Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Star Wars Episode 7 Discussion/Lucasfilm bought by Disney

Some new faces and old faces...but Max Von Sydow!!! Holy.... I'm in!

I just want Sam Jones to show up in a cameo with Sydow, now.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I'm pretty pleased with the cast so far, Glad I've not heard of most of them and glad there's no overly fake "pretty" people in there.
    I really hope Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker get additional cameo roles so we can get their actual face on screen in a SW movie, much like Anthony Daniels, Warwick Davis, Jeremy bullock and Ahmed Best got in the PT.
    Oh and I'd put money on Warwick Davis getting a role even if it's just a cameo.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    And part of me just died.
    Actually, he probably first comes to mind to me for the Seventh Seal, but he's been in a bunch of iconic roles.

I heard a wacky thought that he could possibly play Obi-Wan (in spirit form, of course), which I hope is not the case. I'm really curious to see to who he ends up as.

It occurs to me that John Boyega resembles a young Billy Dee Williams a little bit. I wonder if maybe there's a Lando connection with that character?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I have a confession to make: I have never had any problem with Anakin and Padme's relationship.

Wait, wait, let me explain!!!!

See, I knew several couples like them in college! You'd have these two kids who were really sheltered growing up (possibly homeschooled, or maybe just late bloomers), who made it to college and then had their FIRST CRUSH... with each other. And since neither of them really had a clue, they misinterpreted it as TWU WUV, and for the whole four years, they would become completely insufferable. And stiff and awkward. In fact, anybody looking on the outside could tell that they just weren't right for each other. But hey, there's no arguing with messed-up concepts of romance, so these kids would stay together, get engaged their senior year, get married practically the day after graduation...

...And end in a messy divorce shortly thereafter.

Concerning anakin and Padme, two sheltered people who didn't quite know how the world worked (one was homeschooled, the other was just so busy that her own parents commented on how she barely ever dated anybody ever) suddenly decided that they must be in love. Any outsider could see that this relationship was a terrible idea, but eh, nobody and nothing could convince them. And the end result? A huge mess.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow. I really like your line of thinking.

I never thought of that.

She:A fomer ruler/leader. She didn't have time for it.
    He:Soldier. keeper of piece. Strict rules prevented it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    I have a confession to make: I have never had any problem with Anakin and Padme's relationship.

Wait, wait, let me explain!!!!

See, I knew several couples like them in college! You'd have these two kids who were really sheltered growing up (possibly homeschooled, or maybe just late bloomers), who made it to college and then had their FIRST CRUSH... with each other. And since neither of them really had a clue, they misinterpreted it as TWU WUV, and for the whole four years, they would become completely insufferable. And stiff and awkward. In fact, anybody looking on the outside could tell that they just weren't right for each other. But hey, there's no arguing with messed-up concepts of romance, so these kids would stay together, get engaged their senior year, get married practically the day after graduation...

Concerning anakin and Padme, two sheltered people who didn't quite know how the world worked (one was homeschooled, the other was just so busy that her own parents commented on how she barely ever dated anybody ever) suddenly decided that they must be in love. Any outsider could see that this relationship was a terrible idea, but eh, nobody and nothing could convince them. And the end result? A huge mess.

I mean... look at their relationship. It was built on lies from the beginning, and there never really had a point where there wasn't some big, gigantic elephant in the room saying "THIS IS A BAD IDEA," starting with the Sand People and ending all the way up to the point when he force-choked her.

Heroic Warrior
    I blame a lot on Anakin's high metachlorine(sp?).

I think his high meachlorine made him short tempered and easy to manipulate. If you prefer to say "moody" I can't and won't argue that. I just can't say he was emotionally unstable.

I mean... look at their relationship. It was built on lies from the beginning, and there never really had a point where there wasn't some big, gigantic elephant in the room saying "THIS IS A BAD IDEA," starting with the Sand People and ending all the way up to the point when he force-choked her.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I just want Sam Jones to show up in a cameo with Sydow, now.
    LOL or maybe Linda Blair (Exorcist)
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

It's been seven years my friend, so I can happily say this now ...

You've just summed up near-10 years of my life. That's exactly what I did. There's an Eminem song about it too (... "For all the fools who fell for the first girl who comes their way
    I've been down that road and now I'm back, sittin' on square one
    Tryna pick myself up where I started from).

Of course, now things are different, and I have my own family.

I can laugh about it now...

Heroic Warrior

working title?

Well, I guess the rumor, which got shot down quickly, was that the working title was The Ancient Fear.

I just red one of the zillion notes about Episode VII and started wondering: Do I really want to see Han, Luke & Leia aged?
    Shall the new batch of heroes empathize with me?

I started looking at the picture of Harrison Ford next to Abrams and remembered last Indiana Jones. I hated that movie.
    I know it is not an aged Indiana but the whole plot, movie and new characters (and some old characters as well) that disappointed me; although I can't deny that it is quite like a downer to see a hero from my childhood not being the same as a young adult, unless it is Batman in Dark Knight Returns or all of the Justice Society, however those are comics and not real people getting older. People who has been immortalized on the screen and shall never age, as the hero from legends.

