Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You Haven't Pre-Ordered Grayskull what would it take secure your purchase?

Hybrid View

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

If You Haven't Pre-Ordered Grayskull what would it take to secure your purchase?

I ran across this poll about reasons for not pre-ordering Castle Grayskull, which I hope you all vote in if you are not pre-ordering.

This got me thinking. If you haven't pre-ordered, what would it take to get you to take the plunge?
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I'm a procrastinator. I'll order my two before time's up.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Honestly, at this point, I just can't see myself buying it at all. As I said in the other topic, it would be nothing more than wallpaper to me, a background prop, a really expensive one. Plus, the MOTU flame has pretty much gone out for me and now I am buying the figures just to buy them, not because I am enjoying them.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Not knowing what 2013 has in store for me, and buying the sub, has me pondering it, plus the shear huge size of it vs my display room size, plus the cost outside my toy budget, makes it really hard to say yes to, but on the other hand, if nothing else in Classics will be valuable, this will, it will be limited in numbers, run only once (likely), if not a retail version would not be the same anyway.

And with my now loose collection, it would be a perfect display for the good guys, but, my figures are in release order single file on shelves....and that being my preferred method of display....CG would likely stay MIB leaning up against the wall, I would play with it from time to time, but otherwise...., and for $300 with shipping....that's one expensive doorstop.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I can think of half a dozen reasons not to preorder this item. Honestly, the mock up did not interest me. I thought about it, and for all my complaints, I would buy under either of these circumstances.

1. If the playset was complete with 4 walls. I don't actually play with my toys, but if offered something that was a major upgrade from what I already own, it would be worth it. At this price point, anything short of having 4 walls is just a slightly modified 200x... CG and I already have that.

2. If we were getting a larger scale facade. Again, since I don't play with my toys, I could skip a 'playset' completely, leave that to the vintage line, and the 200x line, and just have a massive 1 panel display piece that looks more like the Filmation castle. Perhaps with a 20-25'' high door, and an overall height of 50'' or more. Maybe some small platforms in the eyes to show the Sorceress within, but that's it.

Since neither of these options is a reality, I'm passing.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; November 2, 2012 at 01:00am.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, they (matty and digital river) keep sending my orders to Sweden before they come back to Canada. This has been going on for a year now. Oh, and because shipping is getting so expensive, they've had to raise shipping prices for next year. And all us Canadians have asked why are our purchases being sent to Sweden and they don't have an answer for us except that it may or may not be the United States Postal Service's fault. I would have taken any answer from them at this point including "We're working on it". But their silence has been deafening so until they get their act together, I will not be purchasing.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I'm a procrastinator. I'll order my two before time's up.
    This.

I am Procrastinate-or.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I have a feeling, when we who ordered it have it in hand and can't stop talking about how great it is and are posting pics of it with our figures, it will suddenly be worth the $250 + shipping to many people who are right now saying it is not. Unfortunately, it will be too late for them and they will feel even more bitter that they are missing out or paying even more on the secondary market.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I have a feeling, when we who ordered it have it in hand and can't stop talking about how great it is and are posting pics of it with our figures, it will suddenly be worth the $250 + shipping to many people who are right now saying it is not. Unfortunately, it will be too late for them and they will feel even more bitter that they are missing out or paying even more on the secondary market.
    And what will we say if it turns out to be a cheap piece of junk with peeling painted over black plastic and hinges that break on first use?
    Last edited by kup; November 3, 2012 at 11:30am.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I ran across this poll about reasons for not pre-ordering Castle Grayskull, which I hope you all vote in if you are not pre-ordering.

This got me thinking. If you haven't pre-ordered, what would it take to get you to take the plunge?
    Money! And lots of it.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    And what will we say if it turns out to be a cheap piece of junk with peeling painted over black plastic and hinges that break on first use?
    The black plastic was used on figures because they were sharing parts among different figures. That is not a concern for this playset because they will not be sharing parts of Grayskull with other playsets.

The black plastic was used on figures because they were sharing parts among different figures. That is not a concern for this playset because they will not be sharing parts of Grayskull with other playsets.
    It was just a sarcastic example that there is a potential for us to be shortchanged on quality given that's what Matty has been doing for this whole year.

