Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode 7 Discussion/Lucasfilm bought by Disney

I hope they don't saturate the market and take the excitement out of getting a new Star Wars film. I mean they're now saying the sequel trilogy will be released over a six-year time span beginning in 2015 and that the spin offs films would fill in the gaps. So thats five new films, one every year up to 2019.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear one of the spin offs is about Boba Fett.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    The rumors (and that may just be internet chatter) is that the two spin-offs may focus on Boba Fett and Yoda, respectively. Both of which could be pretty cool if done properly, IMO.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I hope they don't saturate the market and take the excitement out of getting a new Star Wars film. I mean they're now saying the sequel trilogy will be released over a six-year time span beginning in 2015 and that the spin offs films would fill in the gaps. So thats five new films, one every year up to 2019.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear one of the spin offs is about Boba Fett.
    We already know about 3P0's origin, i would like to see one on the journey of R2..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    The rumors (and that may just be internet chatter) is that the two spin-offs may focus on Boba Fett and Yoda, respectively. Both of which could be pretty cool if done properly, IMO.
    I would welcome a Aayla Secura movie. There shouldn't be that much change in actress Amy Allen yet since Revenge of the Sith.

Oh wow, latest story on CNET is that the spotlight movies would be focused on Boba Fett and Han Solo! I wonder how Anne Crispin feels about that since she wrote the young Han Solo trilogy.

So far though that 7 Samurai style movie by Zack Snyder sounded the coolest, so too bad it wasn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I think they hope to replicate Marvel's model of having several connected but separate movie series in one shared universe. I'm not sure how well that can work with Star Wars as opposed to Marvel which actually has several different series each with a unique identity of their its own to base its movies on, but I'd guess that is Lucasfilm/Disney's goal.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    I would welcome a Aayla Secura movie. There shouldn't be that much change in actress Amy Allen yet since Revenge of the Sith.
    I'd love to see an Aayla movie.
    Im a fan of a Han movie, but I really dont care about Fett too much. He doesnt interest me at all.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I'd like to see a Kyle Katarn movie (or movies, depending on how they want to do the story)

Katarn is a Lucasfilm's created character (specifically LucasArts), introduced in the game Dark Forces and really became a significant Lucasfilm(LucasArts) character with the sequel Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Part of what makes Katarn a significant Lucasfilm created SW character is that LucasArts took the time and expense to film all the cut scenes in DF2. I remember at the time LucasArts making a big deal about this being the first Star Wars anything filmed since RotJ (aside from the 2 Ewoks movies) -- and of course the game engine for DF2 was more than capable of running animated cut scenes since that's what LucasArts did for the expansion pack Mysteries of the Sith.

Unfortunately, aside from the subsequent Jedi Knight games, Kyle Katarn has been treated something like the red-headed stepchild of the Expanded Universe -- he's been given a couple mentions in the books but no further stories have been written with Katarn as the lead character outside of the 3 books published by Dark Horse as part expanding on the story of DF2: JK when the game came out.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; February 7, 2013 at 02:59am.

Now that I think about it I'd like to see a female be a main character
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Now that I think about it I'd like to see a female be a main character
    Why would anyone want to watch that?

I joke

I really thought the Force Unleashed was a great idea. That could work pretty well as a movie. We could get a lot of Darth Vader/Emperor Palpatine, more transition of the Empire from the Republic, and lots of lightsaber badassness!
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I would LOVE them to introduce Mara Jade into the new movies! I'm not a huge EU fan but I do like some of the elements they introduced, like the Jedi Academy idea. Anyway, I do like the idea of Mara being introduced and I'm hoping to see Luke guiding the next generation of newly found Jedi.

