Thread: Tonight's Simpsons

Hybrid View

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

Tonight's Simpsons

Did anyone watch tonight's Simpsons? I just want to know, because I really want to talk about the episode. I mean, I thought that was absolutely terrible. That makes three episodes in a row that have been some of the worst episodes I have ever seen from this show. What is going on? The first 5 minutes of the episode was absolutely useless. The Lisa subplot served no purpose, Marge getting the car was lame, especially since she suddenly hated it out of the blue. And then the entire plotline was bad. And what was the whole point of rehashing the election joke they already did 4 years ago? That should have been in the Halloween episode, NOT this thing. It felt random and out of place. The only jokes that were actually funny was when Lisa told the boys they have now entered an afterschool program and the M Night Shamylan sign. My god, I hate to say it, but I think I am going to call it quits. I made it through the bad before, but these are beyond terrible. There is not even anything remotely redeeming in the three episodes that have aired thus far.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

The show ran it's course a long time ago man. They couldn't stay great forever. It happens.

I still think its better than the other cartoons. Not a Seth McFarlane fan.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Seasons 2 or 3 to 10 are the golden years imo. 11 to maybe 15 still have some nuggets of gold to be found. The last good thing I saw in newer eps was Homer singing Poker Face.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

I didn't think it was awful, but standard filler more than anything. I too prefer the simpsons over any other of fox's offerings though I've warmed up to bob's burgers overall. Springfield is a place that I always enjoy visiting. an episode I LOATHED "The Princess Wears Pearls" the Evita spoof, has also grown on me and while it still ranks low, I found things in there that I like.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    Seasons 2 or 3 to 10 are the golden years imo. 11 to maybe 15 still have some nuggets of gold to be found. The last good thing I saw in newer eps was Homer singing Poker Face.
    I think it was up to Season 9, as Season 10 really only has 3 good episodes (Homer to the Max, Wild Barts Can't Be Broken, and 30 Minutes Over Tokyo). In fact, I got rid of all of my seasons on DVD/BD that were past 9. I rewatched the entire series from start to finish over the summer and realized that there should be a golden rule which states no tv series shall be allowed to run past either ten seasons or 200 episodes, whichever comes first.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    The worst simpsons episode is still better then the "best" insert Seth Mcfarlhan show here.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    The show ran it's course a long time ago man. They couldn't stay great forever. It happens.
    Agreed. I mean how long has this show been on?

And have any of the characters progressed or changed in any way? Kinda hard to keep things as is. It gets stale no matter how you try to spin it. The show jumped the shark years ago.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

height

I think the Simpsons were at their best seasons 4-8. Some other seasons have been good from time to time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app