Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode 7 Discussion/Lucasfilm bought by Disney

Heroic Warrior
    Have Jar-Jar be killed...by C-3PO

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    acting.... REAL acting. It's been a LONG time since we've gotten a Star Wars movie with that in it.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I wanna see Luke die

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    acting.... REAL acting. It's been a LONG time since we've gotten a Star Wars movie with that in it.

Hmm, true.

I'd also like to see Aayla Secura. Oh, I know she's dead but thats cause Lucas threw a temper tantrum and killed her off then said she was DEAD cause he didn't like that ppl wanted her for the TV show. Or something like that. Anyway, the threw a tanturm, that i remember.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quinlan Vos. If he isn't in the TV show then let's see him in the movie in a significant role, even though he would have to be pretty old.

Admiral Thrawn. Just because they want to do new stories doesn't mean they can't introduce this character.

The rise of a new sith that doesn't follow the rule of two.

I want to see Corellia. It’s strange that we haven't seen it yet. It hasn't even popped up in The Clone Wars. Maybe Lucas was saving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Really? Lets not paint the whole cast with a bad brush here, lets not forget Christopher Lee, Liam Neeson, Ian McDiarmid to name a few.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3) To Write Screenplay For Episode VII

Its official, Oscar winner Michael Arndt is to write the screenplay for Episode VII. Yesterday it was also said that he's written treatments for the entire trilogy comprised of Episodes 7, 8 and 9. This is from Star Wars' official site:

As pre-production of Star Wars: Episode VII begins, Lucasfilm has confirmed that award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay for the new Star Wars film. As revealed in the ongoing video series posted here on StarWars.com, Kathleen Kennedy and George Lucas have begun story conferences with Arndt. Arndt won an Academy Award® for Best Original Screenplay for writing Little Miss Sunshine (2006), and was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay for writing Toy Story 3 (2010).

For more news about Star Wars: Episode VII -- slated for a 2015 release -- keep checking StarWars.com.
    The leak from yesterday said that his treatment contains Luke, Leia and Han. So this is basically confirmation that those three characters will appear. My word, I can't believe I'm actually typing this. I'm sure I'm dreaming. By getting this guy, they're already off to a great start.

Also, The Hollywood Reporter has reported it and they've interestingly put this little blurb in their article:

Arndt had written a 40-50 page treatment that will bring the saga of the Skyalkers, the Force-imbued family compised of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader and twins Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa to a close in a new trilogy.
    I really can't believe this is happening. It seems so surreal in a way. We are actually getting a sequel to ROTJ. How insane is that?

fan-art poster

starwars-episode7a.jpeg
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

So Spielberg, Tarantino, and Zack Snyder all say they wouldn't want the job. I am not surprised about Spielberg, he has consistently said he felt that franchise belongs to George. I'm not sure if that's his whole reason, but I just don't expect him to change his mind now. Tarantino I cannot for the life of me see being right for Star Wars and he more or less says that in a somewhat rude way to Entertainment Weekly. Zack Snyder kind of surprises me, but he wasn't my top choice either.
    Last edited by gbagok; November 10, 2012 at 07:58am.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Hmm. I don't like the way it goes "am I the only one," because I think most fans do think about how the balance would work between the older characters and a newer set of protagonists. And I think most fans do think about how well could this work to see those characters as old when we know them as young. Without a doubt it'll be a challenge for the movie makers either way, and look no further than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to see how it can fall flat. But think it can be done too, that a new generation can be introduced along with them without undermining them, and I'm really unsympathetic to this "I don't want to see them old" sentiment I get from the detractors.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I'd also like to see Aayla Secura. Oh, I know she's dead but thats cause Lucas threw a temper tantrum and killed her off then said she was DEAD cause he didn't like that ppl wanted her for the TV show. Or something like that. Anyway, the threw a tanturm, that i remember.
    Aayla's one of my favourites too, but I don't want her to return. That would diminish the impact of Yoda & Obi-Wan being the only Jedi who survived Order 66. I doubt that Lucas dislikes her more than any of the other hundreds of characters he's killed off, especially since she has reappeared on The Clone Wars cartoon. I don't know about him throwing a "tantrum", but if he did it was probably in jest. He does have a very dry sense of humor.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; November 10, 2012 at 06:27pm.

Thanks for that. I want to see the original characters as they are now. I want to see what they're up to as older people. We last saw them as a young rag-tag group. I'm interested in seeing them in their twilight years. I want to see Luke as that Obi-Wan-type figure that George always said he would be in any sequels. However, I do also want to see a new generation. I think it’s good that the old characters will serve to usher in a new generation, before they inevitably take over.

What do people think about post-ROTJ EU? I mean, it’s clear that the EU will be hit hard by the new trilogy, especially post-ROTJ EU. I can’t imagine a lot of it coming away unscathed. For example, if all the reports are true and the original characters are indeed returning, that means that Chewbacca will more than likely accompany them. ***Spoiler for EU*** As we all know he dies in the NJO series. That will clearly be undone. They’ve got a good scriptwriter on this, and they will probably pick a good director. I don’t want these talented people to be boxed in by the EU, effectively becoming slaves to it. I want them to be free to spread their wings and not think “Well, I can’t do this because a bunch of books that about 99% of the audience haven’t read forbids it”. That would be madness.

I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately. I can really see the EU getting the "reboot" treatment within the next three or four years to accommodate the new films. At least post-ROTJ EU.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Essentially the 'EU' has always been a parallel universe to entertain Star Wars fans that missed having new Star Wars movies to enjoy. It isn't going to be changed or touched when new Star Wars movies come out. Is it possible for book spin-offs of the new movies? Sure, but it won't be the EU.

And, I very much hope Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford appear in this new trilogy. It could serve as a sequel and book end to the original story and open up new stories for another generation of Skywalkers and Solos.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    If they put current Carrie Fisher in her slave leia outfit im gunna throw up.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    If they put current Carrie Fisher in her slave leia outfit im gunna throw up.
    I met her at SDCC this year. She was looking rough. I'm all about older women, but meh......
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I'm gonna commit heresy by saying I didn't think the slave Leia outfit flattered her the first time, so no to seeing it again anyway.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm gonna commit heresy by saying I didn't think the slave Leia outfit flattered her the first time, so no to seeing it again anyway.
    Could be worse:

483960_10100199200936833_1242586501_n.jpg
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Could be worse:
    I've seen worse...alot worse.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

And now, here's Moviebob.

I don't know how many of you watched it, but the new Dallas TV series pulled off mixing old characters with a new generation just fine, so I don't see why they can't do the same in a new Star Wars trilogy.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I met her at SDCC this year. She was looking rough. I'm all about older women, but meh......
    Well if I remember correctly I think she had drugs and alcohol problems and is bipolar? maybe? Eh I dunno but I think she wrote postcards from the edge or something. Life has been a little rough.

I dont mind having the older characters there. I think it shows them just as they are...old, worn out, ready to pass the torch.

it will be interesting if the Skywalker line ends in the new movie. Not sure how I feel about that. Hmmm.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZacMasters View Post
    I don't know how many of you watched it, but the new Dallas TV series pulled off mixing old characters with a new generation just fine, so I don't see why they can't do the same in a new Star Wars trilogy.
    True....Good Example...It could work but the fanboys ( & Girls) will complain just to complain

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    True....Good Example...It could work but the fanboys ( & Girls) will complain just to complain
    Like they've been doing since the prequels. The prequels ended in 2005 and the fans are STILL harping about the films.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.