If a Mara Jade movie isn't up for consideration the the folks at Disney & Lucasfilm don't have their heads on straight. A movie featuring Mara Jade would definitely pull in the fans, and there is plenty of room to tell stories featuring her. For instance, a movie that takes place during Mara Jade's time as the Emperor's Hand could work well running in theaters inbetween episodes 7,8, and 9 as it's such a change of pace. The lead character is working for the bad guys, has Force abilities (so that angle is covered for folks that think a SW story HAS to have Force users), and she often operates covertly. And of course the overall time period with Mara as the Emperor's Hand covers the same time period as Eps. 4,5, and as well as a few years prior; depending on when the movie takes place Mara could catch news broadcasts or intelligence updates that reference events in Eps. 4,5, and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I would LOVE them to introduce Mara Jade into the new movies! I'm not a huge EU fan but I do like some of the elements they introduced, like the Jedi Academy idea. Anyway, I do like the idea of Mara being introduced and I'm hoping to see Luke guiding the next generation of newly found Jedi.
    I'm not a Mara Jade fan, so if they do make a movie with her I'll skip it like the Fett one.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Anyone up for a Skippy the Jedi Droid film (Star Wars Tales Vol.1)

Anyone up for a Skippy the Jedi Droid film (Star Wars Tales Vol.1)
    Ha! That could be fun in the way Pink 5 is fun--although while we're on that, I want the rest of Pink 5's adventures!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Movie Bob weighs in on J.J. Abrams, and 'Star Wars'.

Interesting observations, and I don't fully disagree with him at all. Except for the cheap shot at the new Spider-Man, but that's a whole other can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I'm not a Mara Jade fan, so if they do make a movie with her I'll skip it like the Fett one.
    I really don't know what the "Fanboys & Girls" want the original film except that it's 2013??? Get real

Since when did EVERYTHING have to be the same to a tee to be liked by the fandom the same thing over & over & over it dated and played if it's a TINY bit different people hate it...You hate change??

I also like how people say they will not see because of XYZ is in it...So what

Star Wars is more than Luke,Han,Leia,Chewbacca & The Droids they are a big part of it yes and even though you don't like it EU is part of Star Wars that's a fact...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I really don't know what the "Fanboys & Girls" want the original film except that it's 2013??? Get real

Since when did EVERYTHING have to be the same to a tee to be liked by the fandom the same thing over & over & over it dated and played if it's a TINY bit different people hate it...You hate change??

I also like how people say they will not see because of XYZ is in it...So what

Star Wars is more than Luke,Han,Leia,Chewbacca & The Droids they are a big part of it yes and even though you don't like it EU is part of Star Wars that's a fact...
    Wasn't arguing the fact that the EU is part of Star Wars.

That being said just because they make a movie with an EU character doesnt mean I need to spend my 15 bucks to go see a movie about characters I dont care about. Its my money I can do whatever I want with it.

And I dont think everything should be the same. I'm not looking for a rehash of the original movie.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Here's an idea -- just tossing it out there to see what folks think. Assuming the third trilogy takes place some thirty-odd years after ROTJ, let Luke & Leia discover something of their mother Padme (ideally this is worked into the story). Lucasfilm could even hire Debbie Reynolds (Carrie Fisher's mother) to play an older Sola Naberrie.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Here's an idea -- just tossing it out there to see what folks think. Assuming the third trilogy takes place some thirty-odd years after ROTJ, let Luke & Leia discover something of their mother Padme (ideally this is worked into the story). Lucasfilm could even hire Debbie Reynolds (Carrie Fisher's mother) to play an older Sola Naberrie.

Like maybe that Padme had a family

sorry. start at 3:36

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Hopefully someone time-jumps and goes back in time and kills Jar Jar, therefore saving the prequels

I jest.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...films-20130219
    Looks like Harrison Ford's aboard. I hope they also get John Williams.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...films-20130219
    Looks like Harrison Ford's aboard. I hope they also get John Williams.

I saw this and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Maybe if he is bitter and old, and drunk it might be entertaining. Indiana Jones showed us that he just can't do those action films anymore.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Mark Hamill Has Confirmed That Talks Are Happening

Yeah, so he confirms here that Lucasfilm are talking to them. Here's the interview:

Mark Hamill's new movie Sushi Girl hits DVD and Blu-ray this week, and while talking about the project, the Star Wars legend was more than happy to provide ETonline with an update on his involvement with the in-development Star Wars VII – and what he thinks of those planned spinoff movies…

"It's all very, very exciting and so unexpected," says Hamill. "I think that's the quality I like about it most – it's like getting a pair of pants out of the closet you haven't worn in three years and finding a $20 bill in the pocket. It's just so unexpected."

