Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All female Ghostbusters?

All female Ghostbusters?

Apparently, thats what they want to do in this new reboot.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/8/69...-katie-dippold

Ugghhh, is all I have to say. I can't see it. I could have dealt with some of the old guys teaching a younger group. But I don't think I want to see an all female cast. Does that mean Jeanine will be played by a guy? Bill Murry is all for it, which of course he is. He has been dragging his feet for years now about a 3rd movie.

Thoughts?
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

A reboot is an OK idea, replacing some of the main cast with females is an Ok idea but that's all either one is by themselves.

I still say a third movie shouldn't be a reboot and open with a graveside service for Egon as they work to pass on the torch. This would have been a great opportunity to bring in some younger actors as the movie also has a meta aspect to it which many younger kids really get into these days.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    A reboot is an OK idea, replacing some of the main cast with females is an Ok idea but that's all either one is by themselves.

I still say a third movie shouldn't be a reboot and open with a graveside service for Egon as they work to pass on the torch. This would have been a great opportunity to bring in some younger actors as the movie also has a meta aspect to it which many younger kids really get into these days.
    Thats a really great idea. I think it would hit the older fans too. One could even be Egon's son, or maybe daughter.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

There was a show in the 90s called "Extreme Ghostbusters" basically it's the elder GB teaching some younger ones and one of them was a girl named "Kylie"
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by deltadod View Post
    There was a show in the 90s called "Extreme Ghostbusters" basically it's the elder GB teaching some younger ones and one of them was a girl named "Kylie"
    who sadly was a stereo typical goth. Like a normal girl couldn't get interested in all those type of things without dressing all in black or looking weird.

I've been given false hope since 1998. If it wasn't for that damn over rated (but good!) bill murray, we' d have something by now.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I would love to see the 'Trailer Park Boys' do it, or 'Kids in the Hall'.

Call me shallow.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Apparently, thats what they want to do in this new reboot.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/8/69...-katie-dippold

Ugghhh, is all I have to say. I can't see it. I could have dealt with some of the old guys teaching a younger group. But I don't think I want to see an all female cast. Does that mean Jeanine will be played by a guy? Bill Murry is all for it, which of course he is. He has been dragging his feet for years now about a 3rd movie.

Thoughts?
    I'd have to reserve judgment until I saw it, but it would be hard to top the originals.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return."
    - The Book of Eli

Sounds horrid.

Also looking at what movies the writer and director have both worked on makes this a VERY VERY VERY easy pass for me as they are all films I have avoided like they were the plague crossbred with ebola and with a liberal dose of HIV sprinkled on top.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

BEST

IDEA

EVER !

"Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Also the 80s toyline had three versions of Janine Melnitz (all in GB regalia)

And that's Why I failed to get into "Extreme Ghostbusters" The only reason I have a troy of her is for my "Female figures collection"
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    BEST

IDEA

EVER !

I'm more interested in what Scott's looking at in the background...
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    who sadly was a stereo typical goth. Like a normal girl couldn't get interested in all those type of things without dressing all in black or looking weird.

I've been given false hope since 1998. If it wasn't for that damn over rated (but good!) bill murray, we' d have something by now.
    I thought Kylie's goth look made perfect sense for her character. Her grandmother died, which led her to develop an obsession with the afterlife and the paranormal. Prior to that, she was a high school cheerleader.

I'm not keen on the franchise being rebooted, i'd much prefer a proper sequel. I heard that Ernie Hudson doesn't like the idea of an all new team much either.

I think it could be a fun idea, frankly. Just depends on the execution.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I have no interest in a reboot. Ghostbusters remains one of my favorite movies, and I really enjoy the sequel, too. I wasn't all that crazy about the concept of another sequel anyway - I think the video game was fantastic for that purpose - and once Harold Ramis died, I just didn't see the point.

Ghostbusters isn't one of those things (to me, anyway), that needs to be rebooted - I understand there's probably cash to be made, but there's no real "need" for a reboot. I also doubt anyone's ability to recapture the charm and humor of the original, and based on what I've seen about modern remakes, what passes for humor isn't even going to compare. (Kristen Wiig's name keeps coming up in connection with this, and she's someone who I could cheerfully go the rest of my life without ever seeing again.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Wish Hollywood would stop trying to dig up/reboot classic franchises and come up with some new ideas for once. I have no interest in a reboot OR a sequel to GB at this point. Wasn't a fan of 2, but the video game was awesome.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Now that would be interesting haaa
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

I personally, am all for it. Like all of these, as long as they respect the source material and don't mock it, it has potential to be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    As long as it is a good movie and at least one of the girls is good looking I will fine.

I think an all female ghostbusters could be cool. IDW had a mostly female team for a bit and it worked, it could be like "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Proton Packs" I think it really depends on casting
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    I think it really depends on casting
    With it being Katie Dippold and Paul Feig, I'd bet on it being a Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig vehicle.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by flutterina View Post
    I'm more interested in what Scott's looking at in the background...
    He's looking a the Masterpiece Transformers display case.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I'm with Ernie on this. This is a VERY bad idea, especially when it's now being stated that it's a complete reboot and will not even acknowledge the previous films.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/09/ernie-hudson-thinks-all-female-ghostbusters-is-a-bad-idea/

Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 9, 2014 at 10:29pm.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    With it being Katie Dippold and Paul Feig, I'd bet on it being a Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig vehicle.
    Which is what scares me the most... the idea of Melissa McCarthy being in it. This idea has enough potential problems without her name being thrown in the mix. But with her, it's a sure fire disaster waiting to happen IMO.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Heroic Warrior
    Lord, Melissa McCarthy, I hope not, she is just plane annoying.

I think it would be much cooler if they did tie it in to the old movies. Have the opening scene be Ray, Winston, and Peter on a ghost hunt. They get defeated by the ghosts, and realize they are too old and tired, and need to hire a new generation.

Cut to Ghostbusters tryouts, where potential candidates are run through a series of trials. Somehow it turns out that the four girls would be the best replacements. Old Ghostbusters stay back at the firehouse in an advisory role, maybe popping in every once in a while, and the new team goes into the field.

Hilarious hijinks ensue as the new girls learn the ropes. At some point, the old team is kidnapped by a powerful entity, and the new girls have to prove themselves and save them, and all NYC. And the do. Hooray and everyone's happy.