Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Halloween is OVER, BRING ON CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,045

    Halloween is OVER, BRING ON CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

    Finally I can stop being PC and celebrate Christmas in the open!! I know you Americans like waiting until thanksgiving is over, but here in Canada I had my turkey WEEKS ago! SO.....


    Haul out the holly
    Put up the tree before my spirit falls again
    Fill up the stocking
    I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now

    For we need a little Christmas
    Right this very minute
    Candles in the window
    Carols at the spinet

    Yes, we need a little Christmas
    Right this very minute
    It hasn't snowed a single flurry
    But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry

    So climb down the chimney
    Turn on the brightest string of light I've ever seen
    Slice up the fruitcake
    It's time we hung some tinsel on that evergreen bough

    For I've grown a little leaner
    Grown a little colder
    Grown a little sadder
    Grown a little older

    And I need a little angel
    Sitting on my shoulder
    Need a little CHristmas now

    For we need a little music
    Need a little laughter
    Need a little singing
    Ringing through the rafter

    And we need a little snappy
    "Happy ever after"
    Need a little Christmas now
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  2. #2
    Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    North West England
    Posts
    1,655
    We've still got Bonfire Night here in the UK... ear plugs in! Even in my 40's I still look forward to Christmas though. All Shopping was done before July. People scoff at me every time I tell them, but I won't be running aroung like a nutter come Christmas Eve
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

  3. #3
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,045
    I start my shopping in august usually.



    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  4. #4
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,891

  5. #5
    Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Monroe, LA
    Posts
    5,664
    Here in the States, people are still whining about the election. So it will probably be a few more days until the annual Christmas Wars start up again, which don't really kick into high gear until after Thanksgiving although there will be some grumbling beforehand if I know my countrymen-and-women.

    Whatever you like to do during the holiday season, as a preacher I can honestly say... have fun!
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

    "Sister Edith is in the hospital this week. She is having trouble sleeping and has requested tapes of Pastor Dave's sermons..."

  6. #6
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,045
    For me, Christmas goes away too fast, So I give people Halloween, but once it's done, I'm ALL about the Claus and Baby Jesus! (this ain't the tar swamp so don't argue about either of em please! )
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  7. #7
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,532
    Excellent! And thanks for officially kicking off my countdown to Christmas.

    I love that the stores already have Christmas decorations and items and are beginning to play Christmas music. It's absolutely my favorite time of the year. In fact, I love Christmas so much that the last few years I've been putting together the idea for launching a new holiday called Halfmas. It would fall on June 25th, exactly halfway to Christmas. We'd all buy and put up half a tree, hang half a mistletoe and drink demitasses of egg nog. A whole opportunity awaits for music artists to come up with new songs and one would think retailers and children would love the idea. Happy Halfmas, everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Finally I can stop being PC and celebrate Christmas in the open!! I know you Americans like waiting until thanksgiving is over, but here in Canada I had my turkey WEEKS ago! SO.....


    Haul out the holly
    Put up the tree before my spirit falls again
    Fill up the stocking
    I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now

    For we need a little Christmas
    Right this very minute
    Candles in the window
    Carols at the spinet

    Yes, we need a little Christmas
    Right this very minute
    It hasn't snowed a single flurry
    But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry

    So climb down the chimney
    Turn on the brightest string of light I've ever seen
    Slice up the fruitcake
    It's time we hung some tinsel on that evergreen bough

    For I've grown a little leaner
    Grown a little colder
    Grown a little sadder
    Grown a little older

    And I need a little angel
    Sitting on my shoulder
    Need a little CHristmas now

    For we need a little music
    Need a little laughter
    Need a little singing
    Ringing through the rafter

    And we need a little snappy
    "Happy ever after"
    Need a little Christmas now

  8. #8
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,289
    So where's my present, k-man?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Please, stores were already selling Xmas stuff back in Sept. I'm surprised they don't just eliminate Halloween altogether so they have more time to push Xmas. I mean, they already only give Halloween decorations a small space at stores these days anyway. Not to mention the health nuts are trying to ruin it by talking about how bad candy is for someone instead of just shutting the blank up. What is the point?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,497
    You don't have to feel bad about wanting X-Mas, cause since August some X-Mas commercials popped up here and there in the states very subtly, and since it's the biggest economic event of the year; all the other Holidays are usually ignored with not much advertisement or pomp! But enjoy my friend cause i admit I love my Halloween (sadly here in NYC it will never be now) and I love to get my eats on for Turkey Day, Christmas is that time of year where it's not only gifts, but those big extra BONUSES!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  11. #11
    SoH Supporter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,526
    At the TRU I work at the occasional christmas song started popping up on the radio starting Tuesday....so before Halloween. I try not to think about Christmas till AFTER Turkey Day!

  12. #12
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,532
    The point of their talking about how bad and unhealthy candy is -- even when enjoyed in moderation during a festive holiday such as Halloween -- Dr. Kain, is that some people are only happy when others are unhappy. It's not about their genuine concerns about health or the welfare of others. Quite the opposite. In their twisted minds they view all of life as a zero sum game, which is to say they feel that if others gain happiness -- whether it's from candy, relationships or anything at all -- then it somehow detracts from their own happiness.. which sadly and ironically, because of their sociopathic view of life, it does.

    These people really require their own zipcode. We all would be well advised to not even enter into discussion with them as that is precisely what they want and, too, such discussions are futile as these people are intractable and incapable of listening to logic since that is not their goal. Rather, their goal is to vampire-suck happiness from others.

    Ultimately, the punishment for such individuals is that they must awaken every day and be themselves -- filled with enmity and consumed by toxic loathing of their fellow men (and women), while people like you and me are rewarded with getting to wake up and be ourselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Please, stores were already selling Xmas stuff back in Sept. I'm surprised they don't just eliminate Halloween altogether so they have more time to push Xmas. I mean, they already only give Halloween decorations a small space at stores these days anyway. Not to mention the health nuts are trying to ruin it by talking about how bad candy is for someone instead of just shutting the blank up. What is the point?
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; November 1, 2012 at 01:47pm.

  13. #13
    For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Port Macquarie, Australia
    Posts
    2,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    The point of their talking about how bad and unhealthy candy is -- even when enjoyed in moderation during a festive holiday such as Halloween -- Dr. Kain, is that some people are only happy when others are unhappy. It's not about their genuine concerns about health or the welfare of others. Quite the opposite. In their twisted minds they view all of life as a zero sum game, which is to say they feel that if others gain happiness -- whether it's from candy, relationships or anything at all -- then it somehow detracts from their own happiness.. which sadly and ironically, because of their sociopathic view of life, it does.

    These people really require their own zipcode. We all would be well advised to not even enter into discussion with them as that is precisely what they want and, too, such discussions are futile as these people are intractable and incapable of listening to logic since that is not their goal. Rather, their goal is to vampire-suck happiness from others.

    Ultimately, the punishment for such individuals is that they must awaken every day and be themselves -- filled with enmity and consumed by toxic loathing of their fellow men (and women), while people like you and me are rewarded with getting to wake up and be ourselves.
    I feel this way about ALOT of Australians at Halloween time, its slowly converting over to a more and more excepted tradition but we forever have the ones that say we dont support Halloween because its an American tradition. How about you get over it and be happy for the kids to dress up and help carve pumpkins and so on.

    I had my local postie come around and said that my house was by far the bast he saw in town, mind you there was only a couple that set up, but for me i have kids and love stting up the house for them.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •