Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode 7 Discussion/Lucasfilm bought by Disney

Losing everything that happened after ROTJ is a sick thought It is such a rich and long story to lose it all.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Maybe this means that the unedited original trilogy films will start getting released again.

Well, Episode 7 can't be any worse than the Prequels, right?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

New movies, new tv shows. If its anything close to what Disney has been able to do with Marvel I will be pleased

Also I don't think the EU is dead, too much money to be made and Disney are the kings of allowing non-canon things to go on. If anything the EU might actually be utilized, we might finally get a Thrawn trilogy movie series or direct to dvd animation.

People who loved the EU complained constantly about Lucas treatment of them, now they can just complain about Disney being the ones screwing them out of what they want.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Can't be good news for Dark Horse.
    I don't see the "darker" TV series aimed at an older audience going ahead.
    The EU wont die, it will just be rebooted

Last edited by 13977; October 30, 2012 at 06:23pm.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

First and only time I've ever been disappointed with George Lucas. Why did it have to be Disney...the dark times are upon us.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    The only SW film that interests me is Episode IV. Let's hope Disney now have the rights to the original and will release it on Blu-Ray... Apart from that, I'm more a Star Trek person

Let's also hope that Disney's future projects don't include "Mos Eisley High, where pre-teen Luke & Biggs have zany adventures with love-sick girls as they try to outwit Principal Dunderlinger the Hutt"
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

This could go either way, but really, could it possibly be any worse than Episode I with JarJar. Common.

Hmm, maybe they'll bring back Aayla Secura.

Lucas had a great idea. I found Star Wars magical and I enjoyed the original triology, well maybe not the last one..eh. But I think the torch does need to be passed on.

Anyway I'm excited or cautiously optimistic.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Warrior
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I love Star Wars and Disney, but this isn't right. They better not screw it up.

As long as the ORIGINAL Star Wars trilogy is released on blu-ray (and not the crappy special editions) and the Droids and Ewoks animated series are on dvd (not made into two movies each), I'll be happy.

The way I see it, now, rather then the creator of Jarjar binks being in control of a Galaxy Far Far away, it's the company behind The Avengers, and The Muppets. Not sure how anyone would have a problem with this.

If they treat it like Marvel then i'm all for this, and keeping Lucas away is great! out of the Prequels only ROTS was half way decent

I hope, no i PRAY that 7,8 and 9 are based on the Thawn Trillogy, that way we introduce the Solo kids who can become the main stars, the original cast can return in some form and be cameo's except Mark Hamil who is a god he can always be in it!

Lots of the Expanded Universe is really good, but lots is terribly, but the apt word here is lots, there are so many stories to pull from they could easily start with one as a basis and begin a new canon, lets just avoid crazy things like killing chewie and the likes of mara jade..... wonder who could play her

epic news mainly because lucas has ruined the franchise, Disney can only make it better, there at rock bottom now so the only way is up

star wars movie for 2015, justice league movie for 2015 ...hmm competition will be very hard for motu movie.: Hmlol:
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

I hated Thawn, and I only limped my way through about half way through the first book.

As for Mara Jade she can stay away, in my opinion.

I think the addition of Solo kids are needed, but I think it should be someone totally different than what is going on now, or what went on with the books. And I think Luke should stay single.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I love most of the EU but I'm sure little if anything from the current EU will make it into any future films. I mean look at whats made it in to The Clone Wars series from the EU, a few minor characters (that were changed), some planets (that were changed) and some ships and designs but nothing major really. But to be honest, if they must do more films the best way to go is probably not to base them on existing EU stories and events and have it be its own canon.

Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    Let's also hope that Disney's future projects don't include "Mos Eisley High, where pre-teen Luke & Biggs have zany adventures with love-sick girls as they try to outwit Principal Dunderlinger the Hutt"
    See now thats the sort of thing I'm afraind is going to happen.

Unfortunately I can really see the three Solo kids and their adventures at Galaxy High happening.
    Last edited by 13977; October 30, 2012 at 06:31pm.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I hated Thawn, and I only limped my way through about half way through the first book.

As for Mara Jade she can stay away, in my opinion.

I think the addition of Solo kids are needed, but I think it should be someone totally different than what is going on now, or what went on with the books. And I think Luke should stay single.
    Hear hear!