It was just a sarcastic example that there is a potential for us to be shortchanged on quality given that's what Matty has been doing for this whole year.
    The potential for this is a near guarantee I'd say If Design and production can screw up a $20 figure badly (paint choice, reversed parts, breakage) what will happen with a $250 item. Its hard to find my blind trust in Mattel worth it to deliver quality for such a high priced item. 8 days to go, I'm still on D fence.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Maybe, but the truth is that Mattel regularly cuts costs in ways that negatively and substantially affect the quality of their product. And no one should fault those who refuse to give Mattel the benefit of the doubt any longer (not saying that you personally are doing that).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    The potential for this is a near guarantee I'd say If Design and production can screw up a $20 figure badly (paint choice, reversed parts, breakage) what will happen with a $250 item. Its hard to find my blind trust in Mattel worth it to deliver quality for such a high priced item. 8 days to go, I'm still on D fence.
    Just think of how many newly tooled parts there will be on this. How are they possibly going to get all those new parts right when they still can't even get right v left correct? I hope I'm wrong and that those who are ordering get a perfect castle. The good news is there is probably no potential for them to reverse right and left again, as long as the hinge is placed on the correct side

The elevator will go from side to side instead of up and down

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
    As much as I would love to see this get made, and I ordered mine already, I seriously doubt this will come to fruition.
    I'm thinking this as well. I ordered as well.

I think the playset with the foam mock-up and the size comparison with the vintage castle including the statement by the 4H is enough. I'm in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    How are they possibly going to get all those new parts right when they still can't even get right v left correct? I hope I'm wrong and that those who are ordering get a perfect castle. The good news is there is probably no potential for them to reverse right and left again, as long as the hinge is placed on the correct side
    I find it hilarious that fans are still bringing up right versus left mistakes... That was over a year and a half ago....
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Just wanted to set the record straight because initially people were truthfully wondering if this might happen. I don't want anyone to be misinformed and have it taint their decision to buy the castle.

If Toyguru said if the minimum goal is met they will look into a Point Dread/Talon Fighter add on set as a preorder and fill the thermometer they would definately do a Point DreadTalon Fighter add on set as a preorder, then I will totally buy in. Also float there are numbers needed, do not need to be specific numbers, that need to be reached to green light a Snake Mountain set.

Heroic Warrior
    Finally, if they release only the front piece with an articulated jaw bridge for 80$ without any further action features for displaying...

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    People, you have one year to save for this thing. It's up to you but just so you know there is plenty of time to save for this thing. Got my order in so I'm doing my part

I'm continuing to try and persuade people to pre-order this end-all-be-all of MOTU collectibles over on my blog-- http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Remember people, if you live in the US, you only need to put aside $25 a month from now until next Nov to cover the cost of this thing delivered to your door!!

Plan! Save! It's not that hard and it will be soooooo worth it!
    Last edited by GrenadierStinny; November 8, 2012 at 04:46pm. Reason: spelling error
    Come be a part of my Toy News Network-- updated daily! - http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Read all about the best legendary toy lines at Stinny's Toy History! - http://toy-history.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GrenadierStinny View Post
    I'm continuing to try and persuade people to pre-order this end-all-be-all of MOTU collectibles over on my blog-- http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Remember people, if you live in the US, you only need to put aside $25 a month from not until next Nov to cover the cost of this thing delivered to your door!!

Plan! Save! It's not that hard and it will be soooooo worth it!

SEE!!! That's the spirit!!! Come on Guys!!! We are almost there! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    I SOOOO WANT TO PRE ORDER, BUT I GET A VALIDATION ERROR AND NEITHER MATTY NOR MY BANK CAN ASSIST ME!!!!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    When I watch Scott's video, I don't really think "Man, I sure would love a $300 Castle Grayskull playset in plastic!", I think "Man, I sure wish they'd color the inside of that posterboard and sell it to me for 20 bucks."

If you're planning on ordering Castle Grayskull but haven't yet, how come?

I am the king of the procrastinators, so I'm just curious since ToyGuru said that the sooner they hit the minimum the better whey people are holding off if they know they're going to get one, particularly since there isn't ANY actual charge to your account until next year when it's ready to ship.

(I mainly wanted to get that last bit of info out there since I'm not sure if Mattel REALLY has gotten the word out that there is NO charge at this time.)
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.