Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: If You Haven't Pre-Ordered Grayskull what would it take secure your purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    The black plastic was used on figures because they were sharing parts among different figures. That is not a concern for this playset because they will not be sharing parts of Grayskull with other playsets.
    Maybe, but the truth is that Mattel regularly cuts costs in ways that negatively and substantially affect the quality of their product. And no one should fault those who refuse to give Mattel the benefit of the doubt any longer (not saying that you personally are doing that).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    The potential for this is a near guarantee I'd say If Design and production can screw up a $20 figure badly (paint choice, reversed parts, breakage) what will happen with a $250 item. Its hard to find my blind trust in Mattel worth it to deliver quality for such a high priced item. 8 days to go, I'm still on D fence.
    Just think of how many newly tooled parts there will be on this. How are they possibly going to get all those new parts right when they still can't even get right v left correct? I hope I'm wrong and that those who are ordering get a perfect castle. The good news is there is probably no potential for them to reverse right and left again, as long as the hinge is placed on the correct side

The elevator will go from side to side instead of up and down

A new job. Seriously, just the timing compared to my career's bad luck and an uncertain 2013. Otherwise, looks great and the price seems reasonable.

For all the fence sitters, I read and understand your concerns.. it's quite simple though. .if you want it,you take the chance.. just depends on how bad you want it. .

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
    As much as I would love to see this get made, and I ordered mine already, I seriously doubt this will come to fruition.
    I'm thinking this as well. I ordered as well.

I think the playset with the foam mock-up and the size comparison with the vintage castle including the statement by the 4H is enough. I'm in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    How are they possibly going to get all those new parts right when they still can't even get right v left correct? I hope I'm wrong and that those who are ordering get a perfect castle. The good news is there is probably no potential for them to reverse right and left again, as long as the hinge is placed on the correct side
    I find it hilarious that fans are still bringing up right versus left mistakes... That was over a year and a half ago....
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post

I think the playset with the foam mock-up and the size comparison with the vintage castle including the statement by the 4H is enough. I'm in.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it hilarious that fans are still bringing up right versus left mistakes... That was over a year and a half ago....
    Apart from Frosta who was last month..... and Stinkor earlier in the year. It's things like this that keep happenning that don't fill people with confidence.

and yet, it still happened with Frosta's arms , and that they consciously chose to forego the difference of right and left when choosing Stinkor's forearms.

I find it hilarious that there are fans that are still confident that Mattel would stop making questionable "design choices"

"Consistency is the mother of a reputation"

The fact that the possibility of Mattel screwing up something fierce on such a high ticket item is a real concern with a lot of fans, especially international ones like me.
    And with such high shipping costs, I wonder if mattel would even be open to pay for the re-shipping if a replacement is needed.
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Yeah, not sure how the 'year and a half' was calculated....... Wasn't Frosta available less than a month ago?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The elevator will go from side to side instead of up and down
    You mean like Willy Wonka's Glass Wonkavator?

Yeah, that's... not true!

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    Apart from Frosta who was last month..... and Stinkor earlier in the year. It's things like this that keep happenning that don't fill people with confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashtoys View Post
    and yet, it still happened with Frosta's arms , and that they consciously chose to forego the difference of right and left when choosing Stinkor's forearms.
    Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    Yeah, not sure how the 'year and a half' was calculated....... Wasn't Frosta available less than a month ago?
    Some Matty Apologists will say anything!
    Now Showing
    Two Bad
    Coming Attractions
    Modulok

Heroic Warrior
    If You Haven't Pre-Ordered Grayskull what would it take secure your purchase ?
    Answer : a miracle, because

1) I don't want to use Matty's crappy website and disservices

2) I don't want to buy a $ 250 item based only on vague statements and on a poor and empty foam rendition of Castle Grayskull

3) There are expensive shipping costs, and STILL no international distribution centers

- - - Updated - - -

Mmmmmm..... Frosta???? Stinkor???
    Last edited by jibernish; November 5, 2012 at 07:58am.

Snappy Threader
    I have ordered mine, but the thing i hear most from peeps I try to recruit is that they either want to see it first or they think it won't go through. But, it won't go through unless they pre-order, so it's a double edged sword....

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It was just a sarcastic example that there is a potential for us to be shortchanged on quality given that's what Matty has been doing for this whole year.
    Just wanted to set the record straight because initially people were truthfully wondering if this might happen. I don't want anyone to be misinformed and have it taint their decision to buy the castle.

If Toyguru said if the minimum goal is met they will look into a Point Dread/Talon Fighter add on set as a preorder and fill the thermometer they would definately do a Point DreadTalon Fighter add on set as a preorder, then I will totally buy in. Also float there are numbers needed, do not need to be specific numbers, that need to be reached to green light a Snake Mountain set.

Heroic Warrior
    Finally, if they release only the front piece with an articulated jaw bridge for 80$ without any further action features for displaying...

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I have ordered mine, but the thing i hear most from peeps I try to recruit is that they either want to see it first.
    And rightfully so! I can't think of one thing I would hand over my credit card info and a promise to pay $250+ based on promises plastered with disclaimers of "Final specs subject to change". Seriously, I think the people NOT ordering are the smart ones. Matty preys off their fans' nostalgia and they know how to push all our buttons. 99% of all businesses--even small businesses with niche markets--have to foot the risk of creating and manufacturing product before they sell it. That is the risk vs reward that they get. Matty has placed all the risk on their fans and demands to reap all the rewards.

I did a mock order buying 2 to Australia. It came up to $730. That's ridiculous! I really want a CGC but at that price i'll stick to my vintage one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    And rightfully so! I can't think of one thing I would hand over my credit card info and a promise to pay $250+ based on promises plastered with disclaimers of "Final specs subject to change"... Matty has placed all the risk on their fans...
    This!↑
    It's not as if Matty has been so forthcoming and trustworthy to warrant blind faith. Right now the possible risks are higher than the possible reward.
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

I am one person that has not pre-ordered an Castle Grayskull, and I do not know what it would take for me to secure a purchase. Don't get me wrong, if it was very simple for me to pre order a Grayskull, I would have have done that on day one. I do love the plans that have been made to come with the Castle, how it would look and everything that goes with it. If I had to say money, at this moment in time is the issue for me, but that does not help on securing a purchase. There's uncertainty as well in my mind. I have thought in my mind back and forth if I should try to take a chance or do nothing. $250.00 is a lot for me to think about! If and it's a big IF...That I do decide to pre-order a Grayskull play set it will most likely be after Matty's goal is reached on November 12. However at this moment in time I don't know what to do. Not sure what will happen.

LONG LIVE MOTU/MOTUC'S
    Last edited by ralgonzo26; November 7, 2012 at 05:07pm.

If I had a job, stable income or won the lottery I would totally pre-order a CG.
    Don't think that will happen by the 12th though!
    Last edited by Mysterio; November 8, 2012 at 12:49pm.

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    People, you have one year to save for this thing. It's up to you but just so you know there is plenty of time to save for this thing. Got my order in so I'm doing my part
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm continuing to try and persuade people to pre-order this end-all-be-all of MOTU collectibles over on my blog-- http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Remember people, if you live in the US, you only need to put aside $25 a month from now until next Nov to cover the cost of this thing delivered to your door!!

Plan! Save! It's not that hard and it will be soooooo worth it!
    Last edited by GrenadierStinny; November 8, 2012 at 04:46pm. Reason: spelling error
    Come be a part of my Toy News Network-- updated daily! - http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Read all about the best legendary toy lines at Stinny's Toy History! - http://toy-history.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GrenadierStinny View Post
    I'm continuing to try and persuade people to pre-order this end-all-be-all of MOTU collectibles over on my blog-- http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Remember people, if you live in the US, you only need to put aside $25 a month from not until next Nov to cover the cost of this thing delivered to your door!!

Plan! Save! It's not that hard and it will be soooooo worth it!

SEE!!! That's the spirit!!! Come on Guys!!! We are almost there! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    I SOOOO WANT TO PRE ORDER, BUT I GET A VALIDATION ERROR AND NEITHER MATTY NOR MY BANK CAN ASSIST ME!!!!
    -= CAN WE EVER HAVE ENOUGH MOTU FIGURES? =-

NO WE CAN'T !!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    When I watch Scott's video, I don't really think "Man, I sure would love a $300 Castle Grayskull playset in plastic!", I think "Man, I sure wish they'd color the inside of that posterboard and sell it to me for 20 bucks."