Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode 7 Discussion/Lucasfilm bought by Disney

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    any articles on where it officially states eu is history?
    Since Lucas has forever stated that the bigger part of the SW EU isn't to be looked at as "canon", I don't think that's an issue.

Well not core canon, and the movies over rule any contradictions. Basically they are canon till Lucas says, eeeeh don't think so.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Something I forgot to mention earlier.

When I posted the link about the announcement of the release date not only did I find out about that Tomorrow world/land/whatever I found something about why Ardnt is no longer tied to the project.

While I don't have the link handy nor do I remember exactly what was said it boils down to Ardnt wasn't moving fast enough.

I don't know if he was still in the middle of his original draft or doing a rewrite but apparently he was taking to much time.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Well not core canon, and the movies over rule any contradictions. Basically they are canon till Lucas says, eeeeh don't think so.
    And since he is not part of it anymore do you think that some EU will be cannon now?

I'd love to see some in film form one day...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post

... I found something about why Ardnt is no longer tied to the project.

While I don't have the link handy nor do I remember exactly what was said it boils down to Ardnt wasn't moving fast enough.

I don't know if he was still in the middle of his original draft or doing a rewrite but apparently he was taking to much time.
    If true, this is the worst Star Wars related news I've heard in YEARS. I thought the guy's character interplay in Little Miss Sunshine was brilliant.

I'm crossing my fingers here that things will end well for the SW7 script.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post

When I posted the link about the announcement of the release date not only did I find out about that Tomorrow world/land/whatever I found something about why Ardnt is no longer tied to the project.

They replaced him with a writer from Empire Strikes Back, so I don't mind.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    They replaced him with a writer from Empire Strikes Back, so I don't mind.
    If my info is correct, I'm still looking at Arndt's leaving the SW7 project as the worst news ever, because Kasdan (who is the ESB writer guy you speak of) has ALWAYS been linked to the SW7 as a consultant, even when Arndt was still (apparently) officially the main writer of the SW7 script. Looking forward to hearing the official news on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    And since he is not part of it anymore do you think that some EU will be cannon now?

I'd love to see some in film form one day...
    Disney could incorporate it or say eeeh too much for us to go back through and do there own thing.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    As long as Disney stays hands off like they have with Marvel Studios and Kathleen Kennedy is in charge I guess it's not the end of the world. There is a lot of potential. I just hope they do right by the fans and give us another trilogy to be proud of and bring some of the excitement back to Star Wars. I'ld really like them to go in a darker direction than the prequels.
    What about Pixar? Disney has been hands off too.

But Lucas is hands off this project and his company too as i think he shouldn't be allowed to direct or write a movie anymore after the last movies as sure he is a visionary person and good storyteller but damn his screenplay writing sucks badly as he can't even write romance for crap. But i'm glad they have a person who understands what made the original movies good as i think JJ is a fine choice as he's more of a SW person than a ST person as he is leaving ST to be with something he is more comfortable and familiar with as he was disappointed in the last 3 movies and even that lawrence guy is back to write the new movies as he is a proper writer.

Who is glad they are shooting in REAL locations than just all CGI locations? i am and who thinks this Christmas of next year date is a refreshing change of pace for SW?

Maybe we can hear the Imperial march for the opening now without Fox's fanfare which would be different.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    What about Pixar? Disney has been hands off too.

But Lucas is hands off this project and his company too as i think he shouldn't be allowed to direct or write a movie anymore after the last movies as sure he is a visionary person and good storyteller but damn his screenplay writing sucks badly as he can't even write romance for crap. But i'm glad they have a person who understands what made the original movies good as i think JJ is a fine choice as he's more of a SW person than a ST person as he is leaving ST to be with something he is more comfortable and familiar with as he was disappointed in the last 3 movies and even that lawrence guy is back to write the new movies as he is a proper writer.

Who is glad they are shooting in REAL locations than just all CGI locations? i am and who thinks this Christmas of next year date is a refreshing change of pace for SW?

Maybe we can hear the Imperial march for the opening now without Fox's fanfare which would be different.
    I'm hopeful, but the prequels did use real locations in places and it didn't save those scenes. Remember the picnic? At this point, I have to just wait and see what they do with guarded expectations. Sometimes that pays off like with Rise of the Planet of the Apes and X-Men First Class. I didn't think either would be any good based on previous films in their franchises but I was blown away by the films.

RE music, I'm real curious what they will do because the Fox Fanfare was such a part of Star Wars for me, even being included in the soundtracks. I imagine there will be a customized Disney logo now to match the tone of the Star Wars franchise. The Imperial March is so identified with Darth Vader rather than the whole Empire. Since Vader isn't likely to be in the movie or at least not as part of the Empire I wonder if they'll use it or go back to the Imperial theme from the first movie (sigh, episode 4) that has been associated more with the X-Wing fight and was at it's most Williams-y bombast when the Falcon landed on the Death Star.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Star Wars: Episode 7 discussion

I'm not sure if there is an official thread ( I couldn't find one.)

I was just reading a link on a FB page called BLASTR. Apparently, Obi Wan Kenobi is going to have a Daughter.
    I think I just heard the Internet groaannnnn......

I guess Han and Lea having Jedi children wouldn't have been interesting enough to see on the big screen.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Sounds just as groan-worthy as Son of He-Man
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I wouldn't believe any rumors I hear at this point, especially with someone as secretive as Abrams in the helm.

Though if this one is true, I wonder they would try to connect the Duchess of Mandalore episodes from Clone Wars to this.

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    I wouldn't believe any rumors I hear at this point, especially with someone as secretive as Abrams in the helm.

Though if this one is true, I wonder they would try to connect the Duchess of Mandalore episodes from Clone Wars to this.

Yeah, that would be the assumption.....but there are a couple of problems with that line of reasoning......Number one being, wouldn't someone have been told?
    Geek Media -

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Yeah, that would be the assumption.....but there are a couple of problems with that line of reasoning......Number one being, wouldn't someone have been told?
    Like folks were told Anakin and Padme were married?

It's an interesting idea, actually, at least in it's implications for the Jedi in general. Ani broke the "no fooling around" rule, and now maybe Ben did, as well. Makes you wonder if Yoda and a bunch of the other Jedi had something going on the side no one "officially" knew about...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Well to be fair it could have been after the fall of the Jedi, when it's pretty much just you and Yoda, a couple of twins who aren't full grown yet there isn't a council to really stop you or anything. There are ways to make a story out of it that fall in line. Even in the canon movies not every one seemed to agree on all aspects of the Orders set of rules.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    It's official!!!!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/30...cast-announced

I can't wait to hear about who the new characters are! I am a little surprised no word yet on Billy Dee Williams, though.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Yeah, the lack of Billy Dee is kind of sad. But if he's not in the first one, maybe he can pop up in a future installment.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yeah, the lack of Billy Dee is kind of sad. But if he's not in the first one, maybe he can pop up in a future installment.
    Billy hasn't aged well. I wonder if t hey are going to kill him off and bring in the son of Lando?

I also hope Harrirson can bring in some of the old solo energy to this set of films. Any time I see him in personal appearances these days, he's kind of slow and not all there. at least that's how I gather him.
    Geek Media -

The new Star Wars cast list has been announced:

1. Cue whining from fans who were upset that they did not have creative control

2. Accusations of racism

3. Accusations of sexism

4. Accusations of christianity

5. Accusations of atheism

6. Accusations of communism

7. Accusations of jingoism

8. So much hate from the fandom that violence is reported in at least three conventions

9. Massive box office success.

Billy hasn't aged well. I wonder if t hey are going to kill him off and bring in the son of Lando?

I also hope Harrirson can bring in some of the old solo energy to this set of films. Any time I see him in personal appearances these days, he's kind of slow and not all there. at least that's how I gather him.
    I don't know. I think Billy Dee aged about as well as the rest of the cast, to be honest. Harrison does seem a bit off in personal appearances, but he seems to be able to bring it pretty well in the context of the movie.

Wow, Max Von Sydow! Father Merrin/Ming/Jesus is going to be in Star Wars!!!!

Llewyn Davis is a surprise but that actor is on the rise. Wow, I just realized that now Jesus, Mary (Keisha Castle-Hughes in Episode 3), and Joseph will have all been in Star Wars. Ian McShane played Judas once, make it happen JJ!

Fascinating that Domhall Gleeson is in when I thought the drawings of Anakin in the Dark Horse comic produced "original screenplay" series "The Star Wars" resemble him. Maybe it's just the hair. Either way, I had linked him to Star Wars already probably just coincidentally and that's kind of wild.

I'm curious who's playing whose kids, and where/who the mother of Luke's child/children might be. Driver is supposedly playing the villain, but is he also Han and Leia's son!? Especially curious who Von Sydow would be playing as he's so right for either a wise Jedi or a mean old Sith. Hoping he's not some boring diplomat, but he'd probably make that work too. And Andy Serkis!!! So cool to have him in Star Wars now as well.

Since I had just seen the rumor again this morning, I would have been fine with Zac Efron in the cast (he's still got goodwill form me for being in Firefly), but I'm hardly surprised he's not. Kind of mixed on Adam Driver, he looks so much like a grown up Alfalfa to me, it'll be really great if he pulls off an imposing cinematic villain like Vader but it seems like a serious challenge to me right now. I guess early glimpses of Daniel Craig weren't very encouraging either.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Wow, Max Von Sydow! Father Merrin/Ming/Jesus is going to be in Star Wars!!!!
    Who are all those people? I only know the one that matters. THERE BETTER be an outtake during a climatic scene where Max goes into "So, Luke Skywalker....Scourge of Carpathia...Sorrow of Moldavia...I command you!"
    Geek Media -

Who are all those people?
    And part of me just died.

Heroic Warrior
    SW71stlookFINAL.jpg
    I know *I* see it that way^^^