Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode 7 Discussion/Lucasfilm bought by Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Once episode seven makes it, I sincerely hope the wait for further installments isn't as long as it used to be.
    Disney has already said that their intention is to release a new film every two to three years. George Lucas is like James Cameron, he just needlessly takes his time. A film, any film, should need no more than, at a push, three years, but even less than that really. I mean, James Cameron takes the ****, really. I guess once you think you're bigger than a God, the whole world waits for you. Apparently. It’s good that we're apparently not going to have to wait an agonisingly long time between films this time.

In terms of Lucas' involvement. For the 7, 8 and 9 trilogy, Lucas should be involved. It’s the ST, so Lucas should absolutely be there in some capacity. From all the reading I’ve done and from that short video interview it seems that the story treatments for at least Episodes 7, 8 and 9 have come from Lucas' head, which is good. 7, 8 and 9 should come from him. For any films beyond that, that's where others can then start chiming in.

Anyway, the rumours have already started. This website actually ran a story in 2009 saying that another trilogy was in the works. I've done some digging and, to be fair, they have been right about some things in the past. Anyway, make of this what you will. I'll post the entire article here. To be fair, it doesn't really offer spoilers per se, but I'll give a warning anyway:

EXCLUSIVE: More Secret Details Revealed From My Original STAR WARS Source! SKYWALKER Returns Again!!

Ok guys, by now you know of my history with this particular source and the stellar information that has been given us about STAR WARS way back in 2009. We remain in touch to which I am deeply grateful. Again this source has spoken up about what we can now expect from the Disney / Lucasfilm tandem in the coming years, and it is all very, VERY exciting.

Here is what my source has told me, some segments and some word for word, from his email I just received:

"Disney now has the power to make STAR WARS films, and everything else in the Lucasfilm archives. The movies I told you about are indeed the primary focus. Luke Skywalker is a primary focus, as are many of the original trilogy cast. Disney also realised that George Lucas and STAR WARS are one and the same, so George will certainly have a voice on any angle taken, in fact I believe it's one of many stipulations. However he will no longer have creative control, and as I said before George was already looking at other creative talents to bring his canon to life back before Disney and Lucasfilm really started negotiating (or at least to the best of my knowledge)..."

"Way back when I told you about the new movie trilogy planned, I never explained to you that they were being rewritten from previously secret drafts from way back during the making of the original trilogy. The main problem was the age of the cast, and the tone of the story. Now I do believe that Walt Disney intend on playing to the cultural significance of that original trilogy. You will see a tone more in line with the original trilogy, and specifically featuring that cast, if everything shakes out as intended. Which it will, I promise you.

You can expect to hear more news on the live action TV show in the near future, as the scripts already written will be absorbed in some way into a TV format. The nature of the show and the technical requirements needed to meet a TV budget and schedule are pretty ambitious. Basically they are 45 minute long feature films. With concepts that are very ambitious and the fact that it focuses on characters that are not known and are completely different to what people may have in mind about a STARWARS TV show. This was the problem at the time, and I am pretty sure this is still a problem. At least on the live action front. I am told that soon there will be some kind of material released relating to shot footage and tests on that concept. So look out for that.

A NEW DAWN.

I don't believe the empire was completely destroyed by the end of Return of the Jedi.

Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, C3PO and R2D2 are I am assured to feature prominently in the new trilogy, as was always the idea. Apparently some have already been approached. Quite a while back too to my understanding. Hamill is a certainty.

There are two trilogies planned, all following an original overview by Lucas, which was always planned as a multi generational saga. Movies 10 - 12 are from my understanding
    about the offspring of the Skywalkers, set many years later with the surviving cast playing much older versions of themselves and featuring a female protagonist named Skywalker. This is something
    that I understand is being discussed as the latest trilogy may end up being an amalgamation of the two using themes and ideas from both, but still keeping the general story, also allowing for continuity of cast.

The movies from what I understand will adopt the Harry Potter model, and will be aggressively brought to the forefront of popular entertainment once again with consistent installments. This is just for starters though, especially for those who hold the original trilogy in high regard, they should be happy. You can expect lovingly restored prints of the original trilogy to surface in the near future. That's a no brainer. I along with the rest of the world want those movies in their original glory. Disney are all over that, believe me.

From my understanding the movies that follow will be far more in line with the original trilogy in regards to tone and method, and from the few names I have heard being banded around I am very excited, as they are all choices that I think people will get behind.

- Steven Speilberg, who may actually get to direct his episode of STARWARS after all.

- Neil Blomkamp, District 9, Elysium.

- Alfonso Cuarón, Children of Men, Gravity (which is a masterpiece by the way) When I was told this name, I said that's the guy.

- Matthew Vaughn. Kick Ass, First Class.

- Darren Arnofsky, The Fountain, Noah. (very popular candidate) and has been for a while.

- Joss Whedon. Serenity, The Avengers. That could work as Joss is currently overseeing Marvels next onslaught under the Disney Banner, but don't hold your breath for a directing gig for many years down the line. He may well have his part to play though ;-)

So very exciting times ahead if you are a STARWARS fan, and especially if you are an original trilogy fan.

Watch this space."

WOW. VERY interesting!! HUGE opportunities for the franchise and look at the names being considered at the top of Lucasfilm!

You can count of this information as being 100% accurate as of NOW. Of course things can change over time, but the main thrust remains - just look at the info given to us 3 years ago - it all still happened: Next trilogy in 3D in development and Lucas not directing.

So you can discount those rumors of a complete detachment from the original trilogy with the sequels 7, 8 and 9... and even 10, 11 and 12 with the second generation of Skywalkers! Stay with the best source for STAR WARS information on the interwebs today: MarketSaw!!

More the second I get it!
    Here's the link: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-revealed.html

What do you think of the (supposed) director shortlist? Out of all of those I wouldn't mind either Neill Blomkamp, Darren Arnofsky or Matthew Vaughn.

Snappy Threader
    I can't wait to see the details roll in. Who will play the parts?, will there be cameos?, how much will we recognize?, very exciting.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    If Luke, Han and Leia were just to be re-cast, it wouldn't be worth seeing them. I sincerely hope Mark, Harrison and Carrie will return for these new films in whatever capacity that they are willing to go to. As for the droids, they'd better be there for sure!
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    What do you think of the (supposed) director shortlist? Out of all of those I wouldn't mind either Neill Blomkamp, Darren Arnofsky or Matthew Vaughn.
    People keep forgetting about Joe Johnston...C'mon people.....

Heroic Warrior
    Disney and SW is a match made well since Disneyparks does those cool rides and this could make a solid new trilogy.

I want Spielberg to direct.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Some News (Well, Rumours)

Well, we can all expect the rumours to fly between now and 2015. I already posted that report at the top of the page. Here's the next two. Firstly, Entertainment Weekly have an "exclusive" stating that Harrison Ford is open to returning. Here's the main part:

“Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he’s upbeat about it, all three of them are,” said one highly placed source, referring to Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher, the trio that made a hyper-speed jump to global fame on May 25, 1977, the opening night for George Lucas’s original Star Wars film.
    Other than that, the article doesn't really say much more. I would love this to be the case. As Hamill and Fisher found out in August over lunch with Lucas, I think we can all agree that they're locked in for the new film (hopefully). I was convinced that Ford would be the Bill Murray in all this. It appears that that may not be the case. Here's the link: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...o-exclusive%2F

The second rumour is word of a possible director for Episode VII. I hope this one is true, too. Collider.com has heard that Matthew Vaughn may be in the running. Apparently that may be one of the reasons why he dropped out of directing the X-Men: First Class sequel. I think he's a very good director and I love the style and energy of his films. He hasn't directed a single film I don't like. Even if the rumour isn't true, I still think he would be a good choice.

As for the droids, they'd better be there for sure!
    I have no doubt the two droids will in the films even if none of the other original cast or characters are. Lucas has always said the movies are told from the droids POV.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior

It doesn't matter on people's views of the OT and PT or even if they are big Star Wars fans in general, this is going to be huge. It will bring in another new generation of fans.

I am more excited now for Star Wars than I was when the first teaser trailer was released for TPM.

^ Concur. The excitement, hype and event-movie-status for Episode VII will completely dwarf Episode I. And that was pretty huge.

This news is great. Was watching TMZ tonight and they did an on the street brief interview of Carrie Fisher. When asked if she would do another Star Wars film if she was asked the replied "Yeah, sure."

It could be good news or it could be Carrie just saying it to get the cameraman to leave her alone.

I've always wanted to see Star Wars move forward with more stories and having the originals return for new stories that introduce us to new generations of characters is fitting. Some continuity could be firmly established with the prequels too by the original trilogy characters.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Heroic Warrior

All of it sounds pretty cool up until the point that J.J. Abrams is being considered as a director. NO! NO! NO!!
    (Hordak Alpha))

...man, I am already super tired of hearing about Star Wars again.... ugh. Why couldnt the saga just stick with the ORIGINAL 3 movies...an I am talking about Episodes 4, 5, and 6.. the BEST Star Wars flicks EVER MADE!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ...man, I am already super tired of hearing about Star Wars again.... ugh. Why couldnt the saga just stick with the ORIGINAL 3 movies...an I am talking about Episodes 4, 5, and 6.. the BEST Star Wars flicks EVER MADE!
    Wow! I love the original 3 and nothing will come close to those but will people ever get over that there are six films in the series (And more)

Me personally I thought it was cool to see how Anakin turned and the empire formed as well as seeing a backstory for Boba Fett...cool (And seeing the Clone Wars) not the lame cartoon....

It’s great to hear that Disney wants Luke, Han and Leia in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    It’s great to hear that Disney wants Luke, Han and Leia in it.
    I hope the rumours are true that all three actors are interested in returning.

Very happy with the choice of Michael Arndt to write them. Toy Story 3 was excellent.

I'm sorry the Matthew Vaughn thing is just rumor. Him, Cauron, and Joe Johnston would all be pretty sweet directors for SW. I really don't expect people like Spielberg or Joss Whedon will have the time to be absorbed in Star Wars for several years. I also think David Fincher would be pretty good. I'm surprised by the support for Darren Arnofsky, who I only know for making very surreal and not-very-Star-Wars (and not in a good way) type of movies. Of course I didn't and still don't see why David Lynch would have been so great for Star Wars back when he made Dune, so I realize some suggestions are just never going to be on the same page that I am.

Very exciting news about Michael Arndt being the writer of the current treatment!

All of it sounds pretty cool up until the point that J.J. Abrams is being considered as a director. NO! NO! NO!!
    Heh heh, yeah, I'm conflicted about him myself. He starts off with a lot of fun energy...then he fizzles at the end. Thinking of his projects like Mission Impossible 3, Alias, Lost, Star Trek, Super 8, every one of those had a weak ending IMO (Star Trek probably faired the best, but I had plenty of other issues there). Of course a weak ending following a really superb first one or two acts (if he could deliver that) would still be pretty good for Star Wars at this point too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Wow! I love the original 3 and nothing will come close to those but will people ever get over that there are six films in the series (And more)

Me personally I thought it was cool to see how Anakin turned and the empire formed as well as seeing a backstory for Boba Fett...cool (And seeing the Clone Wars) not the lame cartoon....
    You may need to accept that not liking the prequels is just as legitimate a reaction as your loving them. There's a difference between finding it cool to see Anakin or Boba Fett's past and liking how it was done. I have found the cartoon considerably less lame compared to the PT. Not liking some don't make me a hater of all!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I was surfing the net , reading different Opinions and honestly bothering me so many allusions (and joke) about aging of the original cast and for that reason they should not be in the new trilogy.
    I can not understand that as an impediment ,SW always had older people in important roles, Obi-Wan, Dooku, Palpatine.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Darth Vader transorming into a vehicle - just like the crappy toy I saw at Marshall's last night
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

alien lady pillows, at least 5 of them. ha ha ha
    Last edited by stprime; November 9, 2012 at 03:51pm.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Ahsoka Tano.

She's the other Yoda was talking about.

Definitely need to have Ahsoka Tano reintroduced in the new trilogy maybe found in Carbonite Freezing somewhere in a galactic warehouse or hiding somewhere after word the Empire fell maybe she returns to Couresant (Sp?) and meets Anakin's children, helping Luke rebuild the Jedi order.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Zombie Vader and Death Troopers...bringing terror to the New Republic from beyond the grave!

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; November 9, 2012 at 06:13pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    You may need to accept that not liking the prequels is just as legitimate a reaction as your loving them. There's a difference between finding it cool to see Anakin or Boba Fett's past and liking how it was done. I have found the cartoon considerably less lame compared to the PT. Not liking some don't make me a hater of all!
    Yes but too many people have that warm "Fuzzy" that nothing (good or bad) should ever come before or after the OT but I look at it this way it wasn't mine to create so granted some things were off (Jar Jar) and sorry but the storyline for the Clone Wars cartoon is out there not as bad as the PT but over dramatic and drawn out I liked the original CW series better....(It made more sense)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    People keep forgetting about Joe Johnston...C'mon people.....

I guess no one got the SW Background he has....