Thread: Battlestar Galactica Caprica

Battlestar Galactica Caprica

Saw the first 2 episodes and I'm loving it! This is coming from someone that couldn't stand BSG. I love the photography, the characters are phenomenal, the story is twisty, everyone has there own agenda. I'm so into it I was inspired to order myself a fedora so I can walk around and pretend i'm a Tauron mobster. After the series wraps I'm gonna try and start BSG from series 1 and see if i can appreciate it more.

I have not seen this yet, but plan to soon!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    Saw the first 2 episodes and I'm loving it! This is coming from someone that couldn't stand BSG. I love the photography, the characters are phenomenal, the story is twisty, everyone has there own agenda. I'm so into it I was inspired to order myself a fedora so I can walk around and pretend i'm a Tauron mobster. After the series wraps I'm gonna try and start BSG from series 1 and see if i can appreciate it more.
    You do not even need to wait till the series wraps, just watch the 1st two episodes then re-watch the entire Trial of Baltar portion of BSG and it will be profoundly more enjoyable
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Haven't watched this yet but a question well a couple, the DVD release that was done last summer for Caprica what episodes did it have on it, and also on the BSG series (Sci Fi) The resistance and the Face of the enemy, does anyone who has all of the dvd sets know if these were released on DVD??

Also the complete series sets on DVD and Blu-Ray do they include Razor and The Plan??

Thanks.

Brent
    Last edited by MOTUfan; February 2, 2010 at 05:02pm.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Haven't watched this yet but a question well a couple, the DVD release that was done last summer for Caprica what episodes did it have on it, and also on the BSG series (Sci Fi) The resistance and the Face of the enemy, does anyone who has all of the dvd sets know if these were released on DVD??
    I assume you are talking about the webisodes that were filmed in HD and shown on Sci Fi's website during the airing of Season 4?

The Resistance was released as a part of S3 DVD, I will have to check if that made it over to the Complete Series. I do not think Face of the Enemy made it to the Complete Series.

To have everything BSG related I think you will need to own all the DVD sets as well as the Complete Series and record stuff from television (like the last Frakking Special I added to my Complete Series when I recorded it off Sci Fi HD)

Here is a good run down of what is included in the Complete Series with notes of how it compares to the Season sets

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/review...ews071609.html

The Caprica DVD release contains the pilot episode, it was the only way Sci Fi would agree to release it before the show aired this Spring. They were hoping to capitalize on the hype surrounding BSG ending and garner some sales they would not otherwise get.

Also the complete series sets on DVD and Blu-Ray do they include Razor and The Plan??
    The Complete Series set has everything (Mini-Series, S1-S4, Razor) except The Plan because it had not yet finished filming/production when the Complete Series came out. I was able to add The Plan easily to my Blu-Ray set by buying a few of those Memorex center rings and adding them to the crappy unfoldable season sets.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

The upcoming "new" complete series sets do include "The Plan" (and more standard packaging). But as of now, they still don't seem to include the "Face of the Enemy" webisodes - which are actually pretty vital to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    The upcoming "new" complete series sets do include "The Plan" (and more standard packaging). But as of now, they still don't seem to include the "Face of the Enemy" webisodes - which are actually pretty vital to the show.
    Thats cool I did not know that, I got the 1st release with the crappy fold out packages. I had to buy hubs to put the discs in there so they did not slide all around

But at least I got it signed by Edward James Olmos and Micheal Hogan, that almost makes up for the crappy packaging

Really liking Caprica so far. It's very much like one of those family saga type soaps, married to sci-fi concepts, with mob thriller type stuff as icing!

I've seen previews for Caprica and it does look pretty interesting. I want to watch it but I'm not sure if I'll be able to follow it without having seen a single episode of Battlestar Galactica original series, or the recent relaunch (nor do I have any desire to.)

Can it be watched without any knowledge of BSG?

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post

Can it be watched without any knowledge of BSG?
    I'd say so. You won't pick up on a bit of foreshadowing, but I don't think that would be a problem.

It can definately be watched without having seen BSG, though the story is very serialized, so it might be a problem missing episodes of Caprica itself.

Poopie Flingin' Monkey! Slothboy's Avatar
    Ok haven't actually seen an episode yet but from what I've read, a lot of the characters in the show are parents/grandparents of characters on BSG itself. This bothers me. There are 12 colonies/planets making up the individuals of the series, and millions of people on each of those planets, and now you're going to tell me that the people involved in the events of caprica just also happen to be related to the people serving on the galactica. Seriously hollywood you can have totally different characters in a show that takes place in the same "universe" as another show.

Quote Originally Posted by Slothboy View Post
    Ok haven't actually seen an episode yet but from what I've read, a lot of the characters in the show are parents/grandparents of characters on BSG itself. This bothers me. There are 12 colonies/planets making up the individuals of the series, and millions of people on each of those planets, and now you're going to tell me that the people involved in the events of caprica just also happen to be related to the people serving on the galactica. Seriously hollywood you can have totally different characters in a show that takes place in the same "universe" as another show.
    I don't think that's accurate at all. As far as I can tell, the only direct connection to BSG is that Bill Adama is a child on the show and his father is one of the leads.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I don't think that's accurate at all. As far as I can tell, the only direct connection to BSG is that Bill Adama is a child on the show and his father is one of the leads.
    When i was looking through something about it a while back I recogonized several of the characters last names as those from the main show. Now maybe when the series takes place these are common "smith, jones" type common names but I highly doubt it.

When i was looking through something about it a while back I recogonized several of the characters last names as those from the main show. Now maybe when the series takes place these are common "smith, jones" type common names but I highly doubt it.
    I don't see them anywhere on the show or in the cast listings. No Roslin, Baltar, Thrace, Tigh, Valerii, Tyrol, Agathon, Gaeta, Dualla, Cottle, Anders, Foster, Hoshi, Zarek or anyone else - just Adama.

Near as I can tell, the only connection is the Adamas. The only other family names I can think of are Greystone and something like Sarno, neither of which were in BSG.

Not sure what you were looking through but as of the latest episode the only ties back to BSG have been Adama as a child, his father the lawyer and the 1st Cylon (and of course the colonies by name)

Fair enough then I guess what I was reading (since this was before the dvd came out or the show aired) was based either speculation or possibly early drafts. I dunno.

Colors make you happy! Rainbow Brite's Avatar
    I'm loving it! Hubby and I just finished watching BSG all the way through from start to finish...loved it too...so this is an awesome way to continue what we started

Ronald D. Moore rocks! one of the best screenwriter and television producer (with Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert) ever. I´m totally falling in love with the first 3 episodes of Caprica.
    My collection: http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/leo_skeletor/

EL HEAVY NO ES VIOLENCIA

Ive only just started watching BSG and Im loving it! Ive just completed season 3 and I have watched Razor as well. Is there anything I need to watch before starting season 4? I keep seeing references to webisodes and something called "The Plan"?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar