Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DJ Force Weapons Force - your source for lifesize props and replicas from Eternia

DJ Force Weapons Force - your source for lifesize props and replicas from Eternia

Well, I decided to start a topic here for my Weapons Forge, as not everybody is on Facebook.

So, enjoy!

To keep this first posting clear, Iīll just post a few of the pics that can be found on Facebook. From time to time I will update the thread with a new posting dedicated to only one prop replica at a time. This will include lots of pictures then and can be well-known or brand new stuff.

So here we go! Welcome to the DJ Force Weapons Forge!

Prince Adam Sword

You might know this one already.
    Length: 97cm (app. 38 inches)
    Weight: 1.4 kg (app. 3.1 lb)

Man-At-Arms Blasterpistol

One of my very first lifesize props was the little blasterpistol that came with the vintage Castle Grayskull, and was later introduced to MOTUC with the Man-At-Arms actionfigure (and subsequently with the Weapons Rack)

Weapons Rack Blaster Rifle

This is the Rifle that came with the vintage Castle Grayskull weaponsrack and Webstor, and was of course also used in the MOTUC line. I actually used the MOTUC version for reference about size, dimensions and shape. There are a few differences between both sculpts and I just happened to like the MOTUC version better.
    Iīll further talk about the rifle later, with more detailled pics and some WIPs as well.

Queen Marlenaīs scepter

I donīt only make weapons, I also make other accessories, like this for example. My wife needed this scepter to complete her Queen Marlena cosplay costume, so I started building.
    If you compare it with the MOTUC toy you will notice several differences in the details. The thing with toys is that they are really small and you just cannot add too many details. But on a lifesize prop you will miss them, because 10 times as big as the toy, the undetailled areas just look too flat, too boring. You need to do something about that if you want to give the impression of a "real deal".

Grayskull shield

You have propably seen this already: the first of 6 different weapons from the vintage Castle Grayskullīs cardboard weapons rack.
    If you donīt remember what I am talking about, check the small image at the bottom right corner. Remember now?

Weapons Rack ax

This ax also came with Man-E-Weapons and Buzz-Off, and most propably with the vintage wonderbread He-Man, too. As a nod to these brownish, maroonish colored versions I added lots of "rust" to the blade and handle.

Sky-Sled (yes, you read this right)

If you attended either Grayskull Con or Power Con in 2012, you might have watched John Carrolls fanfilm "The Fountain of Life", and then you most propably have already seen this beast here in full glory. But until the official release of the fanfilm Iīll hold back posting full images and leave you with this teaser/WIP.

She-Ra shield

First commission: She-Raīs shield. Here in an early stage. Lotīs of details to be added:

Weapons Rack Blasterpistol

Version 2.0 of the Grayskull pistol. All new handle and some new details, while the overall shape stayed the same. Very sloppy paint job as I were in a rush to get it finished for the filming of The Fountain of Life and The Trials of Darksmoke.
    Last edited by DJ Force; November 1, 2012 at 03:46am.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Dude, these are amazing. I've admired them ever since I first saw them. Really great work.

It's so cool to see these accessories coming to life in full scale. I wish I had a whole armoury full of them, lol.

What do you make them out of?
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Snappy Threader
    I especially like the Man-At-Arms blaster pistol....

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Those are very cool! Great work man, I would love to have the Webstor blaster and Buzz-Off axe.

Thank you so much everybody! It really means a lot.
    I just love building these. And masterenglish: I AM available for commissions
    Hordemonkey: In most cases I use sheets of PVC, cut, glue, sand, fill, sand again.... I have a 10-page "instructions booklet" for the Dagger of He-Man that I will post one day. As of now itīs written in German, but I am working on a translation.

Advertising
    If you want to see any of these lifesize props up close, come to Grayskull Con. Everything I build will be on display, with something new and surprising each year. I know thatīs quite a distance to travel, especially for American fans. But itīs worth it
    /Advertising

Anyway. Today Iīd like to present the first set of pictures for a prop, after the brief overview I posted initially.
    I present: The Grayskull Halberd!

Full Frontal.

Blade close-up. The original toy doesnīt show the detailing, but I always add some details to my work that isnīt shown in small toy-scale.

Work in Progress.

Hope you like it!
    Positivity, folks!

Very awesome stuff. I was actually looking for a blacksmith in my area to make me a power sword and sword of omens but it was really expensive. Beautiful work.
    Last edited by evenflow; November 7, 2012 at 02:23pm.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Awesome work! I've always enjoyed your work! I'm exactly like you (and many others I imagine) in that I always wanted to be able to hold these items in real life. After I finish my Power Sword, I have many others that I want to do next. Keep up the awesome work!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    these looks sooo awesome!

I want to build my own weapons rack w/ all these great weapons set up on it!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Wow, the Halberd is amazing man!

Thank you!

Hereīs something new for your entertainment!

My Ninjor cosplay

This was intended to be my Halloween costume for 2011, but in the end I couldnīt even attend the Halloween party where I wanted to show it.
    So I took some more time, did some more work and now this costume is featured in the MOTU fanfilm "The Fountain of Life".

And of course Iīll post a pic of the completed costume soon, I just need to find the time for a photoshoot...

Facemask. This is a brandnew design, as the vintage actionfigure didnīt have any sort of mask except the "ski mask" hoodie-thingie... But it looked ridiculous, so I had to come up with something new.

Ninjorīs sword. This is propably my most altered design ever from a vintage toy, because - honestly - the vintage sword was just SO bland.

Handle detail. The dragon is the same dragon as Ninjorīs chest symbol, just in a different pose. The eyes are "diamonds".
    Last edited by DJ Force; November 10, 2012 at 02:57am.
    Positivity, folks!

Have you seen this bird?

Bright, colorful and responds to the name of Zoar. If found, please return to Castle Grayskull.
    Positivity, folks!

Ooooooooooh
    How big is Zoar?

Examine the pic a little closer. On the top left hand you see a... well, a hand
    Positivity, folks!

Lol, I thought that was a brown leaf!
    Well, it is late
    Very cool bird,
    My son still loves the weapons rack he stood next too 2 years ago btw.

Glad to hear that! Try to come again next year and he will be able to stand next to the Grayskull turret cannon! And if he asks nicely, he may even pivot the gun
    Positivity, folks!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    weapons rack axe is amazing. holy cow.

can u post pics of the weapons on ur hand? so we can have an idea of the size
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

I most certainly can. Just let me know which weapon youīd like to see and Iīll have a quick photoshoot
    Positivity, folks!

Okay folks. This is the picture set you all have been waiting for. Thereīs still some work to do, but I had to bring this piece to Grayskull Con 2012 anyway. So these pics (all taken at Graysull Con) show an unfinished prop replica. As soon as I find the time to finalize building this thing, Iīll take a bunch of new photos to share.

My big project for Grayskull Con 2012. Obviously, the laserbeams are photoshoped. Nevertheless, the whole thing is indeed illuminated, as you can see in a later picture.

Side view. The gun can svivel up and down. In direct comparison to the vintage toy there are several new details. Most importantly I added the hoses at the front. Took inspiration for that from a battleship gunturret that I found online

Although Iīve been told that this prop was rather impressive, it wasnīt finished. I simply ran out of time to add a light-up feature to that hole in the middle. Once I find the time to add it, Iīll take new pictures.

Again, photoshop-laserbeams.

In this picture you can see the "metal beams" that support the muzzle tubes. Like with the hoses, this inspiration came from an online photo of a battleship gunturret.

This is how the stand looks in the darkness. Fully illuminated with orange and red lights (you cannot tell which is which in this pic, though).

And here it is from the front. In a hurry I forgot to add the transparent blue covers for those big squares of light. And I also forgot to add more lights to the right side, cause there are far more on the left side. Guess I have to drill some more holes or take pics from the other side

BTW: I just noticed a typo in the thread title. Could a mod please change "Weapons Force" to "Weapons Forge", please?
    Positivity, folks!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Man, that cannon is just something else entirely. Next you'll be making the rest of Castle Grayskull in life-size format, lol.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Haha, donīt tempt me

My next large size item is already planned and scheduled for next years Grayskull Con. It wonīt be the castle, though, but something visitors of Grayskull Con will definetly enjoy to take their pictures with
    Positivity, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    It wonīt be the castle, though, but something visitors of Grayskull Con will definetly enjoy to take their pictures with
    Sounds awesome. Maybe this time around I'll remember to photograph myself next to the Props.
    Forgot it totally this year.

OMG!!! What a mess of drool I have to clean up on my desk!!!!!

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.