Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Castle Grayskullman Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Castle Grayskullman Video Review by Pixel Dan

Alright guys, the wait is over! It's time for the Castle Grayskullman review!

Enjoy! And of course, any additional questions, please ask! I'll do my best to answer in a timely manner!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; November 6, 2012 at 06:37pm.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

THANK YOU!!!
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Hmmmmm, I see the intro then nothing but black. Guess I will try again later.

J

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Hmmmmm, I see the intro then nothing but black. Guess I will try again later.

J
    Same here...

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Ugh...ok, I just replaced it with the YouTube version. Try that and see if it works. I don't know what the problem is, but Blip has been "processing" this video since yesterday evening.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Yeah, I had to watch the Youtube version. Great video and worth the wait.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Snappy Threader
    Great review PD. This is going to be one amazing figure.

Not enamoured by the colours of the swords but overall i'm ok with CGM. I'll be adding him to my collection.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    I'm definitely feeling like this could be my favorite MOTUC figure ever, at least in my top 5. Really, really excited for this guy!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I am pretty glad that Daniel won the contest! I do like Castlegrayskullman, but I also feel that the winning character could have been a better design. Either way I am still happy with CGM cause he is pretty cool. But CGM is not why I am glad Daniel won. I am glad he won because Daniel's "Character" is awesome! I loved his mock commercial and I loved his role in the PD review! He really is having fun with this and truthfully that fun and excitement he has, really makes me like Castlegrayskullman so much more! I also feel like that the little fun things Daniel has done, really connect the fans to his creation more so than if he didn't take the time to do these things. I really feel that if a different design was picked, we would have missed out on the fun that Daniel has brought to us with his awesome "Character"!

*Ehhhhhh........meh* (to the figure, not the review keep up the excellent work sir)
    Last edited by Gojira101; November 5, 2012 at 02:46pm.
    Sell me your Unnamed One, keep Son of He-Man going I need a Dare/Hero II now.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I'm definitely feeling like this could be my favorite MOTUC figure ever, at least in my top 5. Really, really excited for this guy!
    Oh me too. No doubt about it. I thought this cat was cool from the start, and he will take a prominent place on my shelving.

Nice, I think it was pretty cool to include Danial in the video. Another great video and I'm excited about this figure. I do wish his hair was more grey or white. But I love this figure and can't wait fer him.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Hahahaha! great review! I couldn't stop laughing from the skit you guys did!

"Hi guys, Pixel Daniel Benedict here"

is that baseball bat made of rubber?
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

very cool. I like how every 30th character got the door except Draego!! Although the character's I submitted would be awesome for the line, this is THE 30th Ann. character no doubt. Really speaks MOTU and the vintage swords are awesome. Great job all around. If Granamyr wasn't coming soon, I would get 2 CGM figs, to be guards. I still may!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Dude! Love the teaser at the end!!

Heroic Warrior
    Excellent AND funny preview, Daniel and Dan !

While I was not so enthused by Castle Grayskullman at first, I must say that he has somehow grown on me.

The thing I know is that he'll be the ONLY November figure that I'll buy, due to Eternos Palace King Randor's and Dekker's movements impairments and flaws.

His articulations seem to be tight. His look is OK, his sculpt is well done. And his swords and shield are amazing ! I'll only own 3 30th anniversary figs : the wonderful Draego-Man (a favourite of mine), Fearless Photog and Castle Grayskull Man.

I'm also happy I'll own the figures that were created by fans (Photog and Grayskullman).

The only thing I hope is that Castle Grayskullman's paint won't peel away, because it's pretty obvious there's black plastic under that coat of paint... Let's hope that from now on, future figures won't suffer from the Blastic issue !

To me, Castle Grayskullman is clearly the MOTUC surprise of the end of the year.

Awesome video, i especially like the secret part after the credits, now that is one figure i am REALLY looking forward to seeing! Hopefully he gets his review very soon.

What a nice surprise by Daniel Benedict, awesome video indeed. As for CGM, his colors are a bit too dark in this review, at least a lot darker than the prototype, almost black-green (forest-green)! That's my only nitpick, other than that he's one of my favorite new characters thus far. I really hope CG once made won't be that dark!

Thanks again guys.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

The idea of this character is awesome. And I like a lot of his design elements. But I think it would be a much better looking figure if the 'fleshy' parts of his arms and legs were a different shade of green than his boots/gloves/armor. The other thing is the hair. But he did look sweet standing in front of vintage Grayskull.

I hope you didn't crack your Cy-Chop Dan!

Daniel Benedict seems like a really cool guy and I'm glad he won.

Ha! This was great! Please, please, please Dan do some Mosquitor vs CGM pics like Scott did with Spector!

I cannot wait for CGM. Perfect figure, genius concept only made better by the videos & commercials.

Congrats again Daniel...or Faker-Dan.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

Hmmm.

Not to be a kill-joy, but I prefer my Pixel-Dan reviews free of guests.

I still can't really deal with the hair. I would rather it had been an all-"stone" looking head (maybe ill paint the hair to match the armor).

For me, the bio dilutes the power and importance of both Twins of Power, and I'd have much preferred if this had been an army builder type of character - soldiers conjured by the Spirit of Grayskull to bolster the team of He-Man & She-Ra during that epic battle.

That's all just my preference though

Didn't enter the contest, but I have seen (in person, not online) quite a few entries, and I was really impressed by the unique creativity in each case. I guessing get the joke / light-hearted native of the winning figure, but it just doesn't do much for me... And that's a first in the world of MOTU... Ok, maybe a second after Vykron.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Well done! Only thing that could make this figure better is REAL fire breath! However, I have full confidence in a future variant with real fire, so no worries.

Still looking forward to this figure! I want it! I WANT IT NOW.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Hey Dan,
    Any chance you did an interview with Daniel while he was at your house? I think it would make a great video to have you guys talk about the figure (outside of the review) in front of the camera.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    funny vid
    Does Galactus fart?