Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Play With This Too Announces Serpents of the Coiled Table 3-Pack

Widget

Play with this Too Lost Protectors Kickstarter now live.

Play With This Too, an upcoming Kickstarter-funded line of 6 inch sci-fantasy figures just announced one of their planned Kickstarter Stretch Goals:

It's Play With This Toosday! Every Tuesday from now until our crowd funding campaign begins in February 2015, we'll do reveals over our social networks. For our first "Toosday" reveal, here are our Serpents of the Coiled Table 3-pack. This concept was developed by Lord Trent of the Troop-lands and designed by Sir Steve the Redinger and Sir Aaron of House Archer.

"The Mysterious Serpents of the Coiled Table maintain order on their home-world of Aspalon. These fearsome cold-blooded warriors claim kinship with the snakes and serpent-men of all worlds and woe be to any man or machine that intervenes in their quests or, worse, goads them into battle.

Serving the will of their lord, King Adder, are Sir Pythanore, a wise and cunning aide to the King, Sir Fangramore LeVenomous, powerful lashing warrior of unequaled strength and a host of eager young viper squires ready to test their mettle and earn their honor."

Both Sir Pythanore and Sir Fangramore LeVenomous will be crowd funding exclusive characters. Additional Viper Squires will be available later on in different colors. The colors for the Viper Squire in this 3-pack will be exclusive to the set.
    The figures are designed with interchangeable parts for easy customization and the heads all work on the same ball-joint size that Mattel used on the MOTU Classics. The previously announced figures may be of interest to the MOTU-fandom as well (the Facebook page has a good rundown of these) especially Bloodbath and Desolataur.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am involved with the project. The Serpents of the Coiled Table are one of my contributions.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by TrentTroop; February 28, 2015 at 09:14pm. Reason: updating title

Heroic Warrior
    You have my attention.

Widget
    PWTT also just showed off some of 3d printed weapon prototypes for their first figures, Desolataur and Bloodbath, with some MOTU classics and other figures:

The bright orange parts are BMOGs, a 5mm weapon system that you can build into robot animals. Many PWTT characters will come with miniature robot partners that will have similar functionality and will be fully compatible with the BMOG build system, as seen here in this render:

PWTT's Tumblr is here. Their Facebook page is here. Of special interest may be the "Head Shots" packs, which are going to be 3-packs of MOTU-classics compatible heads for customizing both PWTT figures and those that use the same ball-joint.

- - - Updated - - -

And here's Desolataur, naked, showing off the modular parts system.

I see their Kickstarter just went live https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ost-protectors and seems to be going extremely well.

Anybody else as excited as I am about some of the stretch goals (full disclosure; I already pledged).

I pledged for everything.

Now to figure out what preorders I need to cancel and what stuff I need to sell.

Widget
    Some of said stretch goals:

If we can reach the Serpents of the Coiled table stretch goal a lot of snake man armies could get some reinforcements.

There's a lot there for MOTU/MOTU-play alike collectors. The head-shot packs will use a ball joint that is compatible with that used on most MOTU classics, which may be of particular interest to customizers.

Glad someone bumped this thread!

I like these...a lot. I'm interested.

It's a shame these are going during the same time as the 4H's Mythic Legions KS. I'd probably pledge more.

TrentTroop, any chance we could some larger pics on the KS page of each of the character mock ups?

Widget
    I think Rik has most of it up in the Facebook gallery.

I'm loving most of what we've seen so far, and can't wait to see what else is in the pipe line.

Wow. The discussion here is rather pathetic. I guess there's just not as much MotU stuff for it compared to Transformers.

BTW, former Four Horsemen Chris Dahlberg is the one working on the 3D modelling of these figures.

Right from the start a monstrous Skeletor and Hordak homage are available. I really like the Skeletor. Unfortunately the Hordak isn't available unless you get all 5 of the figures. He's a KS exclusive. I'm not sure why Hordak didn't use the Bomb-Burst bat head though.
    tumblr_njm5a9f8F31tl4d5wo1_1280.jpg
    10987472_352367904949406_5126975456546288066_n.jpg

A staff set including a snake staff is available soon after the goal of $80K is reached, at $110K.
    20738f07d988af04c0cc4f9d4bd63db8_large.jpg

@$125 Sir Pythanore and a TF Pretender Iguanus are available. Despite Iguanus's head being different from the snakes, I think it looks really nice.
    These two figures were posted just a few posts back by TrentTroop.
    tumblr_nk4q7oWz591tl4d5wo1_1280.jpg

