Thread: Order your Castle Grayskull! Free Cross-Sell Poster with Pre-Orders

Hybrid View

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.

Order your Castle Grayskull! Free Cross-Sell Poster with Pre-Orders

MATTY IS NOW SWEETENING THE DEAL!:

Per the updated page....
    As if the fact it’s Castle Grayskull® isn’t enough, we’re sweetening the offer with a deal even Skeletor® couldn’t resist… if we meet the 11/12/12 minimum production goal date and production moves forward, every pre-order placed between 10/16/12 and 1/3/13 will include a first-ever exclusive Masters of the Universe® Classics cross-sell poster!

Here is the link:
    http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...AE-pre-orders/

Admittedly, I think a poster is kind of a weak promo when you're dealing with a $250+ item, but anything helps I suppose!

That's pretty groovy. Thanks Matty.

I ordered the day it went up & hope Castle Grayskull gets made.

GOTTA HAVE IT!
    I want my other half.

Good thing...all we were getting before was a Castle Grayskull playset...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    I LOL'ed legit. Still a giant sheet of paper with a picture on it wont let me feed into what looks great, but will probably be a let down. The hoverboard was a cold lesson. Fool me once Matty.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I LOL'ed legit. Still a giant sheet of paper with a picture on it wont let me feed into what looks great, but will probably be a let down. The hoverboard was a cold lesson. Fool me once Matty.
    just curious, what happened with the hoverboard that is scaring people away?

Mattel giving fans a small bonus for preoordering a $250 item over a year in advance? This reeks of entitlement!!

Just kidding. I'm glad Mattel is doing something like this to actively sell the castle. Good for them!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    just curious, what happened with the hoverboard that is scaring people away?
    Depending on who you ask, Matty screwed the pooch on it. In a nutshell, Matty promised a screen accurate prop. Although there were a ton of different screen props used for the hover board, most people believe that it should have a lenticular sticker and velcro, but the final version does not. Basically, a lot of people feel that Matty dropped the ball and is not delivering on a true "screen accurate" prop as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    You're missing the point. Yes, it was awesome that we were getting a CG playset. If I went to Toys R Us and purchased the TMNT turtles lair for $130, I would expect getting the turtle lair playset. However, if PlayMates told me that I had to trust them with my credit card info a year in advance and place a pre-order for it, I would expect a little something extra for my time, faith, trust and effort. Afterall, it is Matty who is asking a favor for us. Yes, I want a CG (I ordered 2!!), but I don't really want to commit $500+ SIGHT UNSEEN. WE ARE DOING THEM THE FAVOR. I think a little token of appreciation for the people making it happen is in order, and this poster is a step in the right direction.

I don't know if the poster will encourage any additional orders, but I like the idea of getting something extra for committing to castle grayskull for that much money sight unseen. Still, for $250, we could get a better pre-order bonus than a poster. Even the mini carded 6" scale hover board was a better bonus. :\ But at least it's something, and I am looking forward to the bonus poster either way.

Snappy Threader
    Oh yeah now this is awesome news. Please let this happen. We need to recruit more orders.....

Heroic Warrior
    I was just going to post this. You guys are fast!

Sweet! I'd been hoping we would get one of these posters eventually. A ton of figures will be on there!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes