Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The BUY A CASTLE GRAYSKULL support thread

The BUY A CASTLE GRAYSKULL support thread

Ok guys, our reaction to the possibility of losing our beloved MOTUC line back in july was amazing, and now we have another of our greatest dreams to fight for!
    We have a bit more than 2 months to convince as many people as we get to pre-order a Castle Grayskull, between:

- people on the fence because of the high price or not trusting Mattel without a sculpted prototype
    - international fans worried about such an highly expensive purchase considering shipping and customs
    - internet retailers who might have long time abandoned the idea of supporting motuc

and in general people still not aware of the existence of this amazing line!

Let's step out again and help Mattel pushing the pre-sales up to the minimum by getting the hype for CG alive!!
    Let's resort to the enthusiasm and frenzy of the last time!

We did it once, we'll do it again!!

I'm still in either way, if its anything close to the drawing, it'll be frickin amazing in my opinion. I wanted four sided, but the would have probably cost way to much. But am really enthused and excited. Thank god my display shelfs are adjustable. Now if we could just get a roton to balance out the vehicle ratio, I'll be happy.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Can you help me to figure out how much the DHL international shipment will be?
    All the international customers need to know the price of the shipment before buying it!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

I'm getting at least one!
    It's a FourHorsemen Castle Grayskull!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Well,

I'm getting one for sure. Cant get more atm, my pockets hurt.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I'm getting at least one!
    It's a FourHorsemen Castle Grayskull!!!
    Word. I'm only getting one Castle too and I'll keep the boxart in pristine condition! It's a Four Horsemen Castle Grayskull that would be in scale with Classics, better than the original with sculpted elements and possesses the same old features, along with new ones!

If this works, I hope it encourages others to come out with bigger items too (if they have the support). Imagine a TF Generations Omega Supreme that isn't an Energon remold? Or Metroplex? Trypticon? Fortress Maximus? Scorponox? Or a USS Flagg or that G.I. Joe Space Shuttle?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm definitely in for one! If it even remotely resembles what we've been shown it'll be well worth the price! The size of it is just going to be impressive!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

+1 for me no matter what!
    MOTUC is so awesome that is the only thing where I behave according to the rule: 'First buy, then think!'

Snappy Threader
    +1 for me. Just one, but one for sure.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    This is a rare opportunity to vote with our dollars that the ill-advised "Sub or Die" model never affords us.

I'd almost be in automatically just to support the idea of Mattel actually playing in the adult collector world for a change.

But then you add in the fact that, as Baena says, we actually get a 4H Castle Grayskull?
    That makes it an absolute no-brainer in my book.

Sooooooooo stoked to see something in 3D on this!!!!

I will be buying 2 (1 for me, 1 for my son).
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    I'll buy 1, but I'm not really interested in promoting Mattel's business for them. If they haven't figured out how to market and sell their products by themselves yet and this fails to meet quota, so be it.

I'm getting 2. One to open and display, of course. But I also want one mint in the box. Combine the low quantity produced with the Rudy Obrero box art and the overall awesomeness of CG, I think it will be a valuable piece down the road.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

I would like to buy one. Im going to see if any other orgers around Louisville, KY want to go in on one order to save on shipping.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

I'm in for one, maybe two. I'm hoping for a NEW Rudy Obrero painting for the box!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    I'll buy 1, but I'm not really interested in promoting Mattel's business for them. If they haven't figured out how to market and sell their products by themselves yet and this fails to meet quota, so be it.
    ahaha that's my boy,and he's apparently back!we missed you mate!

Heroic Warrior
    As long as no unexpected expenses come up I will be buying one. I think $250 is reasonable. This purchase doesn't just support castle grayskull, it supports a filmation snakemountain. I will start putting some money aside from my next check but I'm waiting until last minute to buy.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think the shipping is going to be as bad as people may think. Scott is preparing people for that, *but*, if they do it right (and I don't know why, but for some reason I'm ignoring all the wrong decisions and hoping this whole thing goes right), they can minimize it.

First, I have a feeling these are going to come from the factory ready-to-ship. By that I mean, each Grayskull comes in it's own art box, perhaps if they get fancy the white box around that (which, now that I think, they probably will), and then a third shipper that just needs a label attached to it to drop in the mail. Straight from the factory. With an item this large it only makes sense they won't ship multiples in one super humungous box, these will come ready to go. Because of that, all Digital River has to do is slap a shipping label on the other side and hand it to UPS/USPS, I don't think they will be marking the shipping up as much as they do for everyday products.

I'm sure some would scoff at that happening (insert probably correct Digital River Failure observation here), but my guess is they have something specific worked out as this will be an unusual, one time event mailing thousands of Grayskulls at once (even if it's in the low single digits, it's still significant). They may even work out something with their respective UPS/DHL/etc. reps for this purchase - businesses make deals for smaller runs all the time. Or who knows, they may just drop ship them all. I don't think it will be "SOP" as we have come to know the existing subscription shipping process.

As for our International friends, while I can partially understand why the numbers don't make it practical for MattyCollector to have a consistent European distribution for sub items, in this case, especially because Digital River isn't going to want to take a hit if they ship something as big as this and it doesn't arrive, I think they will make an exception and distribute some out of some Euro location as well. It just makes sense for this many items, this big. We know Mattel does have distribution centers in Europe, and while it may not make sense to ship them figures and dealing with that every month, I don't think it would be really crazy for them to do this one-time thing. It would go a long way toward making the project a success.

And it needs to be a success - this is do or die, for Scott. If this blows up in his face (hundreds or even just dozens of people internationally not getting their shipments would be pretty bad), it's a sad swan song for the line and his reputation. Notice how he keeps calling it an "experiment" like it's some science project with an unknown outcome, LOL. It will have a great outcome if it's done right - it's really his to mess up. If the clock ticks like it's supposed to, and the silly mistakes that happen with the main line so often are avoided, it's a home run. So it wouldn't surprise me if Scott flew up to Digital River's sub-contracted warehouse company, and checked each one personally.

+1 CG, maybe a second one to display,not sure yet. We have till Jan. 3rd right?

Can't wait for CG, If I could I'd get Two! Most powerful Fortress of Power, Secrets,treasures, time & space gates,weapons & good in the Universe!

The sheer volume of value adds that Mattel is proposing with this 'playset' make it a no-brainer for any fan of the franchise. Normally I would say no to such a pricey item, but two things make it a must, A) Mattel even agreeing to consider it given the so-called lapsed interest in MOTU of late, B) The fact that we may never see its like again. This may be our one shot to own such a gorgeous one-of-a-kind collectible, and I for one don't plan to miss out.

My only concern is that the ordering window seems awfully short. I know Mattel needs to lock in orders soon so that they can begin production in time to meet next years deadline, but... will it be enough time? I sincerely hope so.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    ahaha that's my boy,and he's apparently back!we missed you mate!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Heck yes! I'm getting one, opening it and keeping the box in excellent condition! Maybe eventually get it signed. Totally down for this! SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

As stated in another thread, it should probably be made known that the minimum target needs to be reached by November 10. They're taking pre-orders until January but if they don't hit minimum by November 10, it's game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    As stated in another thread, it should probably be made known that the minimum target needs to be reached by November 10. They're taking pre-orders until January but if they don't hit minimum by November 10, it's game over.
    Are you sure of it??
    It doesn't make any sense to have the minimum target to be reached in november while the preorders keep being up!