Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Order your Castle Grayskull! Free Cross-Sell Poster with Pre-Orders

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.

Order your Castle Grayskull! Free Cross-Sell Poster with Pre-Orders

MATTY IS NOW SWEETENING THE DEAL!:

Per the updated page....
    As if the fact it’s Castle Grayskull® isn’t enough, we’re sweetening the offer with a deal even Skeletor® couldn’t resist… if we meet the 11/12/12 minimum production goal date and production moves forward, every pre-order placed between 10/16/12 and 1/3/13 will include a first-ever exclusive Masters of the Universe® Classics cross-sell poster!

Here is the link:
    http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...AE-pre-orders/

Admittedly, I think a poster is kind of a weak promo when you're dealing with a $250+ item, but anything helps I suppose!

That's pretty groovy. Thanks Matty.

I ordered the day it went up & hope Castle Grayskull gets made.

GOTTA HAVE IT!
    I want my other half.

Good thing...all we were getting before was a Castle Grayskull playset...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I was just going to post this. You guys are fast!
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Sweet! I'd been hoping we would get one of these posters eventually. A ton of figures will be on there!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    I LOL'ed legit. Still a giant sheet of paper with a picture on it wont let me feed into what looks great, but will probably be a let down. The hoverboard was a cold lesson. Fool me once Matty.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    You're missing the point. Yes, it was awesome that we were getting a CG playset. If I went to Toys R Us and purchased the TMNT turtles lair for $130, I would expect getting the turtle lair playset. However, if PlayMates told me that I had to trust them with my credit card info a year in advance and place a pre-order for it, I would expect a little something extra for my time, faith, trust and effort. Afterall, it is Matty who is asking a favor for us. Yes, I want a CG (I ordered 2!!), but I don't really want to commit $500+ SIGHT UNSEEN. WE ARE DOING THEM THE FAVOR. I think a little token of appreciation for the people making it happen is in order, and this poster is a step in the right direction.

I don't know if the poster will encourage any additional orders, but I like the idea of getting something extra for committing to castle grayskull for that much money sight unseen. Still, for $250, we could get a better pre-order bonus than a poster. Even the mini carded 6" scale hover board was a better bonus. :\ But at least it's something, and I am looking forward to the bonus poster either way.

Snappy Threader
    Oh yeah now this is awesome news. Please let this happen. We need to recruit more orders.....

This is exciting news! Hopefully this will push us over the minimum number of units required to go forward.

I'm still hopeful that we'll reach the minimum.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    This is exciting news! Hopefully this will push us over the minimum number of units required to go forward.

I'm still hopeful that we'll reach the minimum.
    I am very hopeful as well. I just hope the added poster is viewed as a big incentive to order.....

master of hiphop
    I'm hoping we hit the min as well. but if on the last day it shoots up 40%, i then think something is fishy

but the fact we have 1 week left and still need what 30%, i don't know... i'm hard pressed to believe it will get done.. but i'm crossing my fingers for some great news on the 12th..

Go GS
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I LOL'ed legit. Still a giant sheet of paper with a picture on it wont let me feed into what looks great, but will probably be a let down. The hoverboard was a cold lesson. Fool me once Matty.
    just curious, what happened with the hoverboard that is scaring people away?

Mattel giving fans a small bonus for preoordering a $250 item over a year in advance? This reeks of entitlement!!

Just kidding. I'm glad Mattel is doing something like this to actively sell the castle. Good for them!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    just curious, what happened with the hoverboard that is scaring people away?
    Depending on who you ask, Matty screwed the pooch on it. In a nutshell, Matty promised a screen accurate prop. Although there were a ton of different screen props used for the hover board, most people believe that it should have a lenticular sticker and velcro, but the final version does not. Basically, a lot of people feel that Matty dropped the ball and is not delivering on a true "screen accurate" prop as promised.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    Depending on who you ask, Matty screwed the pooch on it. In a nutshell, Matty promised a screen accurate prop. Although there were a ton of different screen props used for the hover board, most people believe that it should have a lenticular sticker and velcro, but the final version does not. Basically, a lot of people feel that Matty dropped the ball and is not delivering on a true "screen accurate" prop as promised.
    Ouch! Not good. I had heard rumblings, but I didn't know the story behind it. Here's hoping the issues stick with the hoverboard (unfortunately for those who ordered and are upset) and don't translate to CG.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Very cool and I think deserving to MOTUC collectors that pre-order such a big item. Hopefully this will motivate a few folks that were going to wait it out till it went up on Matty next year!!! WE NEED TO GET THIS MADE!!!!!!!!!

I will be ordering several for sure I am still trying to figure out how many..........

Are you charged the pre auth right away?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Are you charged the pre auth right away?
    Nope, you aren't charged until it ships.

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Very cool and I think deserving to MOTUC collectors that pre-order such a big item. Hopefully this will motivate a few folks that were going to wait it out till it went up on Matty next year!!! WE NEED TO GET THIS MADE!!!!!!!!!

I will be ordering several for sure I am still trying to figure out how many..........
    You have less than six days to decide! Better order more than you did for 2013 subs! C'mon, you have the power!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Sounds great! I have some open wall space left! It will be sweet to see all the figures together!

Come on everyone, order some Grayskulls! Where is your Castle Grayskullman going to live if it doesn't get made?
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    Correct sir.

Had they just said a pretty good looking hoverboard, it woulda let people say "Ok, I can buy a perfect replica on ebay, but id support Mattel". When they said screen accurate, usually that points in the direction of the main look for a prop, not a stand in stunt. So the blood was on their hand. The velcro is a easy fix. We shouldnt have to but whatever, the lenticular was unforgivable. They were provided with the source of the materials and didnt bite the bullet. So while I support MOTUC as a cherry picker, I will never commit to a pre-order again until I know if I like the final product.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Don't know if including the map is enough for fans for a $250 item, but at least Mattel is trying. If I were on the fence, (which I'm not) I don't think this convinces me. Just not enough, imo.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

I think this was pretty cool of Mattel to include something to bait more people into pre-ordering. I'm really hoping this goes through, because I want a Filmation Snake Mountain someday.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow... So fans get a free poster for pre-ordering blindly a $250 item + heavy shipping costs, without knowing what the final product will look like !? Niiiiice...

But did this fix zig zag orders, DR's incompetence or QC issues ? No. So I personally think it's doubtful that many fans will fall into this "free MOTUC poster, so pre-order CG" Matty lure. I think Matty would have been luckier with a fully articulated, fan-demanded Grayskull Astronaut-robot figure, but this was obviously "too expensive" for them.

I'm also pretty sure the poster was scheduled from day 1, but they had to keep it secret as a surprise and as a sorry "sale pusher" for later.
    Last edited by Prahvus; November 6, 2012 at 11:46am.