Thread: Lucky Thrift store find - Kowl (and Orko)

Lucky Thrift store find - Kowl (and Orko)

Etherians,

I was walking through the toy section of a local thrift store and look what I found in a bin of old toys!

It's so weird because I JUST started watching She-Ra for the first time last week! He needs a good wash with warm soap and water and a lil paint work, but not bad for a few bucks, huh! He's a bit larger than I'd like, but he'll look pretty cool with Bow (as soon as I get a good deal on one).

Snappy Threader
    Amazing find. Kowl is quite a cool figure. Do his insides work?

In an embarrassing turn, I must admit I don't know what the gimmick with his insides are. His stomach lifts up and a little gear switch turns a little panel from green to red each time. I have no idea what he does and have been too busy with my recent move to investigate.

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    ah! that means he works! that's incredibly rare... that little thing on the inside is supposed to switch colors. green means yes, red means no, and yellow means maybe... you're supposed to ask him a question and lift the flap to see what he reveals! lol! awesome!
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Quote Originally Posted by Malev_Emperor View Post
    Etherians,

I was walking through the toy section of a local thrift store and look what I found in a bin of old toys!

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/y...s/DSCN3216.jpg

It's so weird because I JUST started watching She-Ra for the first time last week! He needs a good wash with warm soap and water and a lil paint work, but not bad for a few bucks, huh! He's a bit larger than I'd like, but he'll look pretty cool with Bow (as soon as I get a good deal on one).
    Awesome score! That's the point of the hunting right there! Also, be careful with the "warm water" usage. I'd say cool-warm. Depending on the paint, the cooler the better!

Heroic Warrior
    Great find with those 2 and orko has hat.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Thanks for the heads up. I used cool/warm water and it cleaned him right up! It might be hard to find paint that matches exactly, however!