Heroic Warrior
    If they finally release the unedited versions of the original trilogy then I will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    The way I see it, now, rather then the creator of Jarjar binks being in control of a Galaxy Far Far away, it's the company behind The Avengers, and The Muppets. Not sure how anyone would have a problem with this.
    That touches precisely on the problem. The Muppets, Marvel, Pixar, ABC, ESPN, now Lucasfilm, and lord knows what else. Too much media control, franshises, and entertainment being further concentrated into the hands of a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    First and only time I've ever been disappointed with George Lucas. Why did it have to be Disney...the dark times are upon us.
    Did you not see The Avengers?!??!?!? Seriously, WHAT is up with people thinking this is such bad news? I'm not saying we're guraranteed great movies or that it won't got the route of Pirates, but my God, after the prequels and that last Indiana-one-of-the-worst-movies-ever-made-Jones, what were the fans holding onto?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

People were scared when they bought Marvel too. So far, Disney has been very smart about this. I don't think Lucas is the devil. He seems well meaning. I just don't think he's talented enough to further the franchise. If anything, this will open up the possibilities that Lucas kept closing down.

Honestly, this may be one of the BEST things that could have happened for Starwars.The best stuff that has come out in recent memory are things that Lucas didn't have his hands in alot (see: Clonewars cartoon series from 2004). It IS time for SW to be handed over to other creators like Lucas stated in the announcement. I for one, am VERY excited about this news

Heroic Warrior
    This awesome news. The franchise will live for ever. EVER. Thank you Mr Lucas for not letting the franchise dye.

I always wanted movies beyond Jedi.

You know what that means? more kick A figures. and who knows what else. Nice.

This is a non sarcasm post. seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Did you not see The Avengers?!??!?!? Seriously, WHAT is up with people thinking this is such bad news? I'm not saying we're guraranteed great movies or that it won't got the route of Pirates, but my God, after the prequels and that last Indiana-one-of-the-worst-movies-ever-made-Jones, what were the fans holding onto?
    No I did not see the Avengers, and the quality of films isn't my issue, as my last post stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    First and only time I've ever been disappointed with George Lucas.
    I know what you mean. I stood proudly by him when EVERY fanboy turned on him when he released that crappy Prequel Trilogy and this is what I get for my loyalty?

Is it ALL about money? His struggle to get SW to the screen, the passion he once displayed... all gone in one sad, desperate pen stroke.

Honestly, whether we admit it or not, HALF the reason we are here can be traced back to this man's first toy deal with Kenner. Star Wars toys PROVED that action figures can sell enormous amounts.

I know it's geeky, but I am pretty much stunned this afternoon by this news.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    But it's also the company that tried their best to kill their JOHN CARTER OF MARS movie (and despite those efforts the film has managed to inspire a sturdy fandom where it's not uncommon for people to have seen the movie over a dozen times in the theaters). Edgar Rice Burrough's Barsoom is the pure wellspring from which Star Wars finds it's genesis -- the opening of ROTJ (rescuing Han) is even Lucas's own homage to ERB's Barsoom (specifically A PRINCESS OF MARS).

Even with that said, I agree that there's plenty of great potential in the future. THE AVENGERS was great, I enjoyed the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, the National Treasure movies were fun, I very much liked JOHN CARTER despite the stranglehold put on it (not to say that Stanton couldn't have done some things better), and I'm hopeful about the upcoming LONE RANGER movie (which if nothing else already seems worlds better than Seth Rogen's GREEN HORNET).

P.S. In retrospect, I wonder if this deal to acquire Lucasfilm was a major component in Disney execs stifling of JOHN CARTER? I could see Disney execs asking themselves 'why go through the (minimal) effort to make people aware of JOHN CARTER when we're working on a deal to buy STAR WARS?'. Deals like this never happen overnight, they get worked on for months and Disney and Lucasfilm could easily have been working on this late last year when Disney should have been starting the main advertising push for JOHN CARTER. Just wondering out loud, so to speak, as only a Disney exec, or some other insider, would have the pieces for more than pure speculation.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; October 30, 2012 at 07:27pm.

I am very excited about this. I can't believe that it happened. I thought that a third trilogy was never going to happen.

Now, I need to clear off some more shelves for the new SW toys.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Bleeding cool reports that Fox has retained rights to all 6 previous films. On phone cant post the link.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost