Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween is OVER, BRING ON CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Halloween is OVER, BRING ON CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Finally I can stop being PC and celebrate Christmas in the open!! I know you Americans like waiting until thanksgiving is over, but here in Canada I had my turkey WEEKS ago! SO.....

Haul out the holly
    Put up the tree before my spirit falls again
    Fill up the stocking
    I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now

For we need a little Christmas
    Right this very minute
    Candles in the window
    Carols at the spinet

Yes, we need a little Christmas
    Right this very minute
    It hasn't snowed a single flurry
    But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry

So climb down the chimney
    Turn on the brightest string of light I've ever seen
    Slice up the fruitcake
    It's time we hung some tinsel on that evergreen bough

For I've grown a little leaner
    Grown a little colder
    Grown a little sadder
    Grown a little older

And I need a little angel
    Sitting on my shoulder
    Need a little CHristmas now

For we need a little music
    Need a little laughter
    Need a little singing
    Ringing through the rafter

And we need a little snappy
    "Happy ever after"
    Need a little Christmas now
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    We've still got Bonfire Night here in the UK... ear plugs in! Even in my 40's I still look forward to Christmas though. All Shopping was done before July. People scoff at me every time I tell them, but I won't be running aroung like a nutter come Christmas Eve
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

I start my shopping in august usually.

CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Here in the States, people are still whining about the election. So it will probably be a few more days until the annual Christmas Wars start up again, which don't really kick into high gear until after Thanksgiving although there will be some grumbling beforehand if I know my countrymen-and-women.

Whatever you like to do during the holiday season, as a preacher I can honestly say... have fun!
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

For me, Christmas goes away too fast, So I give people Halloween, but once it's done, I'm ALL about the Claus and Baby Jesus! (this ain't the tar swamp so don't argue about either of em please! )

Fear is faith in failure

Master of New Adventures!
    Excellent! And thanks for officially kicking off my countdown to Christmas.

I love that the stores already have Christmas decorations and items and are beginning to play Christmas music. It's absolutely my favorite time of the year. In fact, I love Christmas so much that the last few years I've been putting together the idea for launching a new holiday called Halfmas. It would fall on June 25th, exactly halfway to Christmas. We'd all buy and put up half a tree, hang half a mistletoe and drink demitasses of egg nog. A whole opportunity awaits for music artists to come up with new songs and one would think retailers and children would love the idea. Happy Halfmas, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Finally I can stop being PC and celebrate Christmas in the open!! I know you Americans like waiting until thanksgiving is over, but here in Canada I had my turkey WEEKS ago! SO.....

Haul out the holly
    Put up the tree before my spirit falls again
    Fill up the stocking
    I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now

For we need a little Christmas
    Right this very minute
    Candles in the window
    Carols at the spinet

Yes, we need a little Christmas
    Right this very minute
    It hasn't snowed a single flurry
    But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry

So climb down the chimney
    Turn on the brightest string of light I've ever seen
    Slice up the fruitcake
    It's time we hung some tinsel on that evergreen bough

For I've grown a little leaner
    Grown a little colder
    Grown a little sadder
    Grown a little older

And I need a little angel
    Sitting on my shoulder
    Need a little CHristmas now

For we need a little music
    Need a little laughter
    Need a little singing
    Ringing through the rafter

And we need a little snappy
    "Happy ever after"
    Need a little Christmas now

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    So where's my present, k-man?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Please, stores were already selling Xmas stuff back in Sept. I'm surprised they don't just eliminate Halloween altogether so they have more time to push Xmas. I mean, they already only give Halloween decorations a small space at stores these days anyway. Not to mention the health nuts are trying to ruin it by talking about how bad candy is for someone instead of just shutting the blank up. What is the point?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

You don't have to feel bad about wanting X-Mas, cause since August some X-Mas commercials popped up here and there in the states very subtly, and since it's the biggest economic event of the year; all the other Holidays are usually ignored with not much advertisement or pomp! But enjoy my friend cause i admit I love my Halloween (sadly here in NYC it will never be now) and I love to get my eats on for Turkey Day, Christmas is that time of year where it's not only gifts, but those big extra BONUSES!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    At the TRU I work at the occasional christmas song started popping up on the radio starting Tuesday....so before Halloween. I try not to think about Christmas till AFTER Turkey Day!

The point of their talking about how bad and unhealthy candy is -- even when enjoyed in moderation during a festive holiday such as Halloween -- Dr. Kain, is that some people are only happy when others are unhappy. It's not about their genuine concerns about health or the welfare of others. Quite the opposite. In their twisted minds they view all of life as a zero sum game, which is to say they feel that if others gain happiness -- whether it's from candy, relationships or anything at all -- then it somehow detracts from their own happiness.. which sadly and ironically, because of their sociopathic view of life, it does.

These people really require their own zipcode. We all would be well advised to not even enter into discussion with them as that is precisely what they want and, too, such discussions are futile as these people are intractable and incapable of listening to logic since that is not their goal. Rather, their goal is to vampire-suck happiness from others.

Ultimately, the punishment for such individuals is that they must awaken every day and be themselves -- filled with enmity and consumed by toxic loathing of their fellow men (and women), while people like you and me are rewarded with getting to wake up and be ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Please, stores were already selling Xmas stuff back in Sept. I'm surprised they don't just eliminate Halloween altogether so they have more time to push Xmas. I mean, they already only give Halloween decorations a small space at stores these days anyway. Not to mention the health nuts are trying to ruin it by talking about how bad candy is for someone instead of just shutting the blank up. What is the point?
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; November 1, 2012 at 01:47pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Excellent! And thanks for officially kicking off my countdown to Christmas.

I love that the stores already have Christmas decorations and items and are beginning to play Christmas music. It's absolutely my favorite time of the year. In fact, I love Christmas so much that the last few years I've been putting together the idea for launching a new holiday called Halfmas. It would fall on June 25th, exactly halfway to Christmas. We'd all buy and put up half a tree, hang half a mistletoe and drink demitasses of egg nog. A whole opportunity awaits for music artists to come up with new songs and one would think retailers and children would love the idea. Happy Halfmas, everyone!
    Halfmas would be great!! When I was a kid I would get a present and a cupcake for my half birthday, so Halfmas is right up my alley!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    So where's my present, k-man?
    It's in Jamaica, when I go there this year I will pick it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    The point is I love Christmas!! I saw minimal christmas stuff in September, but now they can go full force!! plus Candy is only bad if you over indulge too often, like ANYTHING else, even health food. Hell I've been eating healthy for weeks and it's now giving me headaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    At the TRU I work at the occasional christmas song started popping up on the radio starting Tuesday....so before Halloween. I try not to think about Christmas till AFTER Turkey Day!
    Well I'm in Canada so Turkey passed weeks ago! it's smooth sailing from here on in!

Fear is faith in failure

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar

Well I'm in Canada so Turkey passed weeks ago! it's smooth sailing from here on in!
    Yup, Well, I'll be with ya in Christmas Spirit in 3 weeks or so. Till then I'm keeping my Halloween Decorations up in protest....

Heroic Warrior
    I'm starting my Christmas shopping now. Even though I started on this charity thing at church where you put things in a shoebox to donate to needy kids (like hats, gloves, toys, toothbrushes, etc.).

I LOVE Christmas! It is my FAVORITE time of year! I listen to Christmas music ALL year long, but the listening has really picked up over the last week.

Already joined Secret Santa here on He-Man.org for the 3rd year in a row and already signed up for Bell Ringing with the Salvation Army. Can't wait to put up the tree, decorate the inside and outside of the house, and to go shopping for Toys 4 Tots. All part of the joyous celebration! Woo hoo!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Burtonnut View Post
    I'm starting my Christmas shopping now. Even though I started on this charity thing at church where you put things in a shoebox to donate to needy kids (like hats, gloves, toys, toothbrushes, etc.).
    Operation Shoebox/ Christmas Child with Samaritan's Purse. LOVE doing this every year!!!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    It's in Jamaica, when I go there this year I will pick it up!
    Sweet! I'll be waiting...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Finn!!!!

So far for my charity, I got them the following:
    -Toys (boy gets Hot Wheels, girl gets a Cinderella figure)
    -Hats (boy gets red, girl gets purple)
    -Gloves (boy gets red and black, girl gets purple and black)
    -Toothbrushes (boy gets red, girl gets purple)
    -Toothpaste
    -Comic book (Boy gets Spiderman/Avengers comic, girl gets Strawberry Shortcake. I wanted to get the girl a Wonder Woman comic, but the only ones they had were for either teens or adults so that way she could have a female role model)

I was also thinking of getting them a book, notebook and pencils, and pez dispensers (not sure which one to get the girl, but I can get the boy one of the Avengers).

BTW it's for kids ages 5-9

I've been counting down the days for weeks! Today at work I told one of my co-workers that there's only 54 shopping days left and she threatened to wash my mouth out with soap.

My shopping's finished; has been for ages. I usually start on Boxing Day stocking up on deals for next year, and keep my eye out all year round for sales. I work in retail so the last thing I want to do is go shopping on my break or after work. I learned my lesson years ago. I also do a lot of baking, and I need most of December to do that anyway.

You'd better define Boxing Day as many/most Americans don't know when it is or what it stands for. (Having lived in the Bahamas -- whose Junkanoo festival starts on Boxing Day -- I tend to be an exception. )

Quote Originally Posted by flutterina View Post
    I've been counting down the days for weeks! Today at work I told one of my co-workers that there's only 54 shopping days left and she threatened to wash my mouth out with soap.

My shopping's finished; has been for ages. I usually start on Boxing Day stocking up on deals for next year, and keep my eye out all year round for sales. I work in retail so the last thing I want to do is go shopping on my break or after work. I learned my lesson years ago. I also do a lot of baking, and I need most of December to do that anyway.

Heroic Warrior
    still early for me. didn't really need to see the local K-Mart have a x-mas display last month.

You'd better define Boxing Day as many/most Americans don't know when it is or what it stands for. (Having lived in the Bahamas -- whose Junkanoo festival starts on Boxing Day -- I tend to be an exception. )
    I am SO impressed that you know Junkanoo!!! they do it in Jamaica too!

Fear is faith in failure

The town I live in put up their Christmas tree in the town square three weeks ago. It's not lit yet because the lighting of the tree is an actual event, but when I was coming home from work last night, I noticed that the little trees around the square already have white lights on them, which is actually kind of nice.

I'm working a part-time retail job at our mall this year, so I'm actually a little nervous about the holidays. I've never so much as gone to a convenience store on Black Friday, and I try to avoid the mall after December 15th. This year, my family and I are doing a homemade Christmas, so I'll only be at the mall to work.

I am excited about the holiday potluck our team at my full-time job does every year. This is my first year organizing it on my own, and I'd like to make the decorations for the room we'll be in. Cnn.com had an article about Halloween decorations that I can modify for Christmas. I'd also like to buy or make holiday crackers (those tube-like things that look like candy, and that have little gifts inside when you pull them apart).
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements."

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be."

~Peter Gibbons, Office Space

"How 'bout you not judge? How 'bout you just love?"

~Me

Watching Muppet Family Christmas on my phone right now!!

Fear is faith in failure

I am SO impressed that you know Junkanoo!!! they do it in Jamaica too!
    I guess I am an exception as well since I also know about Boxing Day (from having an inquisitive mind) and Junkanoo (through visiting both the Bahamas and Jamaica on several occassions).

But back to Christmas, I just bought 2 new Christmas cd's. I try to buy 2-3 per year and am listening to "The Best of Burl Ives" right now.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.