Thread: Are there any other toy lines that have such freedom?

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior

Are there any other toy lines that have such freedom?

I was thinking about it earlier today, and I can't think of another line that has the company flat-out saying "no specific canon! Do what you want!"

Transformers, GI Joe, TMNT, DC, Marvel... those are all the ones I can think of... all of them have been retconned or reset to explain the difference in character appearances, allegiances, or origins. But for MOTU, mini-comics and Filmation or just as valid as UK and Classics!

I think it's kind of neat that they're not trying to pigeonhole everything (although Classics does pull a little from all, which I'm personally enjoying, but YMMV), and that each story is acknowledged and embraced.

What do you think? Are there other toy lines that have this? Am I the only one that likes this?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Why would "canon" be important for a toyline?

Heroic Warrior
    To guy-dude: You're not the only one who loves how MOTUC is handled. By utilizing every character and era, no matter how out-dated or untraditonal, is what makes MOTUC the very best action figure line ever IMO.

I've totally stopped collecting the modern offerings of my favorite childhood toyline due to the products mismanagement. That and the entire line being put on hold due to the year long hiatus of a sequel to a bad movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Why would "canon" be important for a toyline?
    It really isn't that important at all. Too bad we can't get toy companies to stop brainwashing collectors with this mentality that only hurts sales in the long run.