2015. And by God, their gonna do it even it turns out crap, apparently.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    George Lucas:

See, I've been telling people all along that Lucas isn't some kind of money-hungry megalomaniac. Save that title for Rupert Murdoch. Of course, seeing this statement still won't stop a lot of people from believing Lucas to be the Devil Incarnate. Some of the comments in this thread astound me.

Anyway, sadly, we can kiss goodbye to the EU. At least everything that takes place after ROTJ.
    that explains why no new books have been out. Thankfully, I'm glad. I've read all but the latest 5.....and except for a few gems, you could skip most of it.
    Especially anything written by that guy who did the dark saber and tales books. As I remember, he was the brannon braga of the star wars galaxy, falling back on un used super weapons rather than time travel .

any articles on where it officially states eu is history?
    Last edited by Shredder; November 11, 2013 at 11:35am.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    There will be a flood of Star Wars merchandise hitting store shelves months before this movie debuts. I remember the "preview" figures from Episodes II and III coming out significantly before the films hit theatres, I had a Jango Fett on my figure shelf quite a while before the movie was on the big screen. I think that Avengers will rule the summer and early fall, with Star Wars easily meeting or exceeding it in the late fall/winter. And for a die-hard massive Marvel fan, that hurts to admit, but this is Star Wars we're talking about...

I don't think waiting until December is a bad thing. I say take your time and make the best movie you can.

I think Disney now owning Lucasfilm is a good thing, they have the money to dedicate to it and if they actually invest in things like sets, props and back off on making the whole movie minus one person in the frame CGI I think it will turn out well. I just watched Ep.II the other night and the number one thing I noticed was that it has not held up over time. The backgrounds are frequently obviously not "actually" there and it's distracting.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Yes but your a collector/adult. No 7 year old is going to be screaming for ships and figures to a movie has hasn't seen

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyGold View Post
    1> First lets look at the merchandise side of this. Hasbro and Disney are going to want to CASH in on the Star Wars toys. Its a HUGE part of Star Wars and biggest than any other movie toy line. So why would Disney release this 1 week before Christmas? Doesn't to seem better to get the movie out in the summer and by the start of christmas season have people kids and even adult collectors screaming for Star Wars toys?
    This is a very valid point; the merchandising money has historically and likely will continue to be as big a financial force, if not bigger, than the actual revenue from the films. This is the difference between this franchise and most others; it is as big in merchandising as it is in theaters (Batman is the only other property I can think of with equal merchandising clout). Other major releases around Christmas are not merchandising juggernauts like Star Wars; not having a movie and the merchandise to go along with it already out well ahead of the Christmas shopping season is foolhardy. I would be very surprised to see the December date stick; it will likely be moved back to perhaps late summer. I also doubt they'll postpone it; the buzz around pushing GI Joe 2 to the next year did that movie and franchise little good (and likely hurt the overall merchandising revenue, as well).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

There is also a difference in movie being pushed back because it's unfinished, and the studio just decides to change the movie. GI Joe was ready to be released on time, but they decided to make changes to it because it was found out Channing Tatum the star of the first movie was barely in the movie and dies right a way. That is what I recall happened there. And seems about right, stores already had the figures, the commercials all said it was coming out in a few weeks then it got yanked.

However Disney shouldn't have committed to a year of release, something like 'We will start preproduction right away and could have a movie out as soon as the last quarter of 2015,' is what they should have said.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Oh great. As if episode 1,2 & 3 weren't bad enough. I'm not against expanding the universe... I'm against weak story telling, unimaginative plots & horrible acting.

I cannot wait for the internet to explode with nerd rage once released. It'll be a better show than the movie!

Well they did hired a fine director and a couple of good writers plus i hear this will have practical effects with little CGI and make-up effects plus ACTUAL locations to be filmed in like the OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    I just saw this elsewhere and I thought someone was pulling a prank. Guess not! Lucasfilm and Disney have had a relationship already as Disney has Star Tours in their parks, so this makes sense from that perspective. Where Disney will take it will be quite interesting. I have to wonder where an Episode VII will fit!
    They also did the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland with the stunt show at Disneyworld and Captain EO don't forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gibbs View Post
    If they treat it like Marvel then i'm all for this, and keeping Lucas away is great! out of the Prequels only ROTS was half way decent

I hope, no i PRAY that 7,8 and 9 are based on the Thawn Trillogy, that way we introduce the Solo kids who can become the main stars, the original cast can return in some form and be cameo's except Mark Hamil who is a god he can always be in it!

Lots of the Expanded Universe is really good, but lots is terribly, but the apt word here is lots, there are so many stories to pull from they could easily start with one as a basis and begin a new canon, lets just avoid crazy things like killing chewie and the likes of mara jade..... wonder who could play her

epic news mainly because lucas has ruined the franchise, Disney can only make it better, there at rock bottom now so the only way is up
    Besides Marvel, what do you think of Disney owning Pixar? they also do hands off on Pixar and leave them alone to let them be Pixar you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I don't see why so many people seem to doom and gloom about this. As a few other's have said, how much worse can it be than what Lucas has already done to it? For the most part the prequels were a joke. Even Episode III, while being the most praised of the prequels and being far better than the other two still had a HUGE array of problems. Now there's a chance of getting some Star Wars movies made by people who can actually write dialog and direct actors in saying it.

Hell, I almost wish they'd just go back and redo the prequels from scratch.

And if this means that there's any chance of getting the original versions of the original Trilogy properly restored and releases on Blu-Ray, that would be awesome!

The only thing about this that will be potentially weird is having new Star Wars movies released with a Disney logo coming up instead of 20th Century Fox. That's going to be hard to get used to!
    Did you also think Lucas also ruined Indiana Jones with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull besides the SW prequels?

And why does everyone forget about Indiana Jones? he's also a Lucasfilm property and i'm sure with Disney/Paramount/Lucasfilm joining forces together we can get a decent sequel that ignores Kingdom.

And who thinks it would be cool to have SW, Indiana Jones, Captain EO and Willow worlds in a Kingdom Hearts game? i mean Darth Vader, Mola Ram (he does have a love for taking people's hearts out), Darth Maul and Queen Bavamorda would make good baddies for KH plus having Yoda, the Brownies, Short Round and EO's pet alien Fuzzball as summons.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Duck Man View Post
    There will be a flood of Star Wars merchandise hitting store shelves months before this movie debuts. I remember the "preview" figures from Episodes II and III coming out significantly before the films hit theatres, I had a Jango Fett on my figure shelf quite a while before the movie was on the big screen. I think that Avengers will rule the summer and early fall, with Star Wars easily meeting or exceeding it in the late fall/winter. And for a die-hard massive Marvel fan, that hurts to admit, but this is Star Wars we're talking about...
    This.

Look at how long we've had the Thor 2 toys out on shelves (also Hasbro). The release date of the movie seems to have no bearing on when the toys hit the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyGold View Post
    Yes but your a collector/adult. No 7 year old is going to be screaming for ships and figures to a movie has hasn't seen
    Disagree with this too...

Most 7 year olds are hyped about anything and everything with the star wars label on it. regardless if they've seen it before or not. It's new. They don't have it... they NEED it!!!

Star wars has evolved past 'word of mouth'. It's a phenomon all to itself. The toys sell more on the merit of 'it's star wars' then they do on 'It was a GOOD star wars character.' That can HELP... but look at all the 3rd, 4th, and 5th string characters and vehicles that got made for the prequels. Seeing the movies first didn't do those toys any favors :P

But yeah, the reasoning behind it has to be Avengers and Marvel in general. They OWN the summer the last few years and it's crazy to compete with yourselves over the same audience. Superhero summer works. Until it DOESN'T work... Don't expect them to make any changes... And frankly it's more then JUST Avengers. ALL the marvel shows are dominating lately and disney has been spreading THEM out a bit to maximize profit.

Lord of the Rings, Twilight, hunger games, Harry potter... these have all been major money making franchises that all release in the november/december wasteland of 'oscar wannabes' It's also a time of christmas vacation and kids off school and looking for distractions.

It also puts ALLLLLLL the star wars toys fresh in the kids minds when they're on santa's lap. So really, december is an ideal time for a show like this.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it's refreshing to have an Xmas release date as there's too much competition against Disney's other owned studios Marvel and Pixar's own blockbusters being Avengers 2 and Finding Dory to other stuff like ID4 part 2, Jurassic Park 4 etc. and not to mention Disney's own Marvel and Lucasfilm having 2 blockbusters to dominate Thanksgiving and Xmas known as AntMan and Star Wars episode 7.

But does Disney have any plans for Indy 5 as well?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Did you also think Lucas also ruined Indiana Jones with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull besides the SW prequels?
    Kind of/sort of. My feelings on Crystal Skull are mixed.

There are certainly some really stupid things going on in that movie. For one thing I am of the mind frame that aliens don't belong in an Indiana Jones movie. That being said, I probably could have accepted it if it had been handled better. Indy at one point makes the observation/conclusion that these beings desired and respected knowledge, pointing to the items in that temple or whatever as evidence... even though those items were randomly strune about the room with no obvious filing or organizational system to speak of.

Then there was the pointless ending. They are in that room inside of what turns out to be the alien ship where 13 alien skeletons surround the room, one with it's head missing. The head is put back on that one, which for whatever reason causes them to start spinning and the 13 skeletons merge into a full alien being for a reason that is never explained to the best I can recall. Indy tells his friends they need to get out of there, and Cate Blanchet's character is incinerated shortly there after. So... presumably this means that Indy and his friends would have been as well if they would have stayed, but one would think that if this was a being of intelligence and respecting knowledge, it would want to have a friendly, peaceful interaction with someone like Indy. It was a lot of build up to a climax that raised more questions than it answered.

And I didn't care much for Shia Lebouf's character (not that I otherwise mind Indy having a son).

All of that being said, what I do like about the movie is that in many ways (though not perfectly), it has a tone more akin to Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade. Of the original 3 movies, Temple of Doom has always sort of been the 'red headed step child' of the series to me. Not that I hate it, but it is my least favorite of the original 3 and it has a different 'vibe' than the other two. Crystal Skull had some aspects similar to those two movies that Temple didn't.

And I will go on record as saying that I actually liked the infamous "nuke the fridge" scene. As over the top and unbelievable as it may be (though supposedly Lucas consulted some scientists/experts who said that there would be some chance of survival, so take that for what you will), I found it to be very much in line with Indiana Jones. I mean, how believable is it for his whip to do exactly what he wants in almost every situation, particularly when he uses it to swing across big open areas? It grasps perfectly to whatever he swings it at almost every time, it holds his weight with almost no problem and doesn't unexpectedly come loose, but then when he's done a slight tug is all it takes for it to unravel. The whip thing isn't a complaint on my part, mind you... just an example of the kind of stuff that is normal for Indiana Jones. To me the 'nuke the fridge' scene was in line with that.

But overall I do think Lucas is off his rocker. In watching some of the bonus features on the second disc of the Crystal Skull Blu-Ray, and hearing the things that Lucas wanted to do with the film (which would have had a much more heavy alien presence in the film, and one of the proposed titles was "Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men"), it's amazing that what we got wasn't worse and that Spielberg was able to ground his ideas to the degree that he did.

Somewhere along the line, Lucas just pretty much lost it. While there's no guarantee of a better product now that the properties are in other hands, I would say that it's far more likely than if Lucas was still directly as the helm.

And why does everyone forget about Indiana Jones? he's also a Lucasfilm property and i'm sure with Disney/Paramount/Lucasfilm joining forces together we can get a decent sequel that ignores Kingdom.
    While there has been talks of Indy 5, and while I wouldn't mind it if it were good, Indiana Jones just doesn't have the same legs that Star Wars has.

Clearly they were hoping that it would come close with Crystal Skull came out and they had that line of action figures that ultimately didn't sell all that well (at least not on the same level as Star Wars with the deep roster of characters that come out with it).

Harrison Ford isn't exactly getting any younger, so even if they do manage to get a 5th off the ground and my some miracle squeeze out a 6th one, there isn't a huge future to be had with Indiana Jones. At least not without rebooting it and/or casting another actor in the titular role, which of course would cause a **** storm of controversy (and rightfully so). Even though Crystal Skull did well at the box office, I just think that unlike Star Wars, which really has HUGE multi-generational appeal, Indiana Jones appeals more to those who were around to see the original trilogy when those films were current. Now for the most part they are remembered by those who grew up with them, and generally speaking are at best casually recognized, if recognized at all, by the younger generation.

And who thinks it would be cool to have SW, Indiana Jones, Captain EO and Willow worlds in a Kingdom Hearts game? i mean Darth Vader, Mola Ram (he does have a love for taking people's hearts out), Darth Maul and Queen Bavamorda would make good baddies for KH plus having Yoda, the Brownies, Short Round and EO's pet alien Fuzzball as summons.
    NO! I don't want any "acquired" properties in Kingdom Hearts! Only movies and characters (including Disney incarnation of otherwise general fairy tail characters) made and created by and for Disney.... including Pixar... though thus far the KH games have leaned more so to the non-Pixar side of things and would sort of like it to stay that way since Disney Infinity has been so Pixar heavy. Though I won't complain about the inclusion of Pixar characters.

Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Marvel.... These are NOT Disney branded properties! They are other properties that Disney just now happens to own. If they want to do some kind of completely brand new video game franchise where they crossover, have at it. But I don't want to see them in heavily Disney branded games like Kingdom Hearts or Disney Infinity.

I wouldn't mind a Captain EO reference since that was a Disney-specific attraction, but I doubt they would go through too much trouble with that since it's not exactly something heavily recognized in the public eye these days.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; November 12, 2013 at 04:50pm.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, and Avatar movies were released in December. I think they are hoping that less competition that will allow them to dominate several weeks rather than just one or two weeks if released in the summer.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, and Avatar movies were released in December. I think they are hoping that less competition that will allow them to dominate several weeks rather than just one or two weeks if released in the summer.

I believe that is what they are doing.

I'm trying to go by memory and I don't have the links handy but I read that the May 22, 2015 was given to a movie called Tomorrow World. Now that date is what #7 could have had. Now I never heard of this Tomorrow World nor have I done any reasearch on it. So there is no going back.

I suppose they could have set it for Thanksgiving weekend. Ate to much Turkey? Come see star wars. Don't feel like doing any X-Mas shopping? Come see star wars.

It's good planning on their part. Plus I imagine Disney wants to get as much money as they can so they can get their money's worth. and as soon as possible.

It almost seems like a to prong strategy.

I am just not to happy about going out in the cold to go see it.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    There is also a difference in movie being pushed back because it's unfinished, and the studio just decides to change the movie. GI Joe was ready to be released on time, but they decided to make changes to it because it was found out Channing Tatum the star of the first movie was barely in the movie and dies right a way. That is what I recall happened there. And seems about right, stores already had the figures, the commercials all said it was coming out in a few weeks then it got yanked.
    Actually, that was a minor point. The main thing was to make it 3-D; after Battleship sank, they were worried about getting every possible dime out of Joe 2 and making sure it didn't suffer the same fate. Battleship tanking gave the folks behind the Hasbro movies quite a scare.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Actually, that was a minor point. The main thing was to make it 3-D; after Battleship sank, they were worried about getting every possible dime out of Joe 2 and making sure it didn't suffer the same fate. Battleship tanking gave the folks behind the Hasbro movies quite a scare.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting they made a Battleship movie. I heard the movie might have done better if it was named something else and wasn't tied to the game.