@$210K there's a vaguely 200X Moss-man looking head available.
    9e1006459c68bd15209c1cb4f980a562_large.jpg

Instead of a snakeman 3-pack, Sir Pythanore is available earlier by himself, and the Viper Squire is now part of a cheap $50 2-pack that won't be unlocked until $365.
    37a43d74c8d0406dbffc79cbf0804365_large.jpg

@$380 there's apparently an homage to Thundercats Slithe using the Iguanus mold.
    8c20229d261cd235a94a29d910c675f9_original.jpg
    Last edited by RavageX-9; March 1, 2015 at 09:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RavageX-9 View Post
    Wow. The discussion here is rather pathetic. I guess there's just not as much MotU stuff for it compared to Transformers.
    Eh, different strokes for different folks man.

Quote Originally Posted by RavageX-9 View Post
    I was surprised by the lack of discussion over here on the Org regarding this Kickstarter if I'm honest (hence my bumping the thread) but I wouldn't call it pathetic. I'm wondering if the timing has something to do with it (perhaps the 200X sub has everyone's attention/money?).

With the four horsemen connection is this something that could make it to the front page as news (it was considered newsworthy enough for Toy Ark on Friday)??

I'd think the possibility of more Snake Men type characters would attract some folks on this board, and maybe it has.

Widget
    King Adder's head is based on a snake too, in this case, a Bush Viper, while the standard Serpent of the Coiled Table head is a more generalized blending of different species. The bush viper head design is, thus far, a note of royal lineage.

If enough stretch goals are reached it will be easy to expand your snake man armies.

I'll do my best to field any questions about the project.

You have to love Aaron Archer. He goes off on a rant about how 3rd party companies are "stealing" from Hasbro, only he's doing the exact same thing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    You have to love Aaron Archer. He goes off on a rant about how 3rd party companies are "stealing" from Hasbro, only he's doing the exact same thing with this.
    Hey, if ya can't beat em.......

Widget
    Even though this isn't a He-Man homage, it's a D&D War Duke homage, I'd think a muscular barbarian with armor would be of interest here. The character is called Barbaricles, unlocks at $180,000.

Quote Originally Posted by TrentTroop View Post
    King Adder's head is based on a snake too, in this case, a Bush Viper, while the standard Serpent of the Coiled Table head is a more generalized blending of different species. The bush viper head design is, thus far, a note of royal lineage.
    Hm. I hope it looks good for an Iguanus homage. The snout looks very different. snake VS iguana. I'll probably be getting it anyway, but I hope it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    Even though this isn't a He-Man homage, it's a D&D War Duke homage, I'd think a muscular barbarian with armor would be of interest here. The character is called Barbaricles, unlocks at $180,000.
    Yeah. The TF Pretender Stranglehold homage that's using the same mold should be popular with some He-Man fans too.
    tumblr_nig57eVW6w1tl4d5wo1_1280.jpgtumblr_nkjiwwV66h1tl4d5wo1_1280.jpg

55% funded after four days.

Nice.

Widget
    58% after 5 full days, the Kickstarter is doing well.

If anyone is waiting to see if a particular stretch goal is unlocked before backing, keep in mind it is to your advantage to back now at a basic tier. The faster the KS crosses the minimum goal the better in terms of unlocking stretch-goal options, as a lot of backers tend to leap in once a KS becomes a "sure thing".

You can adjust your backing level at any time before the close of the campaign, after all.

Widget
    Just passed $50,000, which is over 62% funded.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ost-protectors

Announced a new toy last night as a stretch goal called Wastelander. Beautiful armored knight or style gladiator toy, which seems to be colors like Beast Wars Dinobot.

Heroic Warrior
    That War Duke figure is what I want most out of any of the figures, but no way they're hitting 180,000, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    That War Duke figure is what I want most out of any of the figures, but no way they're hitting 180,000, unfortunately.
    Once this starts opening locked items, I'm sure we'll hit that easily.

I am pretty much only interested in the Transformers Pretenders inspired figures. I'll wait and see how Metalhawk and Grand turn out before I commit to buying any of these, since those 2 are my absolute most desired figures.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Robogeek1973 View Post
    Once this starts opening locked items, I'm sure we'll hit that easily.
    I hope so-- I'm getting something either way. I actually prefer these to the Mythic Legions, though I'm getting a few of those as well.