First off, will he appear in Star Wars VII? "They're talking to us," he reveals. "George [Lucas] wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts – they would write us out. … I can tell you right away that we haven't signed any contracts. We're in the stage where they want us to go in and meet with Michael Arndt, who is the writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, who is going to run Lucasfilm. Both have had meetings set that were postponed -- on their end, not mine. They're more busy than I am."

Hamill, 61, says he's intrigued about where the new trilogy could go but says he knows nothing about the storyline: "I probably learn more from Entertainment Tonight than I do directly from Lucasfilm – like for instance, when George told us he wanted to do the next trilogy, he didn't tell us it was going to be done for Disney. He saved that little nugget, and I read it online like anybody else."

As for his thoughts about the next trilogy's tone, "I said to George that I wanted to go back to the way it was, in the sense that ours was much more carefree and lighthearted and humorous – in my opinion, anyway. And another thing I'd want to make sure of is are we going to have the whole gang back? Is Carrie and Harrison and Billy Dee and Tony Daniels, everybody that's around from the original [returning]? I want to make sure that everybody's on board here, rather than just one. I guess I'll have to tune into your show to figure out who's on board."

In terms of where we'll pick up with Luke Skywalker in Star Wars VII, "I'm assuming, because I haven't talked to the writers, that these movies would be about our offspring -- like my character would be sort of in the Obi-Wan range [as] an influential character. … When I found out [while making the original trilogy] that ultimate good news/bad news joke – the good news is there's a real attractive, hot girl in the universe; the bad news is she's your sister – I thought, 'Well, I'm going to wind up like Sir Alec [Guinness]. I'm going to be a lonely old hermit living out in some kind of desert igloo with a couple of robots.'"

Hamill concludes of the next movie, "I hope they find the right balance of CGI with practical effects. I love props, I love models, miniatures, matte paintings -- I'm sort of old school. I think if you go too far in the direction of CGI it winds up looking like just a giant a video game, and that's unfortunate. … If they listen to me at all, it'll be, 'Lighten up and go retro with the way it looks.'"

As for those confirmed stand-alone Star Wars films, which may follow the adventures of a young Han Solo, Boba Fett and Yoda, Hamill observes, "That's really smart. Then you're more like James Bond pictures, where they come out and it's not an investment of a three-movie arc. … It's so rich, that [Star Wars] universe, in terms of quirkiness and oddball [nature]. We would talk about that [on the original film's set]. We'd go like, 'That little band that's playing in the Cantina, what's their story?! I mean, are they a traveling band? Are they the house band? Who's their manager?' They didn't have names when we first were talking about them. Now they're called, like, Sy Snootles – they come up with names down the road when they have to name toys."

So what spinoff movie would Mark Hamill like to see? "Oh, I don't know, set it on the Wookiee planet -- although that might be prohibitively expensive with that many Wookiees," he says with some resignation. After a little more thought, he muses, "That's what I would love. You pick the most insignificant little [character] – there's this little hawk-beaked character that's somewhere in Jabba's palace, I can't even remember what function he served -- but that's what I would think. You pick something that almost nobody remembers or knows about -- and then have a movie about him! You could probably put about 500 different character's names on a big, giant dart board, throw a dart, and say, 'Okay, wherever it lands we've got to make him the central character.'"

After a hearty laugh, Hamill adds, "I hope we don't overstay our welcome."
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...noff_Movies%2F

Its good to finally have confirmation that talks are taking place. After reading that interview I will be shocked if the original actors don’t return to reprise their roles. The fact that he said Lucas proposed to write them out of the script if they didn’t return tells me their roles are fairly small. I imagine that Luke will probably have the biggest role out of all the original characters, though.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Thanks for that, I really would like the whole team to be back.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar