Thread: Order your Castle Grayskull! Free Cross-Sell Poster with Pre-Orders

Hybrid View

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.

Order your Castle Grayskull! Free Cross-Sell Poster with Pre-Orders

MATTY IS NOW SWEETENING THE DEAL!:

Per the updated page....
    As if the fact it’s Castle Grayskull® isn’t enough, we’re sweetening the offer with a deal even Skeletor® couldn’t resist… if we meet the 11/12/12 minimum production goal date and production moves forward, every pre-order placed between 10/16/12 and 1/3/13 will include a first-ever exclusive Masters of the Universe® Classics cross-sell poster!

Here is the link:
    http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...AE-pre-orders/

Admittedly, I think a poster is kind of a weak promo when you're dealing with a $250+ item, but anything helps I suppose!

That's pretty groovy. Thanks Matty.

I ordered the day it went up & hope Castle Grayskull gets made.

GOTTA HAVE IT!
    I want my other half.

Good thing...all we were getting before was a Castle Grayskull playset...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    I LOL'ed legit. Still a giant sheet of paper with a picture on it wont let me feed into what looks great, but will probably be a let down. The hoverboard was a cold lesson. Fool me once Matty.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I LOL'ed legit. Still a giant sheet of paper with a picture on it wont let me feed into what looks great, but will probably be a let down. The hoverboard was a cold lesson. Fool me once Matty.
    just curious, what happened with the hoverboard that is scaring people away?

Mattel giving fans a small bonus for preoordering a $250 item over a year in advance? This reeks of entitlement!!

Just kidding. I'm glad Mattel is doing something like this to actively sell the castle. Good for them!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    just curious, what happened with the hoverboard that is scaring people away?
    Depending on who you ask, Matty screwed the pooch on it. In a nutshell, Matty promised a screen accurate prop. Although there were a ton of different screen props used for the hover board, most people believe that it should have a lenticular sticker and velcro, but the final version does not. Basically, a lot of people feel that Matty dropped the ball and is not delivering on a true "screen accurate" prop as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    You're missing the point. Yes, it was awesome that we were getting a CG playset. If I went to Toys R Us and purchased the TMNT turtles lair for $130, I would expect getting the turtle lair playset. However, if PlayMates told me that I had to trust them with my credit card info a year in advance and place a pre-order for it, I would expect a little something extra for my time, faith, trust and effort. Afterall, it is Matty who is asking a favor for us. Yes, I want a CG (I ordered 2!!), but I don't really want to commit $500+ SIGHT UNSEEN. WE ARE DOING THEM THE FAVOR. I think a little token of appreciation for the people making it happen is in order, and this poster is a step in the right direction.

I don't know if the poster will encourage any additional orders, but I like the idea of getting something extra for committing to castle grayskull for that much money sight unseen. Still, for $250, we could get a better pre-order bonus than a poster. Even the mini carded 6" scale hover board was a better bonus. :\ But at least it's something, and I am looking forward to the bonus poster either way.

Snappy Threader
    Oh yeah now this is awesome news. Please let this happen. We need to recruit more orders.....

I was just going to post this. You guys are fast!
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Sweet! I'd been hoping we would get one of these posters eventually. A ton of figures will be on there!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes