Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: We would choose the vilains and heroic warriors on the CG box Art!

He-Man
    She-Ra
    Swiftwind
    The Sorceress
    Man-At-Arms

Skeletor
    Trap Jaw
    Evil Lynn
    King Hsss
    Hordak
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Heman
    Teela
    Stratos
    Fisto
    Sorceress

Skeletor
    Evilyn
    Clawful
    Webstor
    Stinkor

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I want the immediate characters in the front.

He-man, Teela, Man-At-Arms, Orko, Sorceress and if there's room, She-Ra as well.

Bad guys:

Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Beast man, Mer-Man, Trap-Jaw or Tri-Klops.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Heroic Warrior
    Hoping He-Man on Battle Cat and She-Ra on Swiftwind only count as one figure each!

He-Man(riding Battle Cat)
    She-Ra(riding Swift Wind)
    Sorceress
    MAA
    Teela

Skeletor
    Evil Lyn
    Beast Man
    Hordak
    King Hsss

It'd also be cool if they had Hordak and Hsss on some kind of outcropping with their respective armies behind them in silhouette.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Hoping He-Man on Battle Cat and She-Ra on Swiftwind only count as one figure each!

He-Man(riding Battle Cat)
    She-Ra(riding Swift Wind)
    Sorceress
    MAA
    Teela

Skeletor
    Evil Lyn
    Beast Man
    Hordak
    King Hsss

It'd also be cool if they had Hordak and Hsss on some kind of outcropping with their respective armies behind them in silhouette.
    I tend to agree DVD. King Hiss and Hordak should be included if possible, I suppose it's too bad they can't add like 30 characters to the art.

Heroic Warrior
    Here are mine:

Heroes
    He-Man
    Man-At-Arms
    Teela
    Ram Man
    Sorceress

Evil Warriors
    Skeletor
    Evil-Lyn
    Mer Man
    Clawful
    Scareglow

And maybe add Draego-Man vs. Stratos in the air, and have Stratos getting burned to a crisp

He-Man & Battle Cat
    Orko
    Teela
    Man-at-Arms
    Buzz-Off or Sorceress

Skeletor
    Trap Jaw
    Beast Man
    Tr-Klops
    Evil-Lyn

Heroic Warrior
    Nobody outside the 12 back for me. MAYBE she-ra on there somewhere.... MAYBE....

PERSONALLY I like MOTU to be a BIT dark (not CRAZY dark and gritty...) and ESPECIALLY the art to Castle Grayskull. That original 'Fortress of power and mystery' image was what got me hooked on MOTU at 5 years old... and HONESTLY... Seeing a lady in white on a rainbow pegasus MAY have cheapened the dark, mysterious art there...

Personally... I'd like it to similar to the original. I love that the 'good guys' seemed to be behind the 8ball there. The bad guys ALREADY GOT the door open and they had to stop them before it was too late! SOOO dramatic.

HENCE the reason I don't want Sorceress there. Having the castle already manned and the bad guys trying to get past the impenatrable fortress is anti-climactic.

Given the choice, I'd like the bad guys to outnumber the good guys too... Even numbers when He-man could school 5 of them alone is kinda blah...

But going by 5/5 rule... I'd go.

He-man
    Man-at-arms
    Ram Man
    Teela or She-ra
    stratos.

Skeletor
    Beastman
    Triklops
    Trap Jaw
    Webstor (I just loved the old hook climbing the castle wall picture)

I guess itīs in the MOTUC timeline so Sorceress is dead, Snake Man at Arms is out of the picture so iīm choosing the most important and some wild cards:

Teela(as Sorceress)
    He-Man
    She-ra
    Clamp Champ
    Stratos(maybe we see a hint how he died?)

Skeletor
    Evil-Lyn
    Draego-Man(maybe fighting Stratos... hinthint)
    Beast-Man
    Tri-Klops

He-Man
    She-Ra
    Teela
    Sorceress
    Man-At-Arms

Skeletor
    Evil-Lyn
    Hordak
    Beastman
    King Hsss
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I guess itīs in the MOTUC timeline so Sorceress is dead, Snake Man at Arms is out of the picture so iīm choosing the most important and some wild cards:

I SINCERELY hope that the castle has NOTHING to do with the MOTUC timeline.

I want the castle artwork to be MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE. Perfect for every line that ever came before and/or After.

BESIDES, the Castle was there in the BEGINNING of the story, so they CERTAINLY don't have to tie it in to the END of the story...

Snake mountain? Three Towers? Fright Zone?? SURE... Play with those all you want. Throw in Draego man or Spector. She-ra and Extendar... All encompasing and all that...

Castle Grayskull?? the holy Grail of the MOTU mythos?? Let's keep this basic

I'm such a vintage purist but I think it would be refreshing to see Rudy tackle some new characters...

1.He-Man 1.Skeletor
    2.Teela 2.Evil-lyn
    3.Clamp-champ 3.Beast man
    4.Castle Grayskull man 4.Draego-man
    5.Stratos 5.Scareglow
    Last edited by King Criss79; November 8, 2012 at 02:18am.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    In order of preference:

1. He-Man (riding Battle Cat at the mouth threshold to stop intruders)
    2. Sorceress (in the window or on the big turret, with open wings and performing some magic to defend the castle)
    3. Man-at-Arms (shooting the laser gun on the small turret)
    4. Teela (appearing from around the castle riding a Sky Sled)
    5. Stratos (flying over the scene, dropping something on Mer-Man)
    6. Ram Man (ramming Beast Man's beast)

1. Skeletor (riding helmetless Panthor and trying to get into the castle, but encountering He-Man on the way)
    2. Evil-Lyn (performing some magic against the Sorceress)
    3. Beast Man (ordering some beast[s] to attack the castle)
    4. Trap Jaw (shooting up at Man-at-Arms)
    5. Tri-Klops (trying to see through the castle's wall using his X-ray vision)
    6. Mer-Man (emerging from some nearby river or waterbody)
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

i would choose the guys who we dont have yet so i can see the design but well of course will be
    He-man
    Skeletor
    and
    Two bad
    modulok
    multibot

Rotar
    Rio Blast
    Stonedar
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I SINCERELY hope that the castle has NOTHING to do with the MOTUC timeline.

I want the castle artwork to be MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE. Perfect for every line that ever came before and/or After.

BESIDES, the Castle was there in the BEGINNING of the story, so they CERTAINLY don't have to tie it in to the END of the story...

Snake mountain? Three Towers? Fright Zone?? SURE... Play with those all you want. Throw in Draego man or Spector. She-ra and Extendar... All encompasing and all that...

Castle Grayskull?? the holy Grail of the MOTU mythos?? Let's keep this basic
    I know what you mean and i get where you are coming from and frankly i agree with you but i gave up on high hopes. Since there is only MOTUC now and thatīs the way itīs handled i simply play by MATTELs rules.

On the other hand maybe iīm wrong. I looked at the Wind Raider box art and thatīs very vintage. So maybe there is hope.

Chewer of Trollans
    I'd just prefer a cassicized version of the original with a few more characters.
    And now, I'll bring the "hate". I really don't want to see snakemen, horde, POP, great rebellion, New Adventures, preternia, Son of He-Man era stuff on this one. I'm not against any of it; I just don't want it on this particular item.
    Not a deal breaker though, of course.

Heroic Podcaster
    He-Man (hopefully with BattleCat as 'one' choice - jousting with Skeletor)
    Teela (fighting Mer-Man)
    Man-At-Arms (fighting Trap Jaw)
    Stratos (flying, being shot at by Evil-Lyn)
    Mekaneck (behind He-Man, peering over the wall with extended neck or maybe using his neck to battering ram somebody!)

Skeletor (hopefully with Panthor as 'one' - jousting with He-Man)
    Evil-Lyn - casting spells, shooting at Stratos
    Beast-Man (climbing the walls or getting headbutted by Mekaneck)
    Trap Jaw (having a 'whose tech is best' battle wit MAA)
    Mer-Man (with CARDBACK head!, maybe coming out of the moat, lunging at Teela)

Gotta go traditional with Grayskull, at least 95% so. No offense to She-Ra fans, but I would not want to see her (and ESPECIALLY not Swiftwind) on the Grayskull box. MOTU is a darker mythos to me, while PoP is the brighter aspect of that. I'm all for PoP getting more toys for the fans but I do not want them blended into the Grayskull box art.
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Nobody outside the 12 back for me. MAYBE she-ra on there somewhere.... MAYBE....

PERSONALLY I like MOTU to be a BIT dark (not CRAZY dark and gritty...) and ESPECIALLY the art to Castle Grayskull. That original 'Fortress of power and mystery' image was what got me hooked on MOTU at 5 years old... and HONESTLY... Seeing a lady in white on a rainbow pegasus MAY have cheapened the dark, mysterious art there...

Personally... I'd like it to similar to the original. I love that the 'good guys' seemed to be behind the 8ball there. The bad guys ALREADY GOT the door open and they had to stop them before it was too late! SOOO dramatic.

HENCE the reason I don't want Sorceress there. Having the castle already manned and the bad guys trying to get past the impenatrable fortress is anti-climactic.

Given the choice, I'd like the bad guys to outnumber the good guys too... Even numbers when He-man could school 5 of them alone is kinda blah...

But going by 5/5 rule... I'd go.

He-man
    Man-at-arms
    Ram Man
    Teela or She-ra
    stratos.

Skeletor
    Beastman
    Triklops
    Trap Jaw
    Webstor (I just loved the old hook climbing the castle wall picture)
    You know what? i'm a rabid POP fan... But I think you may have a point here regarding swifwind. i think it would look a little weird to have its colors in there. So would the sorceress for that matter. i would just keep She-ra... Or tone done the colors of both swiftwind and Sorceress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Ill say one thing if there is a vote for the 5 villains and 5 heroes, I don't want to see anyone who is not part of the originals.

Skeletor
    Mer man
    Zodac
    Beast man
    Faker

Ill give up zodac for trap jaw because zodac is considered good sometimes

Heman
    Teela
    Stratos
    Maa
    Ram man or mef

I hope all you guys vote for the originals just like the 80s castle box

- - - Updated - - -

And I like the zoar idea instead of sorceress
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Top tier characters only, no POP, NA, etc.

Heroes:
    He-man
    Man-at-arms
    Stratos
    Mekaneck
    Ram Man

Villains:
    Skeletor
    Beastman
    Tri-clops
    Trapjaw
    Merman
    I don't get your "top tier" list. Where is Teela and The Sorcress? They are far more integral to the mythos than Stratos, Mekaneck and Ram Man. Also Evil-Lyn is Skeletor's second in command making her more "top tier" than everyone except Skeletor.

This is not personally directed to you Wulff, just in general. I really don't like the "no girls allowed" attitude that the fan boys have.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I would want Sorceress for sure, any of the other good guys are great and bad guys too, but definately the Sorceress
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I hope we get to see a bit of variety in the box art instead of going purely 8/12-back.

He-Man on Battle Cat
    Orko
    Man-At-Arms
    She-Ra
    Castle Grayskullman
    Zoar flying over the castle or Sorceress peering from a window.

Skeletor on Panthor
    Gygor
    Scare Glow
    Faker
    Beast Man
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    He-man on battle cat
    Man-at-arms
    Teela
    Stratos
    Man-e-faces/Ram man

Skeletor
    Evil-lyn
    Beast-man
    Mer-man
    Trap jaw

For me absolutely no pop, as Sun devil said the greyskull box art should have a darker under current, also please no Orko, the original box art was painted way before Orko was around and again
    Tonally the new one should reflect this.
    Just my 2cents,
    ZH

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I don't get your "top tier" list. Where is Teela and The Sorcress? They are far more integral to the mythos than Stratos, Mekaneck and Ram Man. Also Evil-Lyn is Skeletor's second in command making her more "top tier" than everyone except Skeletor.

This is not personally directed to you Wulff, just in general. I really don't like the "no girls allowed" attitude that the fan boys have.
    For myself as I said, Sorceress makes it too much of an 'occupied' place. It's hard to have an eternal battle for the castle.... with someone living there. I REALLY prefered when the castle was 'neutral territory'. Sooooo as much as Sorceress is integral to the grayskull mythos, I'm happy to have her not there.

Teela and Evil Lyn? Which version do they use? We've got too many versions floating around right now, and it's gonna be hard to please EVERYONE... Stratos?? He has one 'main' version. Same with Ram Man and Mekaneck. I'd be very sad for something as awesome as this dragged down into the obvious blonde/yellow skin debates

While Teela and Evil Lyn are 'a-list' without a doubt... I also like seeing OTHER people get the spotlight a bit more. I don't want C,D and Z list characters getting 'the cover'.... There are a few A and B list characters... who really never get the love that He-man/Teela/Man-at-arms get.

They've beeen there since the beginning (or near enough) and certainly have earned a place on the Castle's box