Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney rumored to be in negotiations to buy Hasbro

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    But the live-action movies did enormously well at the box office and the movie toylines were enormously profitable. Why change something that's doing great? Hell, Transformers and Transformers 2 were either the or among the biggest-scoring movies at the box office in their years!
    I'd say they did well in spite of the awful scripts and designs. It's the uniqueness of the property that saved it. No other movie features giant shape-changing robots. If they'd come up with better looking robots and hired a good writer/director, the films would have been even more successful.

This would not surprise me in the slightest. Probably won't hear anything more, though, for a good two to three years.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBoyRM View Post
    We have already a crossover Disney-Mattel-Hasbro, Voltron-Disney:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/182y...g/original.jpg
    thats awesome!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Making money and being good are two different things. The Twilight series make money and those are utter ****. Heck, Bourne Legacy made a ton of money even though it was absolute garbage.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Making money and being good are two different things. The Twilight series make money and those are utter ****. Heck, Bourne Legacy made a ton of money even though it was absolute garbage.
    Yeah, but the purpose of a company is to make money, not to be "good".

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm i can just picture a KH game with SW and Hasbro worlds like Transformers and MLP worlds
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So will Kingdom Hearts now have Star Wars and Bayformers in it now?
    Don't forget Marvel characters, too.

At this point, i wouldn't be surprised if Disney bought Nintendo next. Then, maybe we'll see a proper Mario movie, or an appearance by Mario characters in a possible 'Wreck-It-Ralph' sequel, but i seriously doubt that Nintendo would be willing to work with Disney again after their Hollywood Pictures division tried to make a Mario movie the last time.

Ironically, if Disney actually bought Hasbro, then they would own both 'Transformers', and 'G.I. Joe'. and even more ironic, the classic shows from the 80's were co-produced by Marvel Productions back in the 80's, and Marvel use to publish 'Transformers', and 'G.I Joe' comics.
    Last edited by mbaker; November 7, 2012 at 01:22pm.

I'm starting to worry Disney is going to explode like the python that tried to eat an alligator.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    At this point, i wouldn't be surprised if Disney bought Nintendo next. Then, maybe we'll see a proper Mario movie, or an appearance by Mario characters in a possible 'Wreck-It-Ralph' sequel, but i seriously doubt that Nintendo would be willing to work with Disney again after their Hollywood Pictures division tried to make a Mario movie the last time.

Ironically, if Disney actually bought Hasbro, then they would own both 'Transformers', and 'G.I. Joe'. and even more ironic, the classic shows from the 80's were co-produced by Marvel Productions back in the 80's, and Marvel use to publish 'Transformers', and 'G.I Joe' comics.
    Shh they'll hear you and actually do that.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    According to tfw2005 (which incidentally is where I also first saw this story), this rumor was debunked yesterday.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    According to tfw2005 (which incidentally is where I also first saw this story), this rumor was debunked yesterday.
    Thank goodness!
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Heroic Warrior
    I am so glad that it is false. I can't see Disney controlling the current My Little Pony series (they would make Rainbow Dash girly and have all of the ponies talk about boys and junk).

Quote Originally Posted by Burtonnut View Post
    I am so glad that it is false. I can't see Disney controlling the current My Little Pony series (they would make Rainbow Dash girly and have all of the ponies talk about boys and junk).
    Indeed. Disney just doesn't know how to cater to boys, men, or even animation buffs these days on their own like they use to. It's all about catering to the demographic who made Justin Beiber into a cultural phenomenon. (Especially Disney Channel) However, i should point out that Lauren Faust's other half, Craig McCracken has been working on a new show for Disney called 'Wonder Over Yonder', which looks kinda refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post

Mario is mentioned in Wreck it Ralph and Bowser makes an on-screen appearance.

Noticed in a montage shot that a Ninja Turtles arcade game also made it on screen. Didn't expect that at all.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Heroic Warrior

I read recently that Disney got permission to use Mario in the Wreck-It Ralph, but they couldn't come up with a clever way to use him without it looking forced. They didn't want him to be in there just to be in there. They hope to use him in the sequel.