I know that I'm getting old and my sense of wonder has diminished, not getting grumpy (or maybe I am), but I Star Wars have been the movie or the trilogy that defined modern sci-fi cinema and most of gen-x (to call it in a way) people.

I do wish that these movies shall be awesome, but I doubt that anyone over 30 may prefer Episodes I-II-III instead of the Original Trilogy; even though there was a really great casting, but except maybe for a couple of characters, most of them pales in comparison to other characters.

Abrams is helming these upcoming films and he has done it already with the neighbor "Trek" franchise; how's that worked for all the original series and movie fans?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

The problem with the Padme and Anakin relationship is the fact the first movie was waste of development. The fact you can watch the other five movies without episode 1 and lose no plot, character development or shows where the problem lies. If Episodes 2 and 3 were spread over three movies with some of the stuff from the Clone Wars series to help fill in it, there wouldn't have been the complaining we got.

The relationship is/was fine, it's the fact that it's basically a montage that's a problem. Never montage a relationship that's supposed to be a big part of the story and in the center of the story. (montage one at the start of a story to catch people up is different).
    Last edited by wyldman11; May 9, 2014 at 07:33pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    I don't look at it as do I want to see and old Luke, Leia & Han? Nor do I want to see an old Mark, Carrie & Harrison?

I looked at it as will I see the characters at all? We all know the answer to that now. But I was to interested in other things about the movie than to worry about the age of the character or the actor/actress.

What they are going to do is the best thing. How do I know? You know that saying about pleasing all the people? Well, that.

Scenerio 1:If we go from the start of 7 to the end of 9 with the children/next generation/whatever. I see people going, especially in #7, who the florp are these people? they will have no invested interest in this. Thus you lose the people who grew up on 4,5 & 6.

Scenerio 2:Make it to much of the original crew you lose people who read the books.

so it's time to split the difference. Make it a passing of the torch kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I just red one of the zillion notes about Episode VII and started wondering: Do I really want to see Han, Luke & Leia aged?

I started looking at the picture of Harrison Ford next to Abrams and remembered last Indiana Jones. I hated that movie.
    I know it is not an aged Indiana but the whole plot, movie and new characters (and some old characters as well) that disappointed me; although I can't deny that it is quite like a downer to see a hero from my childhood not being the same as a young adult, unless it is Batman in Dark Knight Returns or all of the Justice Society, however those are comics and not real people getting older. People who has been immortalized on the screen and shall never age, as the hero from legends.

I know that I'm getting old and my sense of wonder has diminished, not getting grumpy (or maybe I am), but I Star Wars have been the movie or the trilogy that defined modern sci-fi cinema and most of gen-x (to call it in a way) people.

I do wish that these movies shall be awesome, but I doubt that anyone over 30 may prefer Episodes I-II-III instead of the Original Trilogy; even though there was a really great casting, but except maybe for a couple of characters, most of them pales in comparison to other characters.

Abrams is helming these upcoming films and he has done it already with the neighbor "Trek" franchise; how's that worked for all the original series and movie fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post

While I think Abrams has trouble mounting a satisfying climax--all his films have ended with kind of a thud for me--I still think one of the best things in Abrams's work is his eye for casting. The casting of Alias, Fringe, and Lost was the biggest reasons I kept watching those as long as I did. Perhaps more impressively he assembled a very likable crew for Star Trek--something I thought would be impossible in the shadow of the original--and I thought he used them effectively even though I still disliked elements of both plots. Even Cumberbatch was good despite how misguided I found the use of Khan in Into Darkness. And while I have seen him age on screen, Nimoy was very easy to accept in his role as the elderly Spock. So I'm encouraged that the cast should shine in this and the big three will be better than Ford was returning as Indy. I'm tempted to say if Abrams can't make the old favorites look good even after all this time then no one could.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I hope Lando has a cameo.

Heroic Warrior
    Gollum and Father Marrin in this movie? nice!
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I hope Lando has a cameo.
    He was just on Glee and not looking too good so I don't know if I want nursing home Lando in there or not.....love the character though!

Wow. Now Lupita Nyong'o and Brienne of Tarth herself are in the cast!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/323...star-wars-cast
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I am so happy Abrams is seemingly wanting to go "old school" with what endeared so many people with the original trilogy by using more practical effects. Lord knows he will get better acting out of the leads than Lucas did from most of the actors in the prequel trilogy.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Wow. Now Lupita Nyong'o and Brienne of Tarth herself are in the cast!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/323...star-wars-cast
    Very cool. I can't wait until we find out more about who is playing who.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    He was just on Glee and not looking too good so I don't know if I want nursing home Lando in there or not.....love the character though!
    Come on Lando HAS to be there somewhere.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I agree we need to see Lando come back in this trilogy.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I am so happy Abrams is seemingly wanting to go "old school" with what endeared so many people with the original trilogy by using more practical effects. Lord knows he will get better acting out of the leads than Lucas did from most of the actors in the prequel trilogy.
    If only he didn't have to ruin star trek to get to star wars. I would have been able to stomach it if he didn't destroy vulcan and romulus.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV