Thread: Animated Beetlejuice is coming to DVD

Animated Beetlejuice is coming to DVD

Animated Beetlejuice is coming to DVD from Shout! Factory:
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bee...-Planned/17701

Heroic Warrior
    This is excellent news. Beetlejuice was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid (would still love toys from the show) and the only official episodes floating around are the poor quality ones on the Beetlejuice blu-ray. I usually wait to catch Shout Factory releases on sale/used, but this might be a day one purchase for me.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Awesome, a definite buy!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    Shut up and take my money!!!!

Please tell me when this is coming out because I will so buy this on the first day!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Unfortunately, as the DVDs to Thundercats, GI Joe, Conan the Adventurer, Tiny Toons, and Voltron taught me, just because you loved it as a child, does not mean you should go out and buy it. Something like Batman TAS, Gargoyles, and Animaniacs yes, but a lot of others, no.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Unfortunately, as the DVDs to Thundercats, GI Joe, Conan the Adventurer, Tiny Toons, and Voltron taught me, just because you loved it as a child, does not mean you should go out and buy it. Something like Batman TAS, Gargoyles, and Animaniacs yes, but a lot of others, no.
    True for you, but not for me. I still love the Beetlejuice cartoon and would love to grab this!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Best news in a long time. Very happy to get Beetlejuice!!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    The Beetlejuice cartoon holds up pretty well though, then again you say Tiny Toons does not hold up so you most likely won't agree
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Well at least this one is finally coming out now how about finally getting Kidd Video, Pole Position, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Beverlly Hills Teens, Mighty Max, Taz-mania, Little Mermaid(TV), Aladin(TV), Rainbow Brite, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Eek the Cat, W.i.t.c.h., and a whole punch of unfinished sereies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The Beetlejuice cartoon holds up pretty well though, then again you say Tiny Toons does not hold up so you most likely won't agree
    Hold up Schmold up, sometimes the shows just give you that warm feeling of childhood. I am not blinded by nostalgia, if an old show is sucks I can admit it, but some of them elicit such a good feeling that I don't care that they suck. though Beetlejuice, did NOT and DOES not suck!

Speed Buggy and all the HB toons that took the scooby doo formula aren't great, but man I LOVE EM! I was never a fan of MAry Tyler Moore or MASH (not saying it sucked mind you) but those theme songs make me feel AMAZING! brings me right back to when I was a kid.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah, I don't see how Tiny Toons doesn't hold up well today. Maybe a few 80s/90s references are a bit dated, but by and large it still entertains me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    Well at least this one is finally coming out now how about finally getting Kidd Video, Pole Position, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Beverlly Hills Teens, Mighty Max, Taz-mania, Little Mermaid(TV), Aladin(TV), Rainbow Brite, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Eek the Cat, W.i.t.c.h., and a whole punch of unfinished sereies as well.
    THIS! I'd love to see quite a few of those and more! (Sadly Kidd Video will probably never happen due to a slew of music rights).
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    Yeah, I don't see how Tiny Toons doesn't hold up well today. Maybe a few 80s/90s references are a bit dated, but by and large it still entertains me!
    It's also odd that he puts Tiny Toons on the bad list and Animainiancs on the good list, when both shows had a lot of similarities and had a lot of the same people working on them. I admit that (IMO) Animainiancs was the better of the two shows, but it's not a drastic level of superiority.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    That is were I disagree, Tiny Toons was better to me then Animaniacs. I liked 90% of the characters from Tiny Toons but Animaniacs had several segments that I didn't like such as the Goodfeathers, Mandy and Buttons got old, Katy Kaboom was ok at best, etc.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    That is were I disagree, Tiny Toons was better to me then Animaniacs. I liked 90% of the characters from Tiny Toons but Animaniacs had several segments that I didn't like such as the Goodfeathers, Mandy and Buttons got old, Katy Kaboom was ok at best, etc.
    I do like Animaniacs, but to me the only good sketches were either the Warners, Slappy Squirrel (seriously, she should have gotten her own show instead of Pinky and the Brain), Rita and Runt, and Katy Kaboom was not too bad.

I never liked Mindy and Buttons. Seriously what kind of parent leave the parenting skills to a dog? He risks his own life and somehow gets yelled at in every cartoon.

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't like Rita and Runt but I agree, Slappy the Squirrel should have got it's own show.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtonnut View Post

I never liked Mindy and Buttons. Seriously what kind of parent leave the parenting skills to a dog? He risks his own life and somehow gets yelled at in every cartoon.
    Those were always my least favorite segments. They weren't funny to me, just frustrating.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Animated Beetlejuice is coming to DVD from Shout! Factory:
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bee...-Planned/17701
    OH MAN!!! Thats awesome news Firefly!!! I used to look forward to this show coming on TV!

This is a easy buy for me when it comes out!

Thanks for the heads up!

I ordered the set, but mine hasn't arrived in the mail yet. There are no extra features on the set according to Shout! Factory, just the episodes.