Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 099 Discussion!

Heroic Warrior
    I think, making him the exclusive is okay, it's not a must have, personally I don't need further stories in the future, I'm fine with Heroics, Evils, Horde & Snakemen brawling on Eternia forever... Never was a fan of the Son of He-Man stuff... I hope, they don't put out more figures of that era, that would be a big turn-off for me...

I prefer the red scheme too for King He-man.
    I LOVE the sword though.

Heroic Warrior
    Nice one guys, I love to listen to the show your enthusiasm is infectious, thanks for all the shows
    Can't wait for 100!!!!

For whatever the reason, the red King He-man mock-up seems more recognizable as He-man to me than the blue color scheme we're getting. I don't know why, it just does.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    For whatever the reason, the red King He-man mock-up seems more recognizable as He-man to me than the blue color scheme we're getting. I don't know why, it just does.
    I agree! While I understand they want to tie the figure in... like Val said.. it looks too busy! WAY too many colors!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Great episode guys, always love the ones with Eric and Scott.

Totally agree on the King HM colours, I said it as soon as the figure was revealed. Blue is just not associated with HM (well maybe NA HM) red is a much better choice IMO. I know the reasoning behind the blue is to connect him to Randor, but Miro never wore a blue cape. I wonder if it is to late to change it, it is only a deco change, I wish you'd brought it up before Scott left then you could have asked him.

I've created a poll for this to see which colour people prefer:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ead.php?232286
    Great poll! And even in the spirit of today's major election too- kudos for that! I'm with the overwhelming majority that blue is the proper cape color. Just seems more regal and won't clash as much with both He-Ro and King Grayskull who (I believe) both have red capes.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Penny Dreadful...how dare you use my name! Only a select few may have my name on their lips!

Aww, who am I kidding? The ladies just love me. I might as well resign myself to that undeniable fact.

But you are right, Penny D...Jitsu is awesome! That and I have no heart. Which makes my body work that much harder to circulate my blood.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    In this episode Scott Neitlich and Eric Treadaway join us as we discuss
    Jewish wine,
    Jitsu - February 2013,
    diorama,
    Roast Gooble Dinner Drinking Game,
    Jitsu's weapons,
    Jitsu's head sculpt,

"What's a diorama?"

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Usually, I'm not a big fan of figures that were not part of the line when I was a kid, but I've got to say that I love this figure as is. I love the blue. Obviously, because of Randor, but also blue is probably associated with the royal house. I can't wait for this figure.

Also, when they first started discussing King He-Man, did anyone else notice Scott said that "quite a few people bought in", referring to the sub, and then quickly added, "not as many as last year". That made me laugh.

Great episode guys.

The red version as a regular release would be a great idea!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Great episode!

The Red scheme just seems like a step back though. The regular version just seems more like the evolution of He-Man. I keep going back and forth looking at the two and red one does nothing for me. Ehhh
    Sell me your Unnamed One, keep Son of He-Man going I need a Dare/Hero II now.

On the blue's on king He-man. Didn't it occur to people that the NA He-man used a lot of blue. It makes sence that king he-man would incorporate some of that blue. Especially in the erea's where it's used now. I can however see a red cape working better but his pants should remain blue IMO.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    On the blue's on king He-man. Didn't it occur to people that the NA He-man used a lot of blue. It makes sence that king he-man would incorporate some of that blue. Especially in the erea's where it's used now. I can however see a red cape working better but his pants should remain blue IMO.
    It occurred to me I don't like NA He-Man. But yes, a red cape alone would be an improvement.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    On the blue's on king He-man. Didn't it occur to people that the NA He-man used a lot of blue. It makes sence that king he-man would incorporate some of that blue.
    Exactly what I was thinking during this awesome episode!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Trying to get caught up on Goobles . . .

Gotta disagree with the panel consensus on Fang Man.

He's a good sculpt with plenty of detail, but his tone is off the mark for an adult collector line.

If you try to look at the line objectively, it's pretty easy to tell the characters with more cartoony roots.