Thread: Interview with Robert Lay: 1980's MOTU movie,, blue ray release. (& Captain Power)

Movie mayhem!

Interview with Robert Lay: 1980's MOTU movie,, blue ray release. (& Captain Power)

Interview with Roger Lay. Lots of info about new Captain Power show... but also some discussion about the 1980s live action MOTU movie and the blue ray release and a possible forthcoming art book.

MOTU is talked about after the 1:25:00 mark.

I can't get that friggin Adele song out of my head. But what would you expect? I have seen 'Skyfall' three times and, for the first time in Movie Moan history, you'll be able to see me doing it.

We are also delighted to be joined by producer, director, and special features magician Mr. Roger Lay Jnr. to finally talk in some detail about 'Phoenix Rising', the reboot of 'Captain Power And The Soldiers Of The Future', as well as preview all the amazing bonus material that will be included on the Season 2 Blu Ray release of 'Star Trek: The Next Generation'.

Spare a thought for Robert Meyer Burnett once you've seen him in the video by the way. His flight was grounded so he's stuck in the UK right now. There's a paypal link at the bottom to raise funds for him:

3 mins - Coming to you from the Odeon Leicester Square and the BFI IMAX, join Phil Gee and Robert Meyer Burnett as they experience Bond 23 in the middle of the biggest day in UK box office history and provide a spoiler free, but in-depth, review.

44:30 mins - Back with Jamie and Roger, I answer some follow up questions and we discuss the possibility of Bond 24 & 25 being made back to back as one epic story.

65:25 mins - Our in-depth interview with Roger talking about Trek, Phoenix Rising and I pester him once again on the status of 'Toy Masters'.

Thank you for posting this, really. But I think it doesn't really belong in here.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Captain Power is awesome.

Totally awesome.

Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

..(some people on this site dont seem to like Masters of the Universe, oddly)

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Captain Power is awesome.

Totally awesome.

Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

..(some people on this site dont seem to like Masters of the Universe, oddly)
    Well, I imagine there might be some folks on this site that only like Princess of Power, but other than that I don't know of anyone that doesn't like Masters of the Universe here. Why would you say that?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I think you can't possibly like POP without liking Masters entirely.

I also think She-Ra wears a wig.

You can however like Captain Power, anytime, anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    I think you can't possibly like POP without liking Masters entirely.

I also think She-Ra wears a wig.

You can however like Captain Power, anytime, anywhere.
    That doesn't answer my question, but whatever.

I'm sure that everyone here is a fan of MotU in some way.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

..its not an arguement.

Just like Captain Power will not stop to argue with you if you are about to be digitized.
    He and his soldiers of the future will act fast to save you from this fate.
    ..(as would I)

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    When discussing the 1987 MOTU movie, they refer back to a previous episode where Roger Lay detailed some extras he offered to put together so WB could include them on the Blu-Fay. Does anyone happen to know which of the webcast's episodes that was? What is mentioned in this episode sounds pretty interesting, and it'd be great to hear what else Roger Lay wanted to do for WB's blu-ray release.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; November 6, 2012 at 10:10pm.