Thread: Tonight's Simpsons

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

Tonight's Simpsons

Did anyone watch tonight's Simpsons? I just want to know, because I really want to talk about the episode. I mean, I thought that was absolutely terrible. That makes three episodes in a row that have been some of the worst episodes I have ever seen from this show. What is going on? The first 5 minutes of the episode was absolutely useless. The Lisa subplot served no purpose, Marge getting the car was lame, especially since she suddenly hated it out of the blue. And then the entire plotline was bad. And what was the whole point of rehashing the election joke they already did 4 years ago? That should have been in the Halloween episode, NOT this thing. It felt random and out of place. The only jokes that were actually funny was when Lisa told the boys they have now entered an afterschool program and the M Night Shamylan sign. My god, I hate to say it, but I think I am going to call it quits. I made it through the bad before, but these are beyond terrible. There is not even anything remotely redeeming in the three episodes that have aired thus far.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    The show ran it's course a long time ago man. They couldn't stay great forever. It happens.

I still think its better than the other cartoons. Not a Seth McFarlane fan.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Seasons 2 or 3 to 10 are the golden years imo. 11 to maybe 15 still have some nuggets of gold to be found. The last good thing I saw in newer eps was Homer singing Poker Face.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

I didn't think it was awful, but standard filler more than anything. I too prefer the simpsons over any other of fox's offerings though I've warmed up to bob's burgers overall. Springfield is a place that I always enjoy visiting. an episode I LOATHED "The Princess Wears Pearls" the Evita spoof, has also grown on me and while it still ranks low, I found things in there that I like.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    Seasons 2 or 3 to 10 are the golden years imo. 11 to maybe 15 still have some nuggets of gold to be found. The last good thing I saw in newer eps was Homer singing Poker Face.
    I think it was up to Season 9, as Season 10 really only has 3 good episodes (Homer to the Max, Wild Barts Can't Be Broken, and 30 Minutes Over Tokyo). In fact, I got rid of all of my seasons on DVD/BD that were past 9. I rewatched the entire series from start to finish over the summer and realized that there should be a golden rule which states no tv series shall be allowed to run past either ten seasons or 200 episodes, whichever comes first.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Warrior
    The worst simpsons episode is still better then the "best" insert Seth Mcfarlhan show here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I think it was up to Season 9, as Season 10 really only has 3 good episodes (Homer to the Max, Wild Barts Can't Be Broken, and 30 Minutes Over Tokyo). In fact, I got rid of all of my seasons on DVD/BD that were past 9. I rewatched the entire series from start to finish over the summer and realized that there should be a golden rule which states no tv series shall be allowed to run past either ten seasons or 200 episodes, whichever comes first.
    Start watching british shows with some exceptions most of those end faster than you WANT them to end! esp with 6 episode seasons!! (damned Inbetweenrs!! I WANT MORE!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    The worst simpsons episode is still better then the "best" insert Seth Mcfarlhan show here.
    Agreed. I don't like getting into the comparison argument but it always ends up there and in the end I have to agree. sadly Seth's stuff doesn't reflect how bright the guy truly is. BUT when he tries to show intellect in his shows it comes off as preachy.

One thing though, there is a history witht he first five minutes being useless. one of the things my friend and I really liked was how disconnected the beginning of the show was from the regular plot.

My only real complaint about this episode (and most of the lower rated in my opinion episodes) is that I didn't like the conclusion. With a comedy like this a lot of things are done for the joke and aren't canon - ie Homer's parking spot to the nuclear plant bordering his backyard. it doesn't exist that way in any other episode but for that one it did, the joke was great. but this episode the joke was ok but I didn't like the implication.
    Last edited by krosfyah; November 5, 2012 at 09:02am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Oh I already do. I have all of Torchwood (well, not the newest one), Doctor Who, and Sherlock. Sherlock makes me mad though because it is an amazing show, but they keep ending the season on cliffhangers and then they make you wait 2 years for the next one.

As for Seth's shows, I personally think the American Dad episode "Tearjerker" is far superior to anything from Simpsons in the last 10 years sans 24 Minutes.

Heroic Warrior
    I saw it this morning (on demand) and it was terrible.

IMO, seasons 1-9 were good.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I gave up on the Simpsons around season 15-ish. In the 'old days', the duff episode was the exception, now it's the rule. Show went downhil pretty quickly as they conentrated more on 'big name' guest stars than anything else. The post-movie episodes have been dire... Haven't seen one that I liked. All that "Nedna" crap didn't help
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Oh I already do. I have all of Torchwood (well, not the newest one), Doctor Who, and Sherlock. Sherlock makes me mad though because it is an amazing show, but they keep ending the season on cliffhangers and then they make you wait 2 years for the next one.

As for Seth's shows, I personally think the American Dad episode "Tearjerker" is far superior to anything from Simpsons in the last 10 years sans 24 Minutes.
    to each their own, I found it too overhanded and then as seth's style has gone, too heavy on the cheap out joke. Best American Dad Ep for me was the fantasy one "dungeons and Wagons". it was the animation style that I loved. but again too many cheap out stuff for me. AD is the one i tolerate the least, I don't watch it anymore actually.

Fear is faith in failure

*crawls out from under rock* So the Simpsons is still going, eh? Funny you mention that complaint, 'cause it sounds like the exact one I had years ago! The one that "jumped the shark" for me was the Tamacco episode. It was when I finally realized that the episodes started out somewhere and ended somewhere else (where Tamacco started with the Glove Slap joke, which somehow resulted in them needing to run away from a duelist, so they lived on a farm, and toxic waste mixed tomatos with tobacco and so on and so forth). I didn't dislike the episode (the cow busting through the wall yelling "TOMAAACO!" still gets me laughing) but it was when I understood that the writers were just pumping insanity into the show to keep it alive. Every show gets to that point if it keeps going long enough. I think Simpsons just hit that peak somewhere WAY back down the road.
    Last edited by Alexx; November 6, 2012 at 02:00pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

height

I think the Simpsons were at their best seasons 4-8. Some other seasons have been good from time to time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    The show ran it's course a long time ago man. They couldn't stay great forever. It happens.
    Agreed. I mean how long has this show been on?

And have any of the characters progressed or changed in any way? Kinda hard to keep things as is. It gets stale no matter how you try to spin it. The show jumped the shark years ago.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    to each their own, I found it too overhanded and then as seth's style has gone, too heavy on the cheap out joke. Best American Dad Ep for me was the fantasy one "dungeons and Wagons". it was the animation style that I loved. but again too many cheap out stuff for me. AD is the one i tolerate the least, I don't watch it anymore actually.
    Yeah, I stopped watching American Dad last year because it just got way too weird. Roger and Snot screwing each other was the point where it jumped the shark for me,

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I watched an episode a few nights ago that I thought was pretty funny. Homer had sold enough sperm to a bank to buy a corvette and most of the "bragging board" kids looked like him. I thought it was ok.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Yeah, it wasn't my favorite episode, but there were a few laughs!

I liked the part where Otto walked off the moving bus and Ralph says "We're going to an accident!"

That's one of my favorite Ralph quotes